I think going back to Anaheim is the right choice for the Halos, but I wouldn't want them to drop the trim on their shirts entirely, as it looks pretty good on the home and road, and just needs the silver dropped on the alternate. That said, it looks pretty nice without the trim here. The white outlines on the road could be dropped for an even cleaner look

The alternate red is a big improvement over what they have in real life, the cream looks good, though it really needs a matching batting helmet like the current City Connect has. The cream wordmark, name and numbers are all really nice.

10 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Los Angeles (Anaheim) Angels

Underrated set IMO, there's basically just two issues I see with them. 1) Too much red, and 2) Not enough variety. Every set (other than their excellent City Connect jerseys) use the exact same pattern. I also like the idea of them rebranding as the "Anaheim Angels", as realistically the Dodgers rule LA, and Anaheim is a pretty decent sized city in its own right. It's also over 25 miles away, which is borderline not even a suburb of LA. But I digress...

For my set, the home uniforms stay mostly as is. Jersey and pants stripes are dropped, as I love the look of these in clean white. Road uniforms use an "Anaheim" wordmark instead of "Angels", and all numbers and names are outlined in white to create some contrast against the grey background. Red alternate jerseys use a bright sand colored script, which is also utilized in the pants + hats. Finally, a second alternate navy blue alternate uniform is introduced.  80's and 90's throwback jerseys from their time as the California Angels round out this set.

RAnss82.png

UxLWPq5.png

UPHsIbq.png

The  numbers on the 70s alt are wrong, they should be McAuliffe

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Baltimore Orioles v2)

Los Angeles Dodgers

As much as I dislike what the franchise itself has become (West Coast version of the Yankees, a soulless behemoth of overpriced players who buy their way to success every year) I can't lie: the Dodgers have arguably the best uniforms in the game. Their home white uniforms, especially, are my absolute favorites. Clean, iconic, flawless. So nothing changes on that front.

Road uniforms are reduced to just the version with the cursive "Los Angeles" wordmark, as their alternate ones are indeed a bit pointless. Dodger Blue alternate uniform - which is currently just a BP/Spring Training uniform - becomes an official third look. These jerseys are also paired with new white-brimmed hat.

As far as the rest of the set goes, I chose to go with 3 throwback uniforms. First alternate is a road uniform from their iconic 1988 World Series-winning team. With the white outlining, blank sleeves, and stirrup socks, I feel this presents enough contrast from their standard road uniforms to justify their place in the rotation. The other two throwbacks are their home and road uniforms from their days in Brooklyn, complete with the famous stylized "B" hats.

UrEGqvn.png

0J2MsR6.png

wjy0fcr.png

• Like 5

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Los Angeles Dodgers: 14/30)
On 5/21/2023 at 11:10 AM, MJD7 said:

I’ve been meaning to catch up on this series, but everything looks great! Some highlights for me so far are the Cubs cream alt, the White Sox white alt, and the Guardians’ throwbacks. The updates for the Red Sox & Rockies to each fully embrace green were both improvements.

Just a couple of nitpicks, I think the Reds’ red alt could afford to drop black entirely like the rest of their set. I also think the Rockies’ green alt should be paired with white pants, since the cap has a white front panel, and the helmet should match the cap.

I also would be interested in seeing a full Astros set inspired by the navy “City Connect” alt. Overall, I would encourage you to be willing to take more creative risks like that, as when you have so far, they’ve worked out nicely! I’m looking forward to seeing the remaining 2/3 of the league!

Thanks man, much appreciated! Great ideas as well, you were dead on about the Astros.

On 5/31/2023 at 12:07 PM, Elmos World 17 said:

The  numbers on the 70s alt are wrong, they should be McAuliffe

I used the BoSox font for these, it's the closest thing I could find. Honestly I don't think it looks that far off. But good looking out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Miami Marlins

For my iteration,  I went back to their classic color scheme while also adding some new elements. Primary home jersey is teal-heavy with some black accents, while the road uniform is the opposite. Hat logo is their current primary logo re-colored, while the chest logo uses the classic-style script. Number font is modified to something that matches this style.

