Portland Trailblazers Re-Brand

bohob

I think the hat of the driver looks too similar to a Nike "Swoosh" so I would either re-work that or scrap the driver altogether. Personally I like the logo with the basketball and without the driver best. Nice work!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see the basketball wheels without the wordmark in the way, so let's see the standalone version of this thing.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Bohob, if you're going to end up keeping this logo w/o wordmark or basketball included, then you need to work on that bull. Now that I see the logo alone, without anything covering the legs, I realize that they are disformed and show really little motion, if you are trying to portray that. Using the reference below, (sorry for the pic, couldn't find any others) look at the way the legs are built. The legs of a bull look noticeably stiff, what you have now makes them look extremely flexible. The 'elbow' of the leg is usually higher up on the bull, and it probably isnt natural for it to bend the way you have it in your logo.

Bull%20Riding%20Monkey.jpg

I am a Portland native, so probably a bit more sensitive than most. I think its a well rendered logo but the covered wagon signifies "Little House on the Prarie", dustbowl, and hardship - at least to me. Again, its well rendered, but I'm not sure it reflects Portland or evokes enough basketball relative qualities - speed, athleticism, etc. I would focus more on the ox.

I would focus more on the ox.

...but then you'd run into a certain problem...without the wagon, this would most likely be mistaken for a new Bulls logo.

bohob, as was mentioned, the perspective of the ox in relation to the wagon seems a bit off...the wagon looks like it's levitating.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I am a Portland native, so probably a bit more sensitive than most. I think its a well rendered logo but the covered wagon signifies "Little House on the Prarie", dustbowl, and hardship - at least to me. Again, its well rendered, but I'm not sure it reflects Portland or evokes enough basketball relative qualities - speed, athleticism, etc. I would focus more on the ox.

Trust... I am sick-and-damn-tired of Milwaukee concepts that focus on industries that haven't had a real presence in our city for almost 30 years and a pseudo-sport that no one here participates in unless they're originally from "up nort."

But, at the same time, our teams are called the Brewers and the Bucks while Portland's team is called the Trailblazers. And since the NBA can't seem to throw hip hop under the bus quick enough nowadays (despite getting to where they are by clinging to hip hop's short & curlies in the 90s, but I digress...), logos like this that are as far from hip hop as possible would probably get approved with a quickness.

As a Portland resident, I agree. It's a beautifully rendered design, but the ox and wagon imagery to me relays a pokiness, as if it's slowly lumbering across the prairie. While that might invoke the spirit of the Oregon trail, it doesn't fit the image of a fast-paced basketball franchise.

Well, with the Blazers I wanted to do a couple things. First, I wanted to make them not among the multiple black/red teams. Between Chicago, Toronto, and Miami, the black/red combo is still well-represented. Instead, I decided to go with a black/rustic red-orange/vegas gold scheme. The logo is of an ox pulling a covered wagon. The wagon itself features a wood grain and basketball wheels (which are more evident in the non-lockup treatment). I am slightly unsure of the shadow on the left side of the ox's head, but I feel it's ready for the first round of C&C.

blazers_primary.jpg

I love the look, but (and I can't fully put my finger on it) I almost want to see this as some logo package for the Oklahoma NBA team rather than Portland.

Well, with the Blazers I wanted to do a couple things. First, I wanted to make them not among the multiple black/red teams. Between Chicago, Toronto, and Miami, the black/red combo is still well-represented. Instead, I decided to go with a black/rustic red-orange/vegas gold scheme. The logo is of an ox pulling a covered wagon. The wagon itself features a wood grain and basketball wheels (which are more evident in the non-lockup treatment). I am slightly unsure of the shadow on the left side of the ox's head, but I feel it's ready for the first round of C&C.

blazers_primary.jpg

I love the look, but (and I can't fully put my finger on it) I almost want to see this as some logo package for the Oklahoma NBA team rather than Portland.

I still think the secondary needs work. The perspective on the back wheel is off (it's too small) and the ox's front leg just looks weird. It looks like it's bending in ways it shouldn't. The tertiary is a nice tie in to the current set, but can someone please explain to me what the heck it is?

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I still think the secondary needs work. The perspective on the back wheel is off (it's too small) and the ox's front leg just looks weird. It looks like it's bending in ways it shouldn't. The tertiary is a nice tie in to the current set, but can someone please explain to me what the heck it is?

"Harry Glickman?s cousin, Frank Glickman, of Boston, Massachusetts, designed the original logo, consisting of a straight up and down pinwheel with black on the top and red on the bottom. It?s meaning is simple: a modern graphic interpretation of the game of basketball, five players from one side playing against five players from another."

first one looks a little strange but thats hwo there legs go

2nd one looks like he is injured

third one would probably work best with a few tweaks. both knees in front legs need to be bent slightly and back legs need to seem liek they are in motion as well.

i like the basketballs as wheels as someone said the perspective is off but i think it means they are just far away since the bull is charging. but they could b tweaked a little

and i liked them with the driver more imo

UPDATE & UNIFORMS

Well, since nobody responded on the options for the ox, I had to go by my gut, and so I chose the walking stance. The uniforms resemble the current except the striping doesn't abruptly stop on mine. The homes have options regarding the collar trim, while the road has options for a black or red-orange uniform. C&C please.

blazers_logos2.jpg

blazers_home.jpg

blazers_away.jpg

i am not a big fan of the jerseys. tho i would choose the first home and black as the road. i like the concept but they seem a bit plain for some reason. and idk why but i dislike the logo on the shorts. maybe the tertiary logo would make mroe sense and the secondary logo on the alternate jersey

Archived