The home uniform looks great, the purple and silver work well together and is the nicest out of all of the jerseys.

The second alternate isn't easy on the eye, the black, silver and purple don't work all that well with the green and the purple to black batting helmet does not go with the rest of the uniform, I'd just have a solid green helmet.

On 5/12/2023 at 8:03 AM, coco1997 said:

Really nice Rockies concept! Styling the numbers like the wordmarks is a great idea and I'm surprised I never thought of doing that myself!

I like the addition of green to the team's colorway, but personally, I would drop black altogether. You're trying to balance three muted colors as well as use silver as an accent. Losing black would help simplify things for the better.

Also, small nitpick: on the purple alt, the inserts on the wordmarks are silver, but on the numbers they're purple. 

Thanks, I appreciate it!  And nice catch, I totally missed that mixup on the purple jersey.

Honestly, I never considered dropping black from the Rockies completely. But looking at it again, it actually works completely fine without. Here's an updated version where purple become the primary color:

3m0ThBV.png

9GWPsTB.png

NDMOYbl.png

• Like 5

19 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Thanks, I appreciate it!  And nice catch, I totally missed that mixup on the purple jersey.

Honestly, I never considered dropping black from the Rockies completely. But looking at it again, it actually completely works without black. Here's an updated version where purple become the primary color:

nGQmtg7.png

zks4Hyx.png

This is a definite improvement but I think you could still take it a little further. Try working some green into the home, road and home alt. The solution to the home alt is easy--just make the numbers green with silver inserts, basically a reverse of the road alt. 

Detroit Tigers

Quite possibly my favorite primary uniform in the game, this one was a breeze.  Home and Road uniforms stay as is, with a few minor changes. I dropped the white outlining from the road uniform, leaving a cleaner navy blue & orange number style. Home uniforms go back to using the classic style Old English "D" that the Tigers have used historically. Normally I'm OCD about symmetry, but this is one where I actually enjoy the juxtaposition between the two different logo styles.

Navy blue alternate jersey uses the newer style "D" instead. I also added a white alternate jersey which utilizes a cursive "Tigers" wordmark in the same style as the road uniforms. Throwback uniforms pay homage to the 1968 and 1984 World Series-winning teams.

svh1ebn.png

gSB3gHp.png

By7G8px.png

• Like 6

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Detroit Tigers: 10/30)

The home and road look great, the return to the classic D on the Jersey for the home and getting rid of the white outline on the road script are both very welcome.  The tunnel belt loops look good, though I wouldn't have minded the traditional number of loops for the uniforms.

The navy blue alternate feels a bit superfluous, though it is nice. Love the classic road grey and 84 blue alt, and the stirrups and sanitary socks would look great with the home uniform.

Houston Astros

Houston has a perfectly respectable look, they did well by switching from their 2000's red & black uniforms  to their current set back in 2012. The colors and old-school number font really fit their brand well IMO. If I have one nitpick, it's that their current set seems just a bit generic. I changed these up to include a 5-point star on the front of the jerseys, in place of the player numbers, reminiscent of their uniforms from the 1980's. I also used a bit more orange throughout, which includes bringing back orange hats & socks which can be mixed and matched with any set.

RRainbow throwback jerseys  (which might be the most ridiculous, and also the most fun baseball uniforms, ever created) are reintroduced. Second alternate uniform includes a navy blue base, with NASA-inspired font and hats inspired by their excellent City Connect uniforms.

vNwNGze.png

6xazruI.png

EuAhOYi.png

• Like 1

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Houston Astros: 11/30)

I’ve been meaning to catch up on this series, but everything looks great! Some highlights for me so far are the Cubs cream alt, the White Sox white alt, and the Guardians’ throwbacks. The updates for the Red Sox & Rockies to each fully embrace green were both improvements.

Just a couple of nitpicks, I think the Reds’ red alt could afford to drop black entirely like the rest of their set. I also think the Rockies’ green alt should be paired with white pants, since the cap has a white front panel, and the helmet should match the cap.

I also would be interested in seeing a full Astros set inspired by the navy “City Connect” alt. Overall, I would encourage you to be willing to take more creative risks like that, as when you have so far, they’ve worked out nicely! I’m looking forward to seeing the remaining 2/3 of the league!

