Philly flyers alternate

CC97

I know, this is from the same article as the Reverse jersey article, but it's still worthy of a new topic...

"For their part, the Philadelphia Flyers are one organization that already is reaching back to its roots.

Back in the 1970s, Don Saleski, Dave Schultz and the rest of the Broad St. Bullies were symbolized by flying elbows, Kate Smith singing God Bless America at home games, and their distinctive orange jerseys.

Little wonder crazed Flyer fans were up in arms when those trademark uniforms were scrapped at the conclusion of 2000-01 season in favour of the all-black model which was on display against the Leafs at the ACC last night.

But do not fear, Philly fanatics. The Flyers plan on unveiling their new orange third jerseys this Friday when they meet the Leafs at the First Union Centre.

According to Flyers head equipment manager Jim (Turk) Evers, bitter team supporters started a Web site to "bring back the orange jerseys." As a result, the club is addressing the wishes of their rabid followers.

"It won't be exactly the same as the old ones," Evers said. "The orange will be lighter and the logo will be like a 3-D one." "

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• 1 year later...
test javascript:add_smilie(%22:sleeping:%22)

Wiser words were never spoken on this board. :P

until now- the monkey who has the longest tail doesn't always get to the top of the tree first.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My bad, I was trying to get my signature to work, and didn't realize that it would jump the topic to the top. I assure you I will have much more to talk about than some html code that I can't seem to get to work...Again sorry from the new guy!

So does anyone know what this'll look like or when it comes out?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

my guess is that it'll look like this:

310032phi.jpg

and it'll come out some time in the 2002-2003 season :)

So does anyone know what this'll look like or when it comes out?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

my guess is that it'll look like this:

310032phi.jpg

and it'll come out some time in the 2002-2003 season :)

Don't like it! Colors all wrong, logo stinks and as for the striping- bush league. Man they are just trying to copy Philadelphia

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

That's clearly a Photoshopped job. My sources tell me that the Flyers have no intent on using a third jersey or bringing the color orange back - ever.

You guys really need to be more careful in stating things in such authoritative terms just because you see a picture of something that could be true, but which is later determined by me not to be true.

Archived