Logo Design Tutorials

Davidson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants more practice and is willing to do it, I'd send a couple photos of me and my buddy who are starting an internet radio show. We'd use them on our site for our show(s) graphics.

I could take them in vector and could recolor to fit our graphics once we get them done.

If you're interested, email me at cooleyatcharterdotnet and I'll send you the photos.

201222154_0f633bbfdb_o.png

Brilliant work, awesome tutorial and excellent thread, no words to explain my thanks for you.

These tutorial will really be great for guys like me who are very new to logo making and illustration.

I'll be definitely your student.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I'm new to the board and to making logos as well. I'm fascinated by the work done in this tutorial and would love to learn how to make these logos in AI. Currently I have AI CS3.. I also have a WACOM drawing pad both of which I'm new to and very eager to become competent with. I have a little experience with Illustrator..mostly just messing around nothing much to speak of. As a beginner do you guys recommend me jumping right in to this tutorial or starting with a beginners tutorial? Do you know of any good tutorials using these methods here for a beginner? Lastly do most of you recommend using a drawing pad or mouse? Thanks for taking the time to help a green horn.

Well here is my first crack at it...I strayed away from Davidsons tutorial because I still don't have a grasp on the facial guide lines that are used. I traced it from a template. I'm pleased with the result as it was my 1st attempt. Now I need to figure out how to turn it into a logo.

Santonio-Holmes1.png

Template I used...

Santonio-Holmes-1.jpg

• 5 months later...

Not being a nag at all, but you originally mentioned making a wordmark tutorial. I was just wondering if you still planned on posting it, as I could really use it about now. If not, it's totally cool I still have a decent idea on how to make good wordmarks.

TDZiMMB.png

• 1 month later...

Davidson, I would really appreciate a feedback on this. I think face could get a facelift, and maybe even some other skin details.

drazen-1.jpg

something that i think might help would be making sure the piece works in black and white before you add colour. there are area on the ball and the left leg that look awkward right now.

looking good tho.

Archived