Vikings' Midfield Logo

CJworks

I'm sitting here watching the Vikings-Cowboys game, and I noticed that the Vikings' midfield logo (the primary) has a purple outline rather than a black one. Is this a minor tweak for the midfield logo or a sign of a future update? No pics yet, if anyone can confirm this that'd be great

Since it was brought up, it's a real shame they didn't update that logo slightly (at the minimum change the style of shading on the horns--and really that'd be enough), and make this exact change of replacing the black with purple.

I think the logo they've been using for more than 40 years now is really almost perfect as is. I tried to replicate the midfield logo by simply changing the black to the same hue of purple used on the helmet, and it just didn't look quite right. In fact, I've tried several times to alter the Vikings' logo somewhat, but have always found that the original just looks great as is.

I have a question and I a cannot post, so here we go...

Why did the NFL do away with the super bowl endzones from the early 70's up to super bowl 30....I loved the helmet on each side of the team name, with the left side being the team helmet and the right side having the conference logo inside the helmet... I thought the endzones looked so sharp and cool. Now ever since super bowl 31, they have the team name in the middle still but have gone back and forth with logos or the nfl logo on the left side and just the conference logo on the right.......

Thanks for the pic, slats.

Quillz, I realize how long their current primary lasted. But i dunno. That midfield logo does look pretty sick...

Oh, I agree. But I find it only looks slick on the midfield. When I try to just edit a typical vector version of the logo by replacing black with purple, it just doesn't look right. There's too much purple. I think it works on the midfield because that logo is surrounded by green, and lots of it. But on the web, the image is just against a black or white background, and having too much purple just doesn't look as good.

In fact, lots of midfield logos tend to be a little different from the "proper" logo, and because of the fact it's going to be against a dark grassy background.

I know this is me being lazy, but if anybody has a chance and the capability, would someone mind posting a version of their current logo with just the black being replaced with purple?

Here's a version I did for my NFL redesign series. It has a few very minor tweaks, but mostly it just replaces all the black with purple and all the flesh-tone with white, so that it's producible entirely in purple, yellow, and white.

Vikes.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I know this is me being lazy, but if anybody has a chance and the capability, would someone mind posting a version of their current logo with just the black being replaced with purple?

Here's a version I did for my NFL redesign series. It has a few very minor tweaks, but mostly it just replaces all the black with purple and all the flesh-tone with white, so that it's producible entirely in purple, yellow, and white.

This is beautiful. Exactly the type of update I'd like to see. You could keep the skin color or not, IMO. It definitely looks fine white.

Vikes.png

I love that. Excellent work.

Vikes.png

I've always wondered why they made the helmet on the Viking the same color as the hair. Wouldn't it have been purple or silver or something other then yellow???

Seems awkward to me....almost like its an extension of his hair. Its as if he's wearing a purple headband with horns. Wish they'd fix that.

Archived