NHL Designs

crkraider22

Teams-5.png

I have been working on this for about a week now, and I finally think I got something that is ready for C&C. With the colors, I kept the blue and green, but dropped the silver. The blue is slightly darker, a la the pre-edge jerseys. The logos for the primary home and away are the modified stick-in-rink logo on the chest and the unused VC logo on the shoulders. I feel that the combination gives the classic feel and representation the Canucks are looking for. The alternate logos are the Johnny Canuck series. I used the full body on the chest just because I feel it would be messy used as a smaller shoulder logo. The jerseys could be seen as edge-ified from historical ones. The home and away feature shoulder yokes and V-striping on the sleeves. Instead of slanted striping on the hem, i kept straight lines to balance out the curves of the sleeves. The alternate is based off of the Millionaires jersey with alternating blue and white striping going up the sleeves, hem, and socks. The color layout is based off of the clothing of the full body Johnny Canuck logo.

van1w.png

I hope to do a few more teams and update teams that I already completed.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice concept, I like how you treated the Vs on the sleeve in a modern, Edge way. The way you laid out the colors, with green in between white on the homes and blue in between green on the roads, ends up looking really good. The alternate is interesting, I don't know how it would look on the ice but it's unique. I'm not crazy about the alternate socks though. One suggestion I would make is to put the johnny canuck logo on the home and away shoulders, because you have a C on the chest and a VC on the shoulders now, which is a little too much initialing for me, and a representation of the mascot somewhere would be more appropriate. One last thing would be that this template, while nice, is better when used as an extra to a laid-out presentation, a la dgnmrw's concepts. Nice work.

Looks great especially the design. Third jerseys is better than the current, but the new shade of blue doesn't looks so good as the current blue. It ain't so "retro" anymore.

Thanks, the reason I chose the darker blue was because for most of their existence the main jerseys have either been black or dark blue. The blue is lighter than the dark blue that they used at the beginning of the decade.

the stripes on the home look a little out of place to me but i think the other 2 are great

The stripes on the home are exactly the same as the ones on the away. So if they were to look out of place, then the ones on the away would be the same way.

Nice concept, I like how you treated the Vs on the sleeve in a modern, Edge way. The way you laid out the colors, with green in between white on the homes and blue in between green on the roads, ends up looking really good. The alternate is interesting, I don't know how it would look on the ice but it's unique. I'm not crazy about the alternate socks though. One suggestion I would make is to put the johnny canuck logo on the home and away shoulders, because you have a C on the chest and a VC on the shoulders now, which is a little too much initialing for me, and a representation of the mascot somewhere would be more appropriate. One last thing would be that this template, while nice, is better when used as an extra to a laid-out presentation, a la dgnmrw's concepts. Nice work.

The layout of the alternate is similar to something that the Vancouver Giants wore either this year or last year. Granted those were maroon but I don't think it would look that different. I'll update the sock striping and also switch the shoulder logos between the home/away and alternate. I understand what you mean with the template, but I wanted to have a simple one image layout, and trying to have jerseys, pants, socks, helmets, gloves, and this all in one image seemed too cluttered for my liking.

Love the "V" sleeves!

Thanks, its one of the aspects that I liked from the black, red, and yellow days that I feel would help their current set become more unique.

One of the nicest Canucks concepts I've seen. And there have been a lot over the past couple years.

There have been a lot, and I figured that with the talk about them ditching the orca next year that I would work on something for them.

These are excellent. I like the newer version with the switched alternate logos, as it helps tie the primary and third sweaters together. If the Canucks went with this I would have to break my "no Edge" rule and buy one.

I do have one suggestion though. The green alternate. The Canucks have never worn a green primary, and it just looks kind of odd. I would suggest trying a blue version of the alternate. The logo and striping are different enough from the home and road sweaters that I think it could work.

Its not the stripes that look out of place, i just dont think i like that much green

I see. I had thought about not doing a yoke on the home and just having a green outline, but I felt like it broke up the flow between the home and away.

These look pretty amazing! The striping is different, but I think that's what makes this concept original.

Thanks, I wanted something that still gave the Vancouver feel but I didn't want to just use small "V" and straight sleeve striping.

These are excellent. I like the newer version with the switched alternate logos, as it helps tie the primary and third sweaters together. If the Canucks went with this I would have to break my "no Edge" rule and buy one.

I do have one suggestion though. The green alternate. The Canucks have never worn a green primary, and it just looks kind of odd. I would suggest trying a blue version of the alternate. The logo and striping are different enough from the home and road sweaters that I think it could work.

I did green because out of the Canadian teams, I feel that the Canucks have the least time with a "standard" scheme with uniforms or colors. I know a lot of people were wanting green alternate when teams were allowed to create them with edge fabrics.

So here are the Rangers. I modified the diagonal scripts for the home and away, using New York on the away. The alternate uses a modified shield and script. I tried to keep the striping consistent throughout. I will update this pending C&C given.

nyr1.png

It's a pretty good Canucks concept, though I prefer the lighter blue of the current jerseys, as it's more distinctive IMO than the darker blue. The switch of the shoulder logos in the update is a good call. I think having the different parts of the identity on each jersey ties it together a little better. To complete the look, I'd drop the VC on the alt jersey logo and put a mini stick in rink on there.

The rangers road is awesome

Thanks, its kind of hard to think of something different for an original six team.

The striping on the home and road seem excessively chunky. Narrow those up a bit and I think it's a fantastic concept!

This is updated below so that the stripes are the same length.

nyr2.png

Archived