• Like 3

For the Astros set, I think an orange billed batting helmet for the road, and using a navy cap with orange bill for the home alt (with matching helmet and navy socks) would be improvements to a pretty good set. 

Fully on board with bringing back the Tequila Sunrise as an alt, but the wordmark and start of the sunrise look too low down, with the star looking like it would be barely above the belt if the shirt was tucked in. Moving them up so the horizontal centre of the A on the Astros wordmark is inline with the armpits would fix that.

Houston Astros v2

A full set inspired by their City Connect uniforms - NASA font, gradient stripes, and the alternate logo used full time. Moreover, the orange alternate uses the rainbow gradient pattern throughout the whole jersey.

Am1XbFc.png

VzTa7qj.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Kansas City Royals

Not counting their early-2000's experiement with black hats, black vests, and drop shadow numbers - KC has always had pretty good uniforms. If I have one complaint, it's that at times they've looked a bit too much like a dollar store version of the Dodgers. I tried to remedy that here.

Sleeve logos (which feature the gold crown) are enlarged a bit on all sets. Home, road, and royal blue alternate jerseys get headspoon stripes, while the powder blue alternate uniforms get a matching powder blue hat. Road grey uniforms go back to using a cursive font, while the road blue uniforms use the more traditional block number style. Finally, a Kansas City Monarchs throwback jersey -  in honor of the legendary KC teams from the Negro Leagues -  is brought back into the mix.

XbelQWt.png

GCTgJ2b.png

t4CzuYj.png

• Like 4

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Kansas City Royals: 12/30)
3 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Kansas City Royals

Not counting their early-2000's experiement with black hats, black vests, and drop shadow numbers - KC has always had pretty good uniforms. If I have one complaint, it's that at times they've looked a bit too much like a dollar store version of the Dodgers. I stuck with a primarily royal blue and white color palette, while also emphasizing the gold tertiary color and adding some other elements, to really make these their own brand.

Sleeve logos (which feature the gold crown) are enlarged a bit on all sets. Home, road, and royal blue alternate jerseys get headspoon stripes to liven things up, while the powder blue alternate uniforms get a new hat to match the pants + jerseys. Road grey uniforms go back to using a cursive font, while the road blue uniforms use the more traditional block number style. A new blue alternate jersey featuring gold numbering and gold trim on the hats, is added. Finally, a Kansas City Monarchs throwback jersey, in honor of the legendary teams from the Negro Leagues, is brought back into the fray.

kf8T6FP.png

uhs8qmu.png

dLO0ZRY.png

Love the set, but I think I could use some revamped black alternates from the early-mid 2000's

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

4 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Maybe we could get a few uniforms based on our new City Connect uniforms (Which is what is in my profile picture)

Right on, I actually did play around with that idea when I was making these. Just didn't post any in the final product, as I kinda view City Connect as its own separate thing. I'll probably post them eventually though!

• Like 1

I like the Royals set and the Monarchs tribute uniform. I would like to see the powder blue uniform with a matching helmet and for the Royal blue home alternate, the Black alternates have matching caps and helmets, and look all the better for it.

• Like 1

Los Angeles (Anaheim) Angels

Underrated set IMO, there's basically just two issues I see with them. 1. Too much red, and 2. Not enough variety. Every Angels set (other than their excellent City Connect jerseys) uses the exact same pattern. I also like the idea of them rebranding as the "Anaheim Angels"; realistically the Dodgers rule Los Angeles, and Anaheim is a pretty decent-sized city in its own right. It's also over 25 miles away from LA.  But I digress...

For my set, the home uniforms stay mostly as is. Jersey and pant stripes are dropped, as I love this look in just plain white. Road uniform uses an "Anaheim" wordmark, and all numbers and names are outlined in white to create some contrast against the grey background. Red alternate jersey uses a bright sand color in the pants and hats, like their excellent City Connect jerseys. And finally, a second alternate navy blue uniform is introduced.  

80's and 90's throwback jerseys from their time as the California Angels round out this set.

AiPoW8Q.png

cwOZJhi.png

6hwoPOO.png

• Like 3