Boston Red Sox v1.5

The Red Sox replace navy blue with green across the board. I also added a couple throwback looks, one from the 1975 pennant-winning team and the other a slightly modified version from their 1986 squad.

0Bn7dJR.png

zYvVGbu.png

NBF3eT1.png

• Like 5

On 4/28/2023 at 6:42 PM, johne9109 said:

YES! the Sox need to actually do this. I'd also be interested in seeing what it'd look like with a shade of green closer to the monster

Awesome idea! IDK though, it looks a little washed out to me... maybe someone who is good with Photoshop could replicate the actual pattern from the Monster and it would look better. Thoughts?

k2N8J8S.png

• Like 2

Chicago Cubs

As someone who was born & raised in Wisconsin, it's my duty to preface this post with an obligatory "F*** THE CUBS." (Just kidding. Sort of). 

All jokes aside - as a fan of the game and someone who appreciates the aeshetics of the game,  I gotta tip my cap. The Cubs have always had great uniforms. Their current set, especially, is really good. So with that being said, the home and road uniforms stay as is. The blue alternates are also pretty great, though I was a bit disappointed they dropped the National League logo from the right sleeve. It was totally unnecessary and random, but it somehow worked. So I added it back.

Second alternate uniform is a brand new creation, a cream jersey in the style of the Cubbies 90's road uniforms. I know some people hated these, thought the cursive "Cubs" looked too much like "Cuba", etc etc. Whatever. I like 'em, they're an interesting departure from the standard look. This set includes red numbers, a red-brimmed cap, and a cap logo based on their City Connect uniforms.

The cream pants from the alternate uniform are also used for their home throwback jerseys, which is a slight variation I made based on their Field of Dreams Game uniforms. The other throwback uniform is a baby blue jersey with white pinstripes, which mirrors their 80's road uniforms.

Thanks to everyone who's given this series a look so far, and thanks especially to the everyone who's given feedback. I really appreciate it. The ChiSox will be up next!

0Xo3rB6.png

CX4RD8T.png

Xphc6ah.png

• Like 7

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Chicago Cubs: 5/30)
6 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Really interesting idea. IDK, it looks a little washed out to me... maybe someone who is good with Photoshop could replicate the actual pattern from the Monster and it would look better. Thoughts?

k2N8J8S.png

The darker green works better. THanks for indulging

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

The Cubs turned out nicely! I really like that off-white alt; I've never seen the Cubs "Cuba" script used on a cream-colored design before, but it looks surprisingly great.

In real life I'd prefer to see the Cubs' blue alt tweaked to better resemble their '80s road jerseys; I've been working on an upcoming series where I do just that. But this is your project so do whatever you feel is best!

• Like 2

Chicago White Sox

The ChiSox have a pretty sleak (if not a bit boring) look.  Unquestionably, the stylized "Sox" logo along with the classic colors and pinstripes is their best uniform combination. So no changes on that front. However, I wondered if an update in some other areas might really set these apart, so they don't just look like a Sam's Club version of the Yankees?

With that goal in mind, I took some design cues from last season's excellent City Connect jerseys and used a Gothic number font for all the uniforms. I also re-incorporated the old secondary diamond logo as a sleeve patch on the jerseys. Road grey pants  go back to using a two-stripe pattern to match the road gray jerseys. Black alternate jersey no longer uses a double-outline stroke on the names and numbers, as I think it looks cleaner with just a single outline. Finally, I created an alternate white jersey with a cursive "White Sox" logo in the same style as the road uniforms. 

There are two throwback uniforms.  First one is a variation of the 80's throwback look, this time in a road uniform configuration. 2nd throwback jersey is a variation of their incredible Field of Dreams Game jerseys, which are the style that the famous 1919 "Black Sox" wore. If you build it, he will freaking come, bruh.

7HFrhgg.png

oBogKYB.pngvOFrBrb.png

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Chicago White Sox: 6/30)
On 4/28/2023 at 1:45 PM, coco1997 said:

I like it! You chose the perfect shade of green to pair with the red. 

Thanks, these turned out nicer than I thought they would. And I appreciate your suggestion, green was indeed a good idea!

