Penguins, Sharks, Thrashers!

MikePho3niX

i like the penguins logo although it is pretty muc the exact same idea as the sharks current logo with the animal coming out of a triangular shape, fins in same location, and biting a stick. but still very good. the water drops need to go for sure. they are too big and unecissary and actually ruin the logos good all around feel and style otherwise. i like your sharks logo but not as much as the sharks real logo. your angle is from the side while the sharks real logo is coming at you in a way which is more intense to me. i dont agree with the person who said it was too cartoony for a pro team. i dont understand the shape behind the shark in the first one though. i think that you should get rid of the white portio of that triangular shape on the top right and make it more straight across (maybe with a slight curve) to the upper left corner. your thrashers logo is my favorite of the bunch but the likelyhood of contacting the team and having them go for is 0. maybe .001. not because its not good enough because it is better than what they have in many ways, but they already have a brand image and will not change just because something looks nice. and many team owners/management have no idea what a good logo even is.

I like the penguins logo although it is pretty muc the exact same idea as the sharks current logo with the animal coming out of a triangular shape, fins in same location, and biting a stick. but still very good. the water drops need to go for sure.

I don't understand the shape behind the shark in the first one though. i think that you should get rid of the white portio of that triangular shape on the top right and make it more straight across (maybe with a slight curve) to the upper left corner.

Many team owners/management have no idea what a good logo even is.

1) The Pens logo will be very uneven if i take away those drops. I can take away a few but that's it, those big ones at the top have to stay. also hes not biting the stick he's just breaking it.

2) The shape is a convex triangle shape and at the top the sharks fins breaks it. The top of the triangle is suppose to symbolize the fin in wavy water. it has been suggested in other places i reflect the triangle so it looks more like a wake behind the fin.

3) I totally agree, I'm not the best designer here by far to some of you. I DO know! with all this talent here we could make a better marketable NHL or any Sport for that matter.

MikePho3niX.png

I love the Pens logo, however I'm not loving the red-orange colored bill. It just seems off balance with it. Thrasers logo is beautiful and the uniforms flow. The Sharks logo is kind of strange though. The shark looks great, but the flow of the "shield" on the first one throws it off. Is it supposed to represent water?

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

That Penguins logo is a concept done for the Dunedin Penguins of the Southern League in New Zealand...Are you the person who did that logo?

Yeah i thought that was you. There Forums is closed you know they picked the Rock-hopper one right

Yeah I'm going to get one from them once they order them. Played there myself for them and either logo is better then what they currently use lol... Funny thing is though, Dunedin is known for yellow eyed penguins, not rock hoppers.

And they had to move the forum to a different site because the club was getting pissed at them for what was being said on it.

And I should probably make a comment on the logos, I really do enjoy them, especially the Thrashers. Way better then what they use.

That Penguins logo is a concept done for the Dunedin Penguins of the Southern League in New Zealand...Are you the person who did that logo?

Yeah i thought that was you. There Forums is closed you know they picked the Rock-hopper one right

Yeah I'm going to get one from them once they order them. Played there myself for them and either logo is better then what they currently use lol... Funny thing is though, Dunedin is known for yellow eyed penguins, not rock hoppers.

And they had to move the forum to a different site because the club was getting pissed at them for what was being said on it.

And I should probably make a comment on the logos, I really do enjoy them, especially the Thrashers. Way better then what they use.

Here is what the Jersey is going to look like.

20112009208.jpg

MikePho3niX.png

I don't like that Penguins logo, orange beak? You are introducing ORANGE in a PITTSBURGH PENGUINS logo...do you know how wrong that is? On so many levels. It's showing up as a deep orange on my screen, my screen doesn't suck but I can see it as a red like some others are seeing it...either way, no need adding another colour.

The logo is fine, if anything I would rather see the logo in the circle crest with the Pittsburgh Penguins written at the top and bottom (like the vintage 3rd jersey) added as a shoulder patch and go back to the Steelers/Pirates black & gold. The Pens are dropping the baby blue thirds, yeah it's the highest selling jersey and all of that, but it's not all that intimidating and menacing and really, the team has bad luck in them.

I am hoping the 80's black jersey is back or the Pittsburgh diagonal black jersey is back (it is, the style that the team entered the league with, but in powder blue and dark blue).

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived