Texas sporting new uni's tonight vs Kansas

mmejia

Not an all-new look for the Horns, just a sublinated patter ala Duke and a few others. The large part of the image is the UT Tower on campus. The game is on ESPN tonight.

newtexasuniforms2.jpg

Wha.... Chris Mihm?? :blink:

6uXNWAo.png

They actually are not dots, they are holes in the shorts which show the color of the spandex underneath (I had front row seats to the game). Clearly to make them lighter, more breathable.

Is this a really a problem in college basketball? Are shorts really too tight...do they need to be more breathable? And if the players want things to be more breathable, then why are they wearing spandex?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They actually are not dots, they are holes in the shorts which show the color of the spandex underneath (I had front row seats to the game). Clearly to make them lighter, more breathable.

Is this a really a problem in college basketball? Are shorts really too tight...do they need to be more breathable? And if the players want things to be more breathable, then why are they wearing spandex?

The players wear spandex/compression shorts because there are thigh pads and a tailbone pad built into it, amongst other reasons. I was only speculating as to why the holes were there. I'm sure there is an actual functional reason to go along with the fashion.

Yeah, but I don't know if we knew everything about these were new did we? For instance, Duke simply put that pattern on essentially the same jersey they already had.

I had just assumed that's what State was doing, too. Instead, it appears they're wearing a similar template to what Texas was in. Sparty's stripes seem a bit thicker, though.

I'd have to see these new uni's. They did get SOD uniforms when they went to the championship game. And this year they have new SOD jerseys with the pattern on the back. I find it doubtful they are getting ANOTHER new uniform when they haven't even worn these ones a whole season

I'd have to see these new uni's. They did get SOD uniforms when they went to the championship game. And this year they have new SOD jerseys with the pattern on the back. I find it doubtful they are getting ANOTHER new uniform when they haven't even worn these ones a whole season

Gallery of last night's game here: http://www.msuspartans.com/view.gal?id=63171

Archived