Additonally, all uniforms now use a subdued sun "halo" logo around the front jersey numbers, which is an idea I got from the old Florida Marlins alternate logo.  This, along with the sleeve logos, helps to add a touch of color to fit the South Florida vibe of a Miami-based team. Lastly, a road throwback uniform is brought back into the mix to compliment their excellent home pinstripe throwback jerseys.

tNTwFpu.png

7ygne8z.png

OQFYYKm.png

• Like 3

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Miami Marlins: 15/30)

Milwaukee Brewers

The Brewers absolutely nailed their last rebrand IMO, so I didn't make any Earth-shattering changes here.  Mostly just tweaks to improve on the already solid base. For my version,  I also substituted the primary ball & glove logo in place of the newer baseball logo on the pinstripe jerseys, just like on their old Sunday home uniforms. The other uniforms all use the  gold brick Wisconsin logo on the sleeves instead.

Furthermore, the navy blue alternate uniforms are  changed to include double gold piping on the sleeves + headspoon. The cream home uniform is tweaked to have the same style sleeve stripes as the road uniform. Currently they are thicker and positioned slightly differently, which is a small but subtle difference that absolutely drives me nuts. Gotta keep things symmetrical,  goddamnit! 🤪

In addition to the four primary uniforms, I included two throwback options. First set is the underrated 90's-style home uniforms, with the number font tweaked to be a more standard block font, as I hated the actual number font. Second set is an 80's-style powder blue uniform, as a nod to their (almost) World Series-winning 1982 squad. Although their current shade of navy blue works just fine - you can't NOT include that classic shade of blue somewhere.

H5Y6dJY.png

TuWdkXG.png5futm6s.png

• Like 4

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Milwaukee Brewers: 16/30)

Been meaning to catch up on this series!

Royals, Orioles & Dodgers - All three look great, no complaints.

Angels - I'd like to see front numbers added to the navy alt for cohesion with the rest of the set, and maybe simplify the wordmark & numbers on the red alt with just a single navy outline. 

Marlins - I love the sun rays around the front numbers! Very clever. I also like the idea of the numbers style matching the wordmarks (like you did with the Rockies) but I think they could use a little tweaking. The serifs don't quite match the serifs of the wordmarks. 

Brewers - Personally, I'd ditch the road grays and make the powder blue set their primary road look. Not sure why Milwaukee didn't just do this when they redesigned a few years ago. 

Keep up the nice work! 

• Like 2

Minnesota Twins

Like the Brew Crew, the Twins did a great job with their last rebrand.  Nice update to the look, while also paying homage to the original brand. I really like the direction they took, as well as several of the new design elements they introduced: tri-color batting helmetssubdued pinstripes on the road uniforms, and the new sleeve logo all look great.

Some of the changes I made are as follows:

• Added subdued pinstripes to the home white jerseys, to match the vibe of the road jerseys. I also dropped the tri-color stripes from the sleeves, as I think they look better just plain
  • Added a tri-color hat to match the home batting helmets
  • Red top button is added back to the hats
  • Added a new sleeve logo, which is just a re-colored version of their corporate roundel logo I created
  • "Twin Cities" alternate home uniform is changed to be white instead of cream based. I also used tri-color stripes and red numbers

Additionally, I brought back a modern iteration of their red alternate uniforms, which was a very underrated look IMO. Throwback uniform is a powder blue set with the old school "Twins" wordmark and classic block numbers. 

nm9daww.png

lX8Rhyg.png

rPdniSS.png

• Like 4

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Minnesota Twins: 17/30)

I love this look for the Twins!! I love the new look anyways, but this is a better!! 

The subtle pinstripes at home is exactly what they need! The numbers do look a little big on the back of the jerseys however. I’d also try and find a way to include the new Minnesota logo, as well as the M and StP logos, or maybe even Minnie and Paul. But this is an upgrade on an already fantastic set! 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 6/21/2023 at 11:56 AM, chcarlson23 said:

I love this look for the Twins!! I love the new look anyways, but this is a better!! 

