On 6/28/2023 at 1:14 PM, coco1997 said:

That is a LOT of Mets jerseys! 😅 Personally, I'd look for multiple jerseys that are similar and try consolidating them into one design. For instance, I don't think you need two blue alts (I always thought the road alt with gray wordmark was butt ugly) and I think you could combine the two throwbacks into one; plain white with racing stripes could be a sharp look, or you could be really bold and make the racing striped set the home primary. Perhaps you could put the "NY" monogram on one of the jerseys (the black alt?) rather than just using the "Mets" script and "New York" wordmark everywhere. 

I will say, I love that you added an orange alternate. It's so weird to me that the Mets haven't added that look to their rotation in real life. 

Thanks, and yeah, I ended up consolidating some things. Too much redundancy. I feel the same way about orange also, it looks great on the Mets BP jerseys + hats so I'd love to see them use it more in their game uniforms.

• Like 1

I agree with @Yee Yee Go 'Stros! about picking one shade of green and sticking to it. The A's have been walking the line between forest and Kelly green for a few years now and I think relocating to a new city would be the perfect opportunity for them to commit to Kelly green (or a new shade entirely) full time and firmly establish their Vegas identity. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 12:43 PM, coco1997 said:

I agree with @Yee Yee Go 'Stros! about picking one shade of green and sticking to it. The A's have been walking the line between forest and Kelly green for a few years now and I think relocating to a new city would be the perfect opportunity for them to commit to Kelly green (or a new shade entirely) full time and firmly establish their Vegas identity. 

I hear ya, there's definitely something to be said for consistency. I do like the idea of Kelly green as a designated "throwback color" in the same way the Philadelphia Eagles use it... but I get it. Kelly green looks awesome. . And they could easily just use that shade full time. I'm working on that for my next set.

20 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Oakland/Las Vegas Athletics

For this set, I'm gonna assume the A's do indeed move to Las Vegas after their current stadium lease is up. However, regardless of if they leave Oakland or not - I really hope they don't mess around with their uniforms. Oakland has some of the best sets in the game (and that's not just my opinion). They absolutely shouldn't move away from the green and gold color scheme, or the classic "A" hat. Really, I'd just like to see them replace "Oakland" with "Las Vegas" where needed and call it a day. 

With that said, my set stays pretty true to this idea. Home, Road, Gold + Green Alternate uniforms stay mostly as is. I added some yellow trim to the sleeve logo, as well as a subdued 8-point Las Vegas star on the pants. Gold jerseys get white numbers. Kelly green alternate/faux-back uniforms are tweaked to include a reverse-colorized sleeve logo, and gold socks. Finally, the throwback uniform is an old-school home uniform from the powerhouse 1970's era. This set also includes a gold batting helmet, which although I don't think is entirely accurate historically, does look entirely appropriate.

4rsigKs.png

56IZtjO.png

qFtK8uB.png

Henderson's name on a Vegas shirt is absolutely sacrilegious... 
Yet, I would like to see some sort of "LV" cap...
And of course, we would need some sort of Vegas Gold somewhere in the uniform.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Las Vegas Athletics: 20/30)

Philadelphia Phillies

The Phils have a great look, a real modern classic with clean colors + clean design cues. I guess if there's one knock on them, it's that their throwbacks are arguably still the best look. So for this set, I moved to their 80's color scheme of maroon red and powder blue full-time.

Home and road uniforms are mostly unchanged (except for the colors, of course), while I also brought back  player numbers on the sleeves. Not sure why they went away from this... probably in anticipation of leaving the space for jersey ads (SO. :censored:ING. STUPID).

Powder blue throwback/alternate is maintained as is, while I also added a secondary jersey from the 60's which provides some nice contrast with its brighter shade of red. 

oErrXDM.png

lnOhiK6.png

dndCHHo.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Philadelphia Phillies: 21/30)

Philadelphia Phillies v2

In this set, the Phils stick with their current color scheme. Home + road uniforms are basically unchanged (like in the previous set, I used player numbers on the left sleeve). Cream alternate uniform uses a liberty bell logo on the left sleeve instead, while the red alternate uniform uses this notif on the front of the jersey.  I also brought back their old blue brimmed alternate hats to use with the red alternates. Finally, a modern version of their 80's home uniforms is resurrected as a counterpart to their excellent powder blue throwbacks.

6FdjnOS.png

XCU2OdV.png

Y3jTaw6.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, mahnkej said:

Philadelphia Phillies v2

In this set, the Phils stick with their current color scheme. Home + road uniforms are basically unchanged (like in the previous set, I brought back player numbers on the left sleeve). Cream alternate uniform uses a liberty bell logo on the left sleeve instead, while the red alternate uniform uses this notif on the front of the jersey instead. I also brought back their old blue brimmed alternate hats to use with the red alternates. Finally, a modern version of their 80's home uniforms is resurrected as a counterpart to their excellent powder blue throwbacks.

i5LE5W1.png

CQP3k8X.png

x9gabYS.png

I personally prefer the second set, but with how red and blue heavy the MLB is I can understand the want to go with the first set

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

On 7/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, johne9109 said:

I personally prefer the second set, but with how red and blue heavy the MLB is I can understand the want to go with the first set

My thoughts exactly. Just trying to change things up a bit

• Like 1

Pittsburgh Pirates

The Bucs have a damn near perfect look, so no major changes here. I used the proprietary Pirates' font for the player names, and also went back to a block style "Pittsburgh" wordmark on the road jerseys. Black alternates use a solid gold script instead of a gold outline font, while their other black jerseys are dropped in favor of a yellow alternate. This yellow alternate set also incorporates black pants, which is something their City Connect set got right IMO. I also included two hat choices for this set, one of them a gold alternate, the other an 80's style hat with horizontal stripes.

