The Stampman Challenge

Stampman

Today I sit in a public library at a ridiculously slow computer---I have just moved and my internet is not hooked back up yet--so in lieu of my witty comments (take that with a grain of salt if you must--or even the whole shaker) here's the first Stampman challenge--it's simple

Design a uniform & logo for the New Jersey Jersies mentioned in another thread.

It can be for any team sport that has a major pro league or prominent international league/tournament-no need to be North American centred

-hockey, football, baseball, basketball, soccer, rugby, etc are all possible-

Any colours are permitted--minimum of 1 jersey and maximum of 3 (home, away, and alternate if desired).

When I'm hooked back up at home, I'll give the deadline.

Above all have fun, and silliness counts (given the name), but so does artisitic vision!

(and a hint--the word Jersey has more than one meaning--if that helps get you going)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i'm in

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I took the New Jersey Jerseys in a different direction than you might have expected.

Thusly -

soccer_cow.gif

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Thanks, InTheEnd88. I don't know how one would produce a jersey like this, but I like the idea of having my name on the back three times (you play for the name on the front of the jersey, but my name is on there three times... it's actually perfect for the NBA!)

Here's my submission. The coat of arms on this jersey is found on the flag of the Island of Jersey, and the colors are derived from that seal. Hope y'all enjoy... I think this is one of the better jersies that I've designed, but I guess that's up to you guys to decide. Feedback appreciated.

NJJersies.gif

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

wow, shmee... nice work. You really took this seriously and made a nice looking jersey. Terriffic work.

ΓΔΒ!

wow, shmee... nice work. You really took this seriously and made a nice looking jersey. Terriffic work.

Thanks for the compliments. I figured someone had to do a serious looking jersey, and I really got into this one.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

It funny, jungle.. that was actually what I wanted to do.. but when i searched for a Jersey Cow, all knowing google showed me that Jerseys are all brown with white touches. I was disapointed. It is cool to see what the white with black spots looks like.

Bonus for the Rosie refence. :P

ΓΔΒ!

Some nice stuff guys--I'm at the library right now--just had a dentist's appointment and I don't feel like driving until the effects wear off.

I should be hooked at home tonight--so I'll announce the deadline then...

So still some time for more entries--and I guess this is a bump of sorts too...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Okay there are more challenges here--so this will end Sunday night/Monday morning this week--(somewhere when it turns from April 17 to 18--depending on your time zone)--or April 18 if you're ealier than North America, April 17 if yoou're in a time zone after North America...

See you then...

Archived