The subtle pinstripes at home is exactly what they need! The numbers do look a little big on the back of the jerseys however. I’d also try and find a way to include the new Minnesota logo, as well as the M and StP logos, or maybe even Minnie and Paul. But this is an upgrade on an already fantastic set! 

Thanks, much appreciated!

I actually looked around online for the new Minnesota + M/StP logos but couldn't find graphics of them anywhere. IDK, maybe they're hiding them behind a paywall somewhere? I did my best to recreate the state of Minnesota one for the home and road uniforms, because I do like them as well. 

But regardless, thanks for the support!

• Like 1

The road and the home alternate for the Twins look great and are the two best sets. Part of the reason is that both of them have matching caps and helmets, and I don't understand why the helmets and caps are mismatched on the other sets, when making them match would improve them. The powder blue alternate is screaming for a matching navy batting helmet, and the road alt would look nicer if the helmet had a red bill.

Miami (Florida) Marlins v2

Pretty simple premise - in this version, the Marlins go back to their throwback uniform(s) full time. I did make a few updates to the design, but for the most part these are late 90's/early 2000's in all their glory.

7fbuQe5.png

dnojZF4.png

• Love 2

New York Yankees

Truth be told, this is really more of an "academic exercise" than anything. We all know damn well the Yankees aren't gonna change their uniforms.  And honestly, there's no need to. The Yankee pinstripes are possibly the most iconic uniforms in all of sports, something synonymous with winning. Simply put, there's no need to mess with perfection. 

With that being said, Home and Road looks stay  as is. Alternate uniform is basically just a modified version of their Home BP uniforms, with a white brimmed cap. Throwback uniform is a new look I created, with a cream base and a hat logo is also  tweaked to be the older style NY logo (as opposed to the current one). 

WIpIkWi.png

RfXWGNn.png

• Like 2

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (New York Yankees: 18/30)

New York Mets

Switching over to the other half of New York, I found that my problem with the Mets was actually the opposite of my problem with the Yankees: rather than trying to come up with additional designs, I had trouble limiting myself to just 6. Everything the Mets have done in recent times - eliminating the drop shadowing, bringing back black home uniforms on Fridays - has been fantastic. Their home and road uniforms, in particular, are just about perfect. So nothing changes on that front.

The new uniforms that I made for this  include an orange alternate jersey, in the same style as their old "Los Mets" jerseys. I also revived their 1986 road throwback jerseys, with the racing stripes on the pants and jerseys. 

1bTmHQD.png

dcBu93C.png

fKAy1nH.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (New York Mets: 19/30)

That is a LOT of Mets jerseys! 😅 Personally, I'd look for multiple jerseys that are similar and try consolidating them into one design. For instance, I don't think you need two blue alts (I always thought the road alt with gray wordmark was butt ugly) and I think you could combine the two throwbacks into one; plain white with racing stripes could be a sharp look, or you could be really bold and make the racing striped set the home primary. Perhaps you could put the "NY" monogram on one of the jerseys (the black alt?) rather than just using the "Mets" script and "New York" wordmark everywhere. 

I will say, I love that you added an orange alternate. It's so weird to me that the Mets haven't added that look to their rotation in real life. 

• Like 2

Oakland/Las Vegas Athletics

For this set, I'm gonna assume the A's do indeed move to Las Vegas after their current stadium lease is up. However, regardless of if they leave Oakland or not - I really hope they don't mess around with their uniforms. Oakland has some of the best sets in the game (and that's not just my opinion). They absolutely shouldn't move away from the green and gold color scheme, or the classic "A" hat. Personally, I'd just like to see them just replace "Oakland" with "Las Vegas" where applicable and call it a day. 

With that said, my set stays pretty true to this idea. Home, Road, Gold + Green Alternate uniforms stay basically as is. I added some yellow trim to the sleeve logo, as well as a subdued 8-point Las Vegas star on the pants. Gold jerseys get white numbers. Kelly green alternate/faux-back uniforms are tweaked to include a cursive "Las Vegas" script in place of "Oakland". And finally, the throwback uniform is an old-school home set from the powerhouse 1970's era. 

nDALo49.png

5rd0lHu.png

AmxRRQ8.png

• Like 3