On 4/29/2023 at 1:10 PM, mahnkej said:

Chicago Cubs

Cubs fan reporting for duty...🫡

But seriously, you did a great job with this concept. I feel like I am in the minority that actually likes the "Cuba" jersey, and I'm glad you were able to adapt that into a new alternate. The City Connect style hat is a great fit for it too (speaking as a flag nerd). I don't know why, but the cream fits the Cubs pretty well.

Also, now that you said it, I realize how right you are - the NL logo on the sleeve did somehow work.

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see what you have next.

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png

The home, road and home alt for the Pale Hose look great apart from the numbers, which look really ugly, the block font used for the 80's throwback would work better.

White Sox script uniform is nice apart from the aformentioned number and a cap with the mismatched bill and button,  the 1919 throwback is great except for the Reds number style on the back.

Cincinnati Reds

For this version, the Reds retain their current number font but go back to more of a traditional color pattern. No more black drop shadowing on the home & road uniforms, while the red alternate uniforms get a more subtle shadow pattern that mirrors their primary logo. A white uniform with a cursive "Reds" script and stipes in the style of of their 1990 uniforms is added as a second alternate. 

Thowback option is based on their 1956 uniforms, but with headspoon stripes added and their super old-school "C" logo on the hats.

ixJGuiC.png

r8PJVe4.png

zI1GI7A.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Cincinnati Reds: 7/30)

Cleveland Guardians

Although the Guardians are MLB's youngest current brand, the franchise themselves is one of MLB's oldest. As such, I think it's a good idea to stick with a traditional design for this team (which for the most part, they have). Some of the tweaks I made to these include:

• Added player numbers to the front of the jerseys
  • Added red outlines to the sleeves stripes
  • Using a classic striping style on the socks
  • Changed up the navy alternate jersey to include white headspoon stripes

Additionally, I included two "faux back" alternate uniforms, as the Guardians themselves aren't really old enough to have a throwback but the Indians certainly are. First one is in the style of Cleveland's excellent 1980's Home uniforms, with tri-color shoulder stripes and navy blue numbers. The nostalgia is strong with this set. Second set is in the style of the 1950's Cleveland home uniforms, with a cream base and red hats with a traditional block "C" logo.

kBjy0PO.png

1CG7kFx.png

KQuyG4F.png

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Cleveland Guardians: 8/30)

Nice work on both Cleveland teams! I really like the subtle silver trim on the Reds. 

For the Guardians, I might go with the block "C" on the navy jersey as opposed to the winged baseball logo. As much as I like the winged ball logo, it might be a little too busy-looking for the front of a jersey. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work on both Cleveland teams! I really like the subtle silver trim on the Reds. 

For the Guardians, I might go with the block "C" on the navy jersey as opposed to the winged baseball logo. As much as I like the winged ball logo, it might be a little too busy-looking for the front of a jersey. 

That makes sense. I made a couple other versions of the blue jersey, couldn't really decide which one I liked better. Here's those others:

gD9eUFP.png

Those top two reds uniforms are absolutely fantastic. The red one would be a nice alt with that set. Not sure three white unis are needed but I'm old and boring.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Colorado Rockies

I'm probably in the minority in saying this, but I actually don't hate the Colorado Rockies uniforms. They have a unique color scheme and a good primary logo; if anything, they're just overly conservative with their designs. My changes are summarized below:

• I took the font style from their wordmarks, and used this style for the numbers as well
  • Dropped the full primary logo from the sleeves, and used their simplified mountain logo in its place
  • Added a second white uniform, with a simpler design mirroring the road uniform and more prominent use of purple
  • Batting helmets use a two-tone design, with a blend of indigo purple and black
  • I updated the shade of the road grey uniforms to have a slight green-ish tint
  • Purple alternate jersey gets stripes on the sleeves/headspoon, to match the style of the road uniforms. This jersey is also paired with purple hat & socks
  • Added a new alternate jersey, using the same dark green color as their beautiful City Connect jerseys
  • The beloved black vest uniforms make a comeback

0Fou6U1.png

RZdF8Og.png

ybJi91D.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Colorado Rockies: 9/30)

Really nice Rockies concept! Styling the numbers like the wordmarks is a great idea and I'm surprised I never thought of doing that myself!

I like the addition of green to the team's colorway, but personally, I would drop black altogether. You're trying to balance three muted colors as well as use silver as an accent. Losing black would help simplify things for the better.

Also, small nitpick: on the purple alt, the inserts on the wordmarks are silver, but on the numbers they're purple. 

• Like 1