NHL Designs

crkraider22

Not a fan of the socks on the road and alt uniforms. On the road, it just feels like too much red (or maybe not enough, it just doesn't feel right), and on the alt the green tops flow into the pants too well. Reminds me of Cooperalls.

The socks are updated, I feel that there is enough red on the away to identify them as the Devils. The red hem on the alternate I feel breaks up the green enough.

Nice update. I personally can't decide if I like black or green better for this, but what you did looks nice. I like the alt. jersey, nice job.

Thanks, I personally like the green so that there are no similarities with the 'Hawks, I learned that.

Very nice. The green would make them stand out from everyone else. I think the socks from the alternate would look best for all unis!

Thanks.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to make the stripes on the socks thicker.

I agree with you to a point, but to me it seems that some teams have slimmer stripes with their socks and I kept these the same as the sleeve stripes.

It looks much better than before. The socks are kinda meh on both the road and alternate, though. They looks a bit off balance. Definitely tinker with that a bit. But, I like the updates.

The only change to the socks are that on the home and road I eliminated the red bottoms in favor of a red stripe similar to the striping on the pants.

nj3.png

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edmonton Oilers: For the Oilers, I got rid of the red for orange and brought silver back. The primaries are based off of the pre-edge thirds, while the third is also based off the color scheme for that jersey. The logos use the orange oil drop to tie the three in and the shoulder logo matches the the third with the gear design.

edm1.png

The orange for the Oilers looks red to me.

I'll desaturate it in the update.

I don't like the Oilers retro look or their new look, yet I have never seen a re-design that I like. Maybe I just hate the Oilers?

What would you like to see with the Oilers, I can take them into consideration with the update.

I really like the home an away. I'm not sold on the alternate, maybe it's time to give the steel oil drop a rest?

I was deciding between that and the shoulder logo, so I'll try the other in the next update.

I think it's a lame crest...letters and a drop, really? I like the gear logo MacFarlane came up with. I think I need outside the box for the Oil..their crest is striving to be minor league almost 40 years after becoming major league.

I think it's a lame crest...letters and a drop, really? I like the gear logo MacFarlane came up with. I think I need outside the box for the Oil..their crest is striving to be minor league almost 40 years after becoming major league.

I couldn't agree more, Stormo. The Oilers logo is getting old in general. As classy as it appears, I think many people are striving for something new and inventive.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Heh. Your uniforms remind me too much of the Islanders. I've always liked the steel meets oil drop logo, but the old Oilers color scheme isn't a good choice for it.

I addressed both of these in the update below, hopefully for the better.

The MacFarlane logo is still on the third in the update, hopefully these colors help.

I couldn't agree more, Stormo. The Oilers logo is getting old in general. As classy as it appears, I think many people are striving for something new and inventive.

With the update, I hoped to achieve the inventive look, especially with the alternate. I am starting another team, but as always this will be open for another update. You will notice there is no white on the alternate, and the number of sleeve stripes are symbolic to the number of cups won, similar to the number of rivets on the logos.

edm2.png

I'd like to see the shoulder "yoke" (I believe it's called) like you have in the third on all Oilers sweaters. Shout back to the glory years.

I would too, actually. By the way, the update looks much better. However, on the third jersey I think the oil drop on the wrench should be blue with the current outline you have.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

That Rangers set is brilliant. It always speaks wonders about a concept when it can take a timeless/untouchable look, change it, and actually improve on the original in nearly every way. Great job.

I prefer the last Devils set before the most recent update, actually. With the red bottoms on the white socks. They matched the sweater better. The new one with the mostly white socks looks slightly unbalanced. Also the green jersey may be something to be avoided. It looks nice, but the Devils in any other dark colour other then red just looks "off." It's not bad by any means, I just don't think it's necessary to complete the idenity you've worked up for them.

My favourite Oilers set would be your first, with the old colours. It just looks better, in my opinion. Also, I'm a fan of third jerseys that have the same primary colour as the home sweater, but still stand out on their own. You accomplished this very well with your first Oilers draft.

Wonder if that 3rd jersey of the Oilers be similar to the old Alberta Oilers WHA jersey?? The orange one with the blue yoke shoulder?? Can that be done properly with the 1980s Oiler logo? I'm interested in seeing how it turns out..

As for the other jerseys.. wow I'm blown away.. but a few I thought was odd.. the NJ one with the black theme.. ehh.. but the red and green and white theme should be a good use... and the Vancouver jersey with the V on the arm-shoulder area?? AWESOME!!! I like that one...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I'd like to see the shoulder "yoke" (I believe it's called) like you have in the third on all Oilers sweaters. Shout back to the glory years.

Since I dropped the original crest in the update, I also dropped the idea of the yoke with the primaries. Since I went with a classic inspired third, thats why the yoke is just on that.

I would too, actually. By the way, the update looks much better. However, on the third jersey I think the oil drop on the wrench should be blue with the current outline you have.

Thanks, I considered an all blue and silver logo, but I wanted to keep some copper in the logo. Also, it keeps the two logos constant in color since both are on one jersey.

not a Hockey fan, and barely familiar with what would be considered a "good" hockey uniform...

but I immediately thought Minnesota Wild when I saw that Devils concept.

I knew there would be some similarities between the two, but the designs for the two will be different so that there will be no mistaking what team is who.

That Rangers set is brilliant. It always speaks wonders about a concept when it can take a timeless/untouchable look, change it, and actually improve on the original in nearly every way. Great job.

I prefer the last Devils set before the most recent update, actually. With the red bottoms on the white socks. They matched the sweater better. The new one with the mostly white socks looks slightly unbalanced. Also the green jersey may be something to be avoided. It looks nice, but the Devils in any other dark colour other then red just looks "off." It's not bad by any means, I just don't think it's necessary to complete the idenity you've worked up for them.

My favourite Oilers set would be your first, with the old colours. It just looks better, in my opinion. Also, I'm a fan of third jerseys that have the same primary colour as the home sweater, but still stand out on their own. You accomplished this very well with your first Oilers draft.

Thanks, I had some trouble on how I could update the Rangers but still keep the timeless feel. With the Devils, I think that the black and green could either be used with the design I have, so I will re-visit that one a little later. I agree that jerseys with the same base colors would look better, not only from a fan's point, but from an equipment point as well. The only reason I scrapped that in the update was since I dropped the current crest from all uniforms and went for a more modern look, I figured I would try that with with the alternate.

Wonder if that 3rd jersey of the Oilers be similar to the old Alberta Oilers WHA jersey?? The orange one with the blue yoke shoulder?? Can that be done properly with the 1980s Oiler logo? I'm interested in seeing how it turns out..

As for the other jerseys.. wow I'm blown away.. but a few I thought was odd.. the NJ one with the black theme.. ehh.. but the red and green and white theme should be a good use... and the Vancouver jersey with the V on the arm-shoulder area?? AWESOME!!! I like that one...

I had considered the orange alternate, but I wasn't sure the reaction considering the Flyers and Islanders had orange as a jersey color. I know it went well with the Flyers, but I wasn't sold on that as a part of the look for the Oilers. Thanks for checking this thread, I hope you continue to as i post more concepts.

Minnesota Wild

For the Wild, I kept the same template for the primary jerseys, an used their script on the away, a la a baseball team, I figured that would be a unique aspect. The third is similar to their current home, but the sleeve striping is the shooting star from the logo. The wheat is a darker, golder color and used stricting for small piping/stripes.

min1y.png

Archived