A Novel Concept: Saints Super Bowl Ring

Mac the Knife

This isn't a competition, but an idea I had... many of you are great in designing logos, displaying them in ancillary formats (shirts, hats, whatever), but I'm wondering who out there would be challenged by something that's never been done here on the CCSLC before: doing a concept of the New Orleans Saints championship ring for their victory in Super Bowl XLIV.

I think it'd be neat to see what you guys come up with, and as always this thread could be used to make comments/critiques on the designs. Anyone up for the challenge?

nav-logo.png

I definitely like the shanks (sides). The top is too round though to be practical. I'd suggest the rectangular look that most of the past recent SB rings have used for the face (top).

This is what I was thinking. I LOVE the design, but the circle does not work. The sides are nice, but I am not sure first and last name works. That could be too many letters for some players.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

When I designed the top, I was trying to get away from the cookie-cutter square design. It seems like nearly every ring I looked at had the exact same shape. But it would not be so difficult to change it. So I will and see what you guys think.

As far as the name on the side, that was another little innovation I had. I realize it wouldn't be realistic for everyone's full name to be on the side. I just thought I would give it a try.

Thanks for the positive response. I will do some tweaking now.

It would be cool if they could some how incorporate teh Lombardi Trophy into the center of a fleur de lis.

You know that some how "who dat" will appear on the ring.

-Dan

I know that on the real ring, it most likely will be there. But I refuse to put that on my version. It's funny you bring that up because when I was working on side two of the ring, I faced a small problem because I didn't know what I wanted to put on that side. The name and number can only take up so much space. The obvious choice for most would have been "Who Dat" But I'm happy with the choice I made. ;)

It would be cool if they could some how incorporate teh Lombardi Trophy into the center of a fleur de lis.

You know that some how "who dat" will appear on the ring.

-Dan

I know that on the real ring, it most likely will be there. But I refuse to put that on my version. It's funny you bring that up because when I was working on side two of the ring, I faced a small problem because I didn't know what I wanted to put on that side. The name and number can only take up so much space. The obvious choice for most would have been "Who Dat" But I'm happy with the choice I made. ;)

I like your design. Perhaps an idea for the top shape would be a crescent? N.O. is the "Crescent City" (see NOPD logo below) and while a crescent is in essence an incomplete circle, seems to me it would allow some flexibility you don't get with a circular design (obviously with the star replaced by other elements, perhaps the Lombardi and/or an FDL). The face of the crescent is where the 'World Champions' could go too. Just a thought.

250px-NOPD.jpg

When Bucco and I did our concept collaboration, we used a little crescent where the star is in the 'state' logo. That might be an idea too.

If 'Who Dat' is on the ring, it should be as part of the phrase 'Who Dat Nation'. It would be very cool to have a tribute to the fans on the ring.

For those who don't think some players' full names will fit, they can do it, they just use very narrow letters that resemble those at the bottom of movie posters.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived