2010 World Junior Hockey Championship

Korbyn

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my mind, and in many Canadians, some of the greatest hockey of the year is played in this tournament.

The crowds should be so loud in Saskatchewan. If it is anything like 1991, this tournament should be a great success.

For those who don't watch the WJHC ... check out this video from last year:

Just proves that anything is possible, these players show so much heart which makes this such a great tournament.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Good to see Brandon Kozun and Martin Jones make the team even if Jones isn't the starter. Also really looking forward to watching the all Spitfire line with Top 2 Pick Taylor Hall, Adam Henrique, and Flames prospect Greg Nemisz.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Good to see Brandon Kozun and Martin Jones make the team even if Jones isn't the starter. Also really looking forward to watching the all Spitfire line with Top 2 Pick Taylor Hall, Adam Henrique, and Flames prospect Greg Nemisz.

I was looking forward to watching the Stars 2009 First Round draft pick, Scott Glennie, play. He is out with a concussion though :cursing:

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I was looking forward to watching the Stars 2009 First Round draft pick, Scott Glennie, play. He is out with a concussion though :cursing:

Yeah I thought something was wrong with him because he should have been on the team if he wasn't injured. Also very surprised to hear that Tyler Seguin didn't make the team he's probably going to be the one that knocks off Hall for Top pick in the draft.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Only 7 times since 1974 has Canada NOT won a medal! Now that's impressive!

I know the WJHC isn't very closely followed here in the States, in fact most people don't even know the tournament exists, and that's sad. I must say that the current run of 5 championships in a row has to be considered one of the most dominant performances in hockey history, right up there with the 1970s Montreal Canadiens, or the 1980s Oilers, or even the USSR's run of 5 out of 6 Olympic golds (spoiler only by the 1980 US team, obviously).

Im excited 3 Caps prospects will be apart of the tournament, Cody Eakin and Stefan Della Rovere for Canada and John Carlson for Team USA.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Im excited 3 Caps prospects will be apart of the tournament, Cody Eakin and Stefan Della Rovere for Canada and John Carlson for Team USA.

Carlson was a pretty special player here in Indiana (USHL). It's real cool to see your team's guys go on and play in the World Juniors (and hopefully NHL down the road).

6fQjS3M.png

The NHL network will be showing USA and medal round games. In the past, a few Canada games have been on the NHL Center Ice package.

I really love this tournament and seeing the stars before they become stars. It would be nice if Canada were given a run for their money. They've been known to pulverize the field on occasion.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Carlson was a pretty special player here in Indiana (USHL). It's real cool to see your team's guys go on and play in the World Juniors (and hopefully NHL down the road).

Amen. Thats my appeal of minor league sports, to see your guys go on to the next level and succeed. John Carlson will be a special player for the Caps for a long long time.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The NHL network will be showing USA and medal round games. In the past, a few Canada games have been on the NHL Center Ice package.

I really love this tournament and seeing the stars before they become stars. It would be nice if Canada were given a run for their money. They've been known to pulverize the field on occasion.

Russia certainly gave them a run for their money last year!

The sad thing is that some of Canada's top prospects don't even play in the WJHC, because well they are in the NHL now!

i.e. Stamkos, Taveres ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The NHL network will be showing USA and medal round games.

But we have to listen to :censored:ing Gary Thorne. Seriously, NHLN? You couldn't find anyone else? :cursing:

Gary Thorne is one of the few U.S. hockey announcers I can actually stand listening to. Ken Daniels who does the Red Wings games on FSDetroit is pretty good too, but then you have to listen to Mickey Redmond's biased ass do color commentary.

The NHL network will be showing USA and medal round games.

But we have to listen to :censored:ing Gary Thorne. Seriously, NHLN? You couldn't find anyone else? :cursing:

Gary Thorne is one of the few U.S. hockey announcers I can actually stand listening to. Ken Daniels who does the Red Wings games on FSDetroit is pretty good too, but then you have to listen to Mickey Redmond's biased ass do color commentary.

Despite the fact I am a Stars fan, I believe that Daryl "Razor" Reaugh and Ralph Strangis are excellent announcers and some of the best in the business.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived