Personal "sport" logo

Saloos

Hey yall

I have a website about basketball and all, and I tried to get some "basketball flavor" in the main logo of the site. Since I think that the basketball frenzy was at all time high in the 90s...I took some inspiration from vivid colors and "electric" designs of the 90s.

On the left is current logo (on the website is "frozen" since it's cold outside, and on the right is my resdesign attempt.

2ikfec5.jpg

I stayed off gradients, shadows and any other complex stuff and tried to get as much of the logo feel as I could.

What say ye?

PS this is the "non winter" header.

Waaaay better than the current one, nice job! I'd play around with the colors to have around 4 maximum, but that's just me, and I guess the colors look good. The only thing I would say is make the white part around the ball that intersects with the red part (leaf?) round, instead of having 4 corners as it does now. That's the only thing though, nice job.

The "crown" of the logo resembles the leaf in a way but not intentionally. It kinda reminds me of old Sacramento Kings logo.

The color part is always hard one, of course. I tried playing with Kuler, I want to have live colors but then again not over the top.

I'm thinking in a lane of 90s Spurs logo (the current all gray one is plain awful)

You suggest I round all the corners on the upper part of the logo, the lines above the basketball?

I will give it a try, but since the logo is "spikey" at first glance, I don't know if round corners would blend well...doesn't hurt to try tho :)

Now when I look at it bit more, the upper part could maybe resemble a subtle crown?

I think I'll change the 24-bit-color-to-the-max versions for internet, for some casual refreshing of the website look...

The 3 color versions will be more "serious".

So it's down to these two

m8yyao.jpg

Can I ask a question - does anyone know the pantone code of Chicago Bulls red? If I'll go with red, I'll try using my favorite team red :)

Archived