Report: Winnipeg Blue Bombers Head Coach Mike Kelly arrested.

NEW.ERA

I know there are a few CFL followers out there and a couple three Bomber fans thrown in there.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers head Coach Mike Kelly was arrested Thursday morning and charged with assault and harassment following a domestic dispute.

The Winnipeg Free Press is reporting that Police in Bridgeport, Pennsylvania responded to a disturbance at Kelly's home at 11:03am local time.

According to the report, the other person involved in the incident is Kelly's former girlfriend Andrea Peterson. The Police report says that Peterson had a cut on her lip along with redness on her neck and an additional cut on her finger along with bruises on her face.

Kelly was released under his own recognizance. He would not comment on the incident to the Free Press.

Blue Bombers chairman Ken Hildahl did speak to the Free Press, however he reserved judgment on the incident.

?At this point, what we'll be looking to do is get all the facts surrounding the incident in Philadelphia," said chairman Ken Hildahl in a team statement. "We willl deal with it at that point.?

Under Kelly Winnipeg finished the season at 7-and-11 and out of the playoffs.

The incident occurred on the same day that longtime Bombers' President and Chief executive officer Lyle Bauer was resigning his post after 10 years on the job.

The team's board of governors was set to meet later this week to discuss a full time replacement for Bauer along with deciding on the fate of Kelly who was highly criticized by the fans and the media in Winnipeg this past season.

Ironic twist to this is that the Bombers were going to announce that Mike Kelly would be returning, that doesn't look so promising now.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=302712

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Between this and Lyle Bauer stepping down "so suddenly" (I've got a feeling he knew something was going down in PA), the future's looking bright.

Word is that Tom Wright is the early favorite to take on Bauer's old duties.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I know there are a few CFL followers out there and a couple three Bomber fans thrown in there.

So, does that make six?

Just getting out there if there are actually more then me, Lee and Korbyn haha.

And as for a replacement this is a perfect time to bring back Greg Marshall I thought he shouldn't have gotten the axe after the 08' season. Then he would have been a perfect replacement but Toronto is also perusing him according to Dave Naylor.

NEW.ERA.PANDA-I send your link to footballcoachschoop.com, and they ran it.

I could send them a link that said Mack Brown was leaving Texas for Oklahoma, and they'd run it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, does that make six?

And as for a replacement this is a perfect time to bring back Greg Marshall I thought he shouldn't have gotten the axe after the 08' season. Then he would have been a perfect replacement but Toronto is also perusing him according to Dave Naylor.

He didn't get the axe, did he?

I thought that after Kelly got the coaching position he wanted a change because he was not the coach.

Left the team on his own choice ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

So, does that make six?

I thought that after Kelly got the coaching position he wanted a change because he was not the coach.

No but I think he is one of the top coordinators in the CFL so I think it's could be only a matter of time before he becomes the Head Boss.

And another problem is the Bombers need to find a GM.

So, does that make six?

No but I think he is one of the top coordinators in the CFL so I think it's could be only a matter of time before he becomes the Head Boss.

And another problem is the Bombers need to find a GM.

And a QB ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

A poll on winnipegsun.com:

Are you glad to see Mike Kelly gone as Blue Bombers coach?

Yes, they need a fresh start - 74%

No, he was good for them - 15%

Unsure - 11%

Just confirming what most know ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived