New sierra mist label

BadSeed84

heres a pic (from another board)

4325154078_d16502d9ff_o_d.jpg

Well its certainly better than the one they were using.

But seriously how many labels has sierra mist had! it launched in 1999, i think this is the 5th label for it.

so the soda changes the label every 2 years lol

here is all of sierra mists looks

pcmist1.JPG

pcmist2.JPG

pcmist3d.jpg

pcmist09a.JPG

Certainly an upgrade over the previous one, but ANYTHING would've been an improvement.

But yea its certainly of the better labels for sierra mist (Only other one i kinda liked was the 3rd one)

I kinda liked the idea that people would be guzzling soda from a can that looks like a poster for a horror movie. The wordmark looks nice.

'Sierra Mist' still sounds like sex act that R. Kelly would film and deny in court using the world famous Little Man defense.

You had it right when you had the third one from the top.

Eh. If they wanted to look like 'Big K' or 'Sam's Choice', maybe. I didn't mind the previous one. It was actually unique and didn't look like every other can on the shelf. The new one is nice though. Better than anything they've had so far.

All cans look horrible. Just pick a design and let it become classic, like 7-Up and Sprite.

And the name... 'Sierra Mist'... Awful.

It's kind of hard to be classic when you rip off Sprite and 7-Up. I'm sure Sprite was ripped off of 7-Up, but that was in the early 1960s. Looks like Pepsi came late to this lemon-lime party.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

All cans look horrible. Just pick a design and let it become classic, like 7-Up and Sprite.

And the name... 'Sierra Mist'... Awful.

It's kind of hard to be classic when you rip off Sprite and 7-Up. I'm sure Sprite was ripped off of 7-Up, but that was in the early 1960s. Looks like Pepsi came late to this lemon-lime party.

Pepsi's been struggling to establish a lemon-lime drink for years. I remember Teem and lemon-lime Slice. There are still some fountains scattered around where you might find Teem but I think the only Slice flavor now is orange. And you can't find that around here because our Pepsi distributor has the rights to distribute Crush, so we get that instead.

I don't know why Pepsi has had so much trouble with a lemon-lime soda. Sierra Mist tastes fine to me, no better or worse than Sprite.

That sounds about accurate to me. I wish they'd bring back Josta and Mountain Dew Pitch Black. Now, that was good stuff.

biz_josta.jpgimage_mountaindewpitchblack1.jpg

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I don't know why Pepsi has had so much trouble with a lemon-lime soda. Sierra Mist tastes fine to me, no better or worse than Sprite.

Simple, they were third and maybe even fourth in some markets with said product. You can have all the taste you want, but good luck competition an established market that has Sprite and 7-Up dominating it. Anyone seen a vanilla pepsi in awhile?

Simple, they were third and maybe even fourth in some markets with said product. You can have all the taste you want, but good luck competition an established market that has Sprite and 7-Up dominating it. Anyone seen a vanilla pepsi in awhile?

I don't know why 7-Up would be dominating. Their soda has not tasted the same in years. Although, does any other soda taste like it used to anymore? Hardly.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

• 3 weeks later...

That sounds about accurate to me. I wish they'd bring back Josta and Mountain Dew Pitch Black. Now, that was good stuff.

biz_josta.jpgimage_mountaindewpitchblack1.jpg

Dude if they're gunna bring back anything please let it be Pepsi Blue!

blue-pepsi.jpg

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

Incidentally, I shot that photo of Mountain Dew Pitch Black shown above :)

Here's a look at some more can designs of the new Sierra Mist logo:

image_sierramist_2010design_can1.jpgimage_dietsierramist_2010design_can1.jpgimage_dietsierramistrubysplash_2010design_can1.jpg

These replace the Arnell-created "Misty font" look, introduced around the same time that Pepsi pulled the trigger on their logo rebrand:

image_sierramist_newcan1.jpg

It's funny to see Pepsi backtrack on pretty much every one of the Arnell designs. First Tropicana, the 1st generation Throwbacks, Sierra Mist... what's next?

Archived