ESPN Court TV

NJTank

Did you watch the trial of the Yankees?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am proud to say did not watch 1 nanosecond of this garabge. What is ESPN becoming? It was a total joke they showed this mock trial while they could have been showing something real like NHL playoff hockey. I dont care how you feel about the Yankees this was a total joke. This is a sports network and with playoff games going on they should have been showing playoff hockey.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

you got that right. There are too many better things to watch then more hype about the Yanks. That's what all of that is HYPE. I watched the 5 o'clock (CDT) Sportscenter yesterday, and the first 20 mins was like non-stop A-Rod/Yanks, GAG! I know this sounds strange ESPN, but some people don't give s :censored: about the F-ing Yankees. There are more important stories to report other than A-Rod and Bronx Bombers.

you got that right. There are too many better things to watch then more hype about the Yanks. That's what all of that is HYPE. I watched the 5 o'clock (CDT) Sportscenter yesterday, and the first 20 mins was like non-stop A-Rod/Yanks, GAG! I know this sounds strange ESPN, but some people don't give s :censored: about the F-ing Yankees. There are more important stories to report other than A-Rod and Bronx Bombers.

AMEN!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Well, being based in the Northeast... ESPN has this crazy idea that EVERYONE cares about the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry... or the Yankees in general. But that's not only true to a point. To me, they make it seem like the entire nation is divided between Red Sox fans and Yankees fans. I didn't watch it at all. It's a good network, but they piss me off some times. I'd much rather watch some playoff hockey.

IUe6Hvh.png

there has GOT to be some reason they didnt show the hockey playoffs. Was it a game they didnt have rights to, or something? Something, please?

Come on, ESPN, please tell me you didn't pick this OVER playoff hockey.

I hate the Yankees as much as everyone else who doesn't live in NY, but geesh.

Real, actual sports, in the PLAYOFFS no less, is far more important that proving that the Yankees are ruining baseball. We all know that! The rest of the folks (cough-liveinnewyork-cough) wouldn't be convinced if the MLB shut down in front of their eyes, so why bother?

I have no idea how some people get their jobs.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Those bastards!

Heh, I have no idea what you're talking about.

i think you mean that you don't know about the mock trial... if not... pardon but i shall explain it anyway.

*This is what i got from the commercial and the discussion about it on Around the Horn*

ESPN did a mock trial... hiring lawyers and using a jury to discuss whether or not the Yankees were ruining baseball. One lawyer defended the Yankees and the other was the prosecutor and it was run like a real trial, from what i understand. It was as pointless a thing as I've ever imagined could ever be on television and upon hearing about it, I had the sudden urge to murder somebody.

Now, while I think the Yankees are ruining baseball... the facts don't lie that their buying every player they want has helped them much in the last 3 years... and this is how the Yankees were ruined during the '80s. From what I've heard, they're going down the same exact path as they did in the '80s but that's just what i've heard cuz' I was too young to know what was going on or wasn't born yet.

Also, the Yankees are forced to give other teams money. So as much as they spend... they DO have to give other teams money to spend. And unfortunately, most owners just pocket the money. So they're ruining baseball just as much. The Yankees are starting to dwindle out their farm system so they may be screwed eventually.

IUe6Hvh.png

Please. Like ESPN gives half a crap about hockey. That's why, unless there's some super team playing that might draw a fraction of a higher rating than normal, they slap any game they show on ESPN2 so they can show Playmakers or some garbage. All they care about these days is putting on a bunch of garbage reality shows and soap operas and movies that suck. They have absolutely "jumped the shark," as they say.

That wasn't the first mock trial they've done, either. They did one a few years ago about something, but I don't remember what. And here's the thing: is this mock trial going to change anything? NO. So, what is the point? You could do the same thing in a 5-10 minute vignette on SportsCenter. You don't need to preempt PLAYOFF HOCKEY to show this garbage.

Please. Like ESPN gives half a crap about hockey. That's why, unless there's some super team playing that might draw a fraction of a higher rating than normal, they slap any game they show on ESPN2 so they can show Playmakers or some garbage. All they care about these days is putting on a bunch of garbage reality shows and soap operas and movies that suck. They have absolutely "jumped the shark," as they say.

That wasn't the first mock trial they've done, either. They did one a few years ago about something, but I don't remember what. And here's the thing: is this mock trial going to change anything? NO. So, what is the point? You could do the same thing in a 5-10 minute vignette on SportsCenter. You don't need to preempt PLAYOFF HOCKEY to show this garbage.

Nitro,

They did a Pete Rose trial with Jonny Cochran a while back.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

The Pete Rose trial made a little bit of sense. This Yankee crap didn't.

The Pete Rose trial also wasn't on in the middle of the Stanley Cup playoffs. I agree, ESPN has "jumped the shark." They are more about the "E" than the "S" nowadays...

The Pete Rose trial made a little bit of sense. This Yankee crap didn't.

The Pete Rose trial also wasn't on in the middle of the Stanley Cup playoffs. I agree, ESPN has "jumped the shark." They are more about the "E" than the "S" nowadays...

I don't think it was E, I think it was a S. Although, the S didn't stand for sports, it stood for Stupid.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

ESPN is becoming MTV. MTV got its start by playing music videos (remember those?) - relatively cheap because someone else produced them, paid the talent, etc. They made a ton of money, spun the videos off onto independent channels that are cheap to operate and now use the original network as their "marquee" channel to show all of their own productions and charge top dollar for advertisng there. ESPN is starting to do the same thing. The sporting events they cover are relatively cheap to produce, so eventually they spin more of those off onto their junior channel (ESPN2) and clear more space to broadcast their homemade, non sporting-event programming for which they can charge marquee channel ad rates and then syndicate the programs and/or send them to DVD when they've completed their run. As long as they put the sports somewhere they are still catering to sports fans, but at the same time they are also attempting to draw in other types of audiences. With MTV it worked. I'm not so sure it will work as well with ESPN.

Archived