American Hockey League league-wide redesign

Edubdesign

Hi everyone. Some of you may have seen me on Puckdrawn or Icethetics, and a few of you may have seen my Olympic concepts. Well, this is my new project. It's not done yet, but I'm posting a few of the designs.

abbotsfordedge.png?t=1269785798

This one is for the Abbotsford Heat, the farm club of the Calgary Flames. They've been recently relocated from Quad Cities, in Illinois. The fact that the city begins with the letter "A" just screamed out for a Atlanta Flames-like logo. And that's exactly what they get. I'm thinking of adding a serif to the top of the logo.

An alternate jersey will be posted later.

I'm loving this so far because I love the Atlanta Flames logo. The overall design is inconsistent though. For example, on the red jersey the stripes go red-white-red, yet on the white jersey they just go red, so try to add some white stripes to the red so it goes white-red-white. Also on the red jersey, there are no color on the shoulders, but the white jersey has colored shoulders, I would make yellow shoulders on the red jersey. Also on the white jersey the striping that goes up the chest is red and yellow, but on the red jersey it is only yellow, so try and add a white stripe on the inside or outside of the yellow one. It may seem like that there are a lot of mistakes, but I am just nitpicky. :P

Very nice work. The shoulders look a little too plain without some kind of logo. Possibly the BC provincial flag on one shoulder and the Calgary logo on the other?

And Eric-PLEASE don't change the logo of the Rochester Americans. It's dates to 1956 and is considered one of hockey's best. My other request is on the Amerks' White sweaters please use Red numbers outlined in Royal Blue.

Thank You.

Very nice work. The shoulders look a little too plain without some kind of logo. Possibly the BC provincial flag on one shoulder and the Calgary logo on the other?

And Eric-PLEASE don't change the logo of the Rochester Americans. It's dates to 1956 and is considered one of hockey's best. My other request is on the Amerks' White sweaters please use Red numbers outlined in Royal Blue.

Thank You.

LOL. It's a concept. It's not like whatever he posts here will automatically appear on the ice, and therefore change how your Americans look. If you're wound so tight about it that you can't even stomach some stranger on the internet drawing a design that will never see the light of day, I'm not sure what to tell you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just posting to save this thread from the horrors of..."gasp"... PAGE 3!!!!

I'll have some more designs up here on Sunday. You'll see Adirondack, B'ton, Bridgeport, and maybe the Chicago Cougars.

Don't you mean the Chicago Wolves?

In a manner of speaking, yes. You'll see tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've made some adjustments.

1. Adirondack Phantoms = Adirondack Wings

2. Binghamton Senators = Binghamton Dusters

3. Charlotte Checkers = Charlotte Clippers

1. adirondackredwingsedge.png?t=1270335703

The Adirondack Phantoms. The name just doesn't sound good, so like many other times, I decided to plumb area hockey history. The name and colours are inspired by the former Adirondack Red Wings. Since the Phantoms aren't affiliated with the Wings, I felt that copyright name infringement wouldn't be what a struggling organization would need. The stripes are inspired from a team from the same city as their parent team, the Flyers: The stripes are inspired by the Philadelphia Ramblers.

2. binghamtonedge.png?t=1270335699

Some more history plumping, this time for the B'Sens. The Binghamton Dusters with a new, simple logo and striping.

3. charlotteedge.png?t=1270335701

I know that Charlotte doesn't yet have an AHL team, however, next year they will, because the Albany River Rats will relocate there. Anyways, some more history plumbing for this team. The team logo and the colors haven't been made official yet AFAIK, and I'm hoping they go for something like this.

Archived