Icethetics Haiti Hockey Team Contest

Hokie34

Hey guys! Chris over at icethetics.info, a popular hockey uniform blog, is accepting submissions for his Haiti national hockey team concept contest. This contest has no prize, as it is just to raise awareness about the horrible tragedy that occurred in Haiti not long ago. He said to go ahead and start a topic here were we can post our concepts to attract more attention and cool concepts. If you want to email him with your concepts, send them to icethetics@gmail.com. Here are the uniforms that I drew up.

temp.png?t=1278818900

VThokiesfan34.pngVThokiesfan34.png

"to raise awareness"

It's a compelling cause, but there's something wrong with a person sitting in front of their computer if they need to design a hockey uniform to be reminded of this unimaginable tragedy that's been flooding every site (news and otherwise) since.

Usually, things done to "raise awareness" have a way to help out with the charity or cause in question, whether it's being able to pledge money or auction off something with the proceeds going to the charity.

Simply designing a uniform or identity for Haiti really won't help the victims.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

What we mean by "raising awareness", designing these uniforms can help us take a further look into the earthquake. Although it wont do much, it can convince some people to donate or participate in relief for the stunned country.

temp.png?t=1278818900

VThokiesfan34.pngVThokiesfan34.png

What we mean by "raising awareness", designing these uniforms can help us take a further look into the earthquake. Although it wont do much, it can convince some people to donate or participate in relief for the stunned country.

Raising awareness to what? After the earthquake occurred, there were already a slew of of nations, organizations, sports leagues, political figures, celebrities, etc. calling for humanity to help the victims in need down in Haiti.

Someone had to smoke a lot of pot to connect hockey uniforms to raising awareness and helping us take a further look into the earthquake in Haiti.

1) Lay off the pot

2) Instead of taking time to do hockey uniforms, organize something with your friends to send some donations/supplies

3) Lay off the pot.

Sorry man, but this is just one of those half measures that people do to attempt to show/impress people with their "compassion/caring". How in the hell does designing fake hockey uniforms for a country that doesn't have a hockey team and has a hell of a lot more pressing needs that can help be fulfilled by taking the time you did these in and going to Walmart, get some non-perishable goods/toiletries/water/etc... and donating them?

So in conclusion, lay off the pot.

P.S. Before you attempt any sort of a comeback, I moved to New Orleans a year and a half after Katrina and am actively involved in the rebuilding of the city on top of finishing my Masters.

Someone had to smoke a lot of pot to connect hockey uniforms to raising awareness and helping us take a further look into the earthquake in Haiti.

1) Lay off the pot

2) Instead of taking time to do hockey uniforms, organize something with your friends to send some donations/supplies

3) Lay off the pot.

Sorry man, but this is just one of those half measures that people do to attempt to show/impress people with their "compassion/caring". How in the hell does designing fake hockey uniforms for a country that doesn't have a hockey team and has a hell of a lot more pressing needs that can help be fulfilled by taking the time you did these in and going to Walmart, get some non-perishable goods/toiletries/water/etc... and donating them?

So in conclusion, lay off the pot.

P.S. Before you attempt any sort of a comeback, I moved to New Orleans a year and a half after Katrina and am actively involved in the rebuilding of the city on top of finishing my Masters.

That's all fine and good, but have you managed to lay off the pot?

dude calm down... a lot of people on icethetics and me thought it would be cool... we arent trying to start something or anything... ive already donated 100 dollars of my own money to relief

That's awesome. That's probably more than everyone criticizing you in this thread combined. Good on you, man.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

dude calm down... a lot of people on icethetics and me thought it would be cool... we arent trying to start something or anything... ive already donated 100 dollars of my own money to relief

When your mom dies in a car accident we'll be sure to start up a "design a football uniform" contest to raise awareness for that. I bet that will make you feel nice because a lot of people will think it was "cool."

That's all fine and good, but have you managed to lay off the pot?

You know me Jigga, always tokin it up....

And Hokie, Good on you man. I apologize. Had I known that, I wouldn't have posted anything.

Take a further look into the earthquake? Are you effing serious? This is certainly one of the dumber things I've seen on here.

Design a jersey for a country so ravaged by this tragedy that fielding a team in any sport is the furthest thing from their mind? I'm sure the people of Haiti will be glad that a bunch of kids designed jerseys that for them during recess.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not going to lie, I laughed seeing a Haiti hockey concept...then I remembered watching Cool Runnings. Islands can have hockey teams if they have bobsled teams...right?

On a serious note, I guess this is a good thing...perhaps...?

But it definitely does not increase awareness for Haiti.

The concept of "increasing awareness" is such a non existent thing. People are 100% aware of the devestation...unless they locked themselves in a closet.

Doing hockey concepts really doesn't do any justice, nor does it raise any type of awareness. Maybe if you paid like 5 bucks to have your concept posted on a highly accessible site...now that might work. But I doubt Paul Lukas wants to stop his busy day to just throw a bunch of ms paint hockey concepts out there :)

I kind of echo what Vet said.

• 1 month later...

Soccer would've made more sense anyway, especially since they actually have a World Cup appearance. Still dumb, but at least that'd be relevant.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived