NHL Designs

crkraider22

I like the away and the alternate, but I feel there is too much red on the home jersey. I'm not sure how this could be solved without overloading on green, but there is just too much red for my liking right now. Nice job on the away and the alternate though, they both look very sharp.

With the home and away on the update below, the green and white are the main interchangable colors, while the red and gold are limited to outline piping. The only change on the alternate is that the pants are not consistant throughout all three jerseys.

Not a fan of the away jersey, without the hem stripes the baseball logo looks lost IMO

I took out the baseball logo because of this, so hopefully it helps.

The logos look kinda small, especially the road script. I love the star/stripes on the alternate.

I have a size limit for the logos, so all of them have been the same width, this one is the first that is more wider than taller, so that could contribute to it looking smaller. The star idea is from my first go around of NHL designs with a few modifications.

Here is the update, everything that has been changed has been adressed in the comments above.

min2.png

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two other updates to put out, the Devils and the Oilers.

nj4.png

-Went back to the second update and replaced the green with black

edm3.png

-All jerseys have the same design

-New oil man shoulder logo

-Orange replaces bronze as secondary color

Alright. I guess I'll start with the Devils design. The Home (red) jersey is a good start. Now with the Away (white) you really need to decide what you want to do here. Keeping the shoulders black, you should make the bottom of the sleeves black (instead of red) and the black stripe on the sleeve should be red. Same thing with the socks. Or if you want to switch the colors, go for it. But it looks terrible having both ways. Same thing with the alternate jersey. You have to have some consistency in your designs.

the oilers arm stripes are either too thick or up too high. they look like they are touching the shoulder design.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Love the Oilers update ! ...Not sure about the abondance of white on the home Wild jersey though and I prefered the green Devils version !

Still, your thread is turning into a real goo one, keep it up !

The Oilers will go through another change, I agree with the white on the Wild, expect a whole new design, and the more I looked at the Devils, I really couldn't decide what looked better, but both schemes are rather unigue in the league.

Alright. I guess I'll start with the Devils design. The Home (red) jersey is a good start. Now with the Away (white) you really need to decide what you want to do here. Keeping the shoulders black, you should make the bottom of the sleeves black (instead of red) and the black stripe on the sleeve should be red. Same thing with the socks. Or if you want to switch the colors, go for it. But it looks terrible having both ways. Same thing with the alternate jersey. You have to have some consistency in your designs.

the oilers arm stripes are either too thick or up too high. they look like they are touching the shoulder design.

I have to disagree with you about the Devils. The jerseys are consistent with how I designed them. They keep constant colors in the same place through out all three jerseys with the exception of the base jersey color. The Oilers arm and shoulder will be fixed either tonight or tomorrow.

i know what your trying to do in making all three jerseys as uniform as possible but it simply won't work. Your losing colors by keeping it this way.

While your trying to keep them similar, you're actually making them completely different. For instance, the home and third jerseys have three stripes on the arms and legs where the road only has two - because your losing a white stripe blending into the jersey base color.

You have a thin red stripe on the shoulders - making red appear to be an accent color. Then all of a sudden, it's the primary color on the lower sleeve? Doesn't make any sense.

As you see from my examples, they all carry a consistent pattern and you still keep all of your design and colors together.

Image4-8.png

Image6-3.png

Image7-1.png

You could even get away with using this as the alternate, going with the two stripe pattern - referring to the away jersey in similarity.

Image8-2.png

Hopefully this helps you understand what I'm trying to say

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

i know what your trying to do in making all three jerseys as uniform as possible but it simply won't work. Your losing colors by keeping it this way.

While your trying to keep them similar, you're actually making them completely different. For instance, the home and third jerseys have three stripes on the arms and legs where the road only has two - because your losing a white stripe blending into the jersey base color.

You have a thin red stripe on the shoulders - making red appear to be an accent color. Then all of a sudden, it's the primary color on the lower sleeve? Doesn't make any sense.

As you see from my examples, they all carry a consistent pattern and you still keep all of your design and colors together.

You could even get away with using this as the alternate, going with the two stripe pattern - referring to the away jersey in similarity.

Hopefully this helps you understand what I'm trying to say

Its not that I don't understand what you are trying to say, its that I feel that along with your way, you can also keep jerseys flowing by carrying over color patches and/or striping patterns. As of now, the Devils will stay the same, considering that if I kept the constant striping, it is basically what they have now.

Oilers update

edm4.png

-Removed yoke and shoulder logo from primaries.

-Alternate is based off of WHA uniform, using five stripes for the Cups won.

Wild update

min3.png

-Striping on primaries repersent curves and lines created by the logo outline, river, and tree aspects.

-Circle logo on alternate.

Starting on another team, but will update as always.

Ottawa Senators:

-Saturated Gold to more of a bronze. There are more yellow/gold teams in the league, and a return to the more saturated color also brings back when they were re-introduced into the league.

-Roman Striping on primary uniforms. This is a unique feature that not many teams have to take advantage of. I realize that they are big, but I wanted to avoid the possibility of having it smaller and the black running together and from a distance.

-2D logo on primaries. This is what I feel is the stronger of the current logo set that they have, and at ties together the recent history of the team's expansion.

-Alternate rid of all gold/bronze. A nod back to the pre-1990's Senators team.

ott1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Wild's alternate jersey. It's really, really nice.

Thanks.

I'm personally not a fan of the gold too much anymore, but I really like the alt.

On the update below, the gold is restricted to the logos and the primaries now feature a 3 stripe pattern with thin black between the red and white. That thin stripe also separates the two colors on the alternate as well.

ott2.png

I really like the Sens jerseys you made. The alternate is something that is long overdue for Ottawa. The home is a great continuation of their current red look. I like how you simplified it and gave it a more classic look. I like what you did with the away jersey but I'd add a bit more black to it. Perhaps it could use a bit of inspiration from the jersey that the Sens wore in their early years. It's so close to it right now, that it wouldn't be much of a stretch.

O_Senators_H.gif

I don't know if I'd suggest you make almost the whole arm black like on these jerseys, but I think a bit of black would be a nice nod to what is probably the best known Sens jersey.

thecatch.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Montreal Canadiens

I've had this sitting around for a few days, finally got around to posting it. The jerseys all have consistent designs, a combination of the current home and aways. I still plan on continuing this, just might take awhile now that I'm approaching finals in a month or so. C&C.

mon1.png

HUGE upgrade w/ out gold it looks great.

I wasn't sure at first about taking the gold out, but it has grown on me.

Love the update! The 3rd is the best yet, better than anything the Sens have ever had. That being said Go Leafs Go!

Thanks, its one of the few I carried over from my first set of designs.

Not a big fan of the Oilers shoulder yoke update.

I think that what I came up with is the best solution to my designs based off C&C, but I will take this into consideration if I re-visit them later on.

I really like the Sens jerseys you made. The alternate is something that is long overdue for Ottawa. The home is a great continuation of their current red look. I like how you simplified it and gave it a more classic look. I like what you did with the away jersey but I'd add a bit more black to it. Perhaps it could use a bit of inspiration from the jersey that the Sens wore in their early years. It's so close to it right now, that it wouldn't be much of a stretch.

I don't know if I'd suggest you make almost the whole arm black like on these jerseys, but I think a bit of black would be a nice nod to what is probably the best known Sens jersey.

I wanted red to be the main color with the primary set, especially considering the alternate is a black-out. I did draw some inspiration from that jersey with the update, but chose to leave out big patches of black.

Archived