As far as the rest of the set goes, the first alternate is a pinstripe vest jersey. Pittsburgh has a rich history of wearing vest uniforms (something nobody in the MLB does anymore, sadly) and the pinstripes provide a nice contrast to the standard white home jerseys. Second set is a true throwback, this one being a 70's-style jersey with tri-color stripes  and gold caps.

23te6F6.png7knpEXU.pngkBpouiv.png

• Like 5

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Pittsburgh Pirates: 22/30)

San Diego Padres

The Padres went from having one of the most boring uniforms in the game - to having some of the most exciting - in one swoop. Their rebrand to the classic brown and gold colors was absolutely a home run (no pun intended), so no major changes there. This set was mainly just tweaking to get things even better. Summary of changes are as follows:

• Road pinstripe uniform is dropped, in favor of a sand/brown alternate. I love the color, but the pinstripes don't look nearly as good on this set as they do on the home whites IMO. Sleeve + neck trim stays as is, and I also used this same style of striping on the pants (which is currently just a single fat brown stripe)
  • Camo alternate jersey is brightened up a bit, and uses the desert version of MARPAT camo
  • New home alternate uniform is introduced, this one a brown + gold version of their 2016 home uniform. I always thought this was a really underrated look, and was disappointed that is only lasted for one season
  • Alternate road jersey is a brown + gold version of their old navy alternate uniforms. Again, underrated design... just the extremely boring colors killed it. Brown + gold makes it look like a proper set.
  • Throwback jersey is a Padres 1998 navy blue alternate

vdDgcVR.png

rYYDh6c.png

8PGDvy9.png

• Like 6

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (San Diego Padres: 23/30)

I have always felt that the Padres are one of the only other teams that could pull off a look like the Pirates in the ‘70s.  Just for kicks, could you do a mock-up with a brown hat, yellow jersey, and brown pants?  I don’t know if you or anyone else would like it, but I’d love to just see what it would look like.  I think it could (possibly) work. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 7/16/2023 at 11:22 PM, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

I have always felt that the Padres are one of the only other teams that could pull off a look like the Pirates in the ‘70s.  Just for kicks, could you do a mock-up with a brown hat, yellow jersey, and brown pants?  I don’t know if you or anyone else would like it, but I’d love to just see what it would look like.  I think it could (possibly) work. 

Hey thanks for checking this out! I actually did sketch up a few gold jerseys for the Padres, I just didn't include them in the final product. Trying to keep these posts compact, etc etc.

Honestly I hadn't thought to use brown pants, but they look great when paired with the gold. Much appreciated for the idea!

e7jc5SX.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Hey thanks for checking this out! I actually did sketch up a few gold jerseys for the Padres when I was working on these, just decided not to put them in the final product. Trying to keep these posts compact, etc. Honestly I never thought to use brown pants, but they don't look bad at all. This is a crude version of came I up I came up with; much appreciated for the idea!

4yr4rqy.png

Okay, these look great!  I think the monogram SD probably fits best with the others for consistency's sake.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

spacer.png

San Francisco Giants

I really like the Giants uniforms & colors, so I kept their same general design for my set. I did tweak some stuff around, as some of my changes include:

• Used the proprietary Giants font for the player numbers to give the jerseys a more classic, old-timey feel. I also used this font for the "San Francisco" wordmark on their road jerseys like they used to do back in the 80's
  • Giants roundel logo is used as the sleeve logo for majority of uniforms; black alternate uses the Golden Gate Bridge logo instead
  • Orange alternate uniform is changed to include the classic block "Giants" wordmark, whereas the cursive Giants script is used exclusively as a throwback look. Sleeve + collar stripes are also changed to be the same style as the Home + Road jerseys
  • Black alternate uniform is tweaked to have double stripes on the headspoon + sleeves
  • In addition to the 80's throwback jersey, I created a new look that pays homage to both the New York (baseball) Giants and the fictional New York Knights from masterpiece The Natural. I included the iconic lightning bolt logo on the right sleeves as well

hczJW3F.png

Rv62krm.png

4rJudTE.png

• Like 5

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (San Francisco Giants: 24/30)

Seattle Mariners

I'm probably in the minority in saying this, but I'll go ahead and say it anyways: I really like the Mariners jerseys. Their teal alts, especially, are just sublime. Cheesy 90's font and all, I still love 'em. Maybe it's just my own dumb personal bias, growing up following players like Griffey, The Big Unit, Ichiro, etc... but I find it hard to imagine the Mariners completely rebranding at this point. So no major changes on that front.

What I did go for in this set, was consistency in design. All 4 uniforms (home, road, navy blue, teal) now use the same number style. Single headspoon stripe is also standardized throughout. Hats use the current "S" logo, only here it's re-colorized to be primarily white instead of gray. Simplified version of the baseball/compass logo is used on the sleeve, rather than the full roundell.

Throwback jerseys are in the style of the late 70's/early 80's, with royal blue, gold, and cream as the base colors. The end result is basically a hybrid between their current alternate home jerseys, and their beautiful City Connect jerseys

E24d6IH.png

4OKrVyK.png

nh4VjW2.png

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• mahnkej changed the title to MLB Concepts 2023 (Seattle Mariners: 25/30)

THANK YOU for keeping the number font consistent!!  The M's inconsistency there has bothered me for a long time.  On another note, I'd love to see the home and road hats swapped, a la the 90's.  Love the white S, it really pops better than the current gray one!!

• Like 2

spacer.png