NASL logos for sportlogo.net

MaximGan

I was never crazy about the Manic name...

What? Really? No love for a team name that salutes a river/crater/reservoir/hydroelectric power system? All hail the "Mighty Manicouagan"!!!

:P

I knew it was Ma-NEEK instead of MAN-ik, but it was so long ago I had forgotten what it stood for. If you have to explain your team name, you've chosen the wrong one.

I did think of something interesting. The Manicouagan crater was an impact crater. The current club is called Montreal Impact. Coincidence? Hmm.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are all freakin' AWESOME. Great work; excellent quality!! I was a big NASL fan back in my childhood... had the red, white and blue "star" ball; saw the Rowdies play the Fury on Easter eve 1980... these bring me back to those halcyon days....

By the way, whenever I see this guy below it makes me think of those old "Schoolhouse Rock" cartoons:

Minnesota-KickSClogo.gif

Script logo

"Three... is a magic number"

It is what it is.

These are all freakin' AWESOME. Great work; excellent quality!! I was a big NASL fan back in my childhood... had the red, white and blue "star" ball; saw the Rowdies play the Fury on Easter eve 1980... these bring me back to those halcyon days....

I used to have the NASL soccer ball lamp. I have no idea what happened to it but I really wish I still had it. I do still have my Fort Lauderdale Strikers waste bin. It's in my computer room.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

By the way, whenever I see this guy below it makes me think of those old "Schoolhouse Rock" cartoons:

And I thought I was the only one.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Minnesota-KickSClogo.gif

Script logo

And appropriately, the Adidas stripes are all over the character's uniform and cleats.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

OUTSTANDING!! :woot:

MaximGan, we are really in awe of your ability and talent! You've already covered my hometown team, the Dallas Tornado, and you've rendered their logo and uniforms brilliantly. Those of us that fondly remember the NASL thank you very much, and look forward to more visual "goodies" from you!

--Larry

Once again, MaximGan amazes us with his NASL logos and uniforms. Way to go, Maxim! :woot:

I do have a question, though. I've always wondered if the logos for the Philadelphia Spartans and Pittsburgh Phantoms displayed any colors? From what I've come to find out, the Spartans' team colors were maroon and gold, and I would personally think that the crested helmet would've reflected that. As for the Phantoms, one current website states that their uniforms were purple and white, so one would surmise that some part of their logo would have that color. Would anyone have more concrete information about this? Thanks!

--Larry

Archived