2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

I'm sorry, this is bull ****. We play Game 5 in Glendale late Friday night, and how does the NHL schedule Game 6? Oh yeah, 36 hours later on the other side of the country.

Oh, I didn't know you traveled to Glendale. Was it nice down there? I hear it's beautiful this time of year.

EDIT: 2,500th Post.

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, this is bull ****. We play Game 5 in Glendale late Friday night, and how does the NHL schedule Game 6? Oh yeah, 36 hours later on the other side of the country.

Oh, come on. If you're going to make excuses, make excuses based on the abundance of Detroit penalties which heretofore had not been called until the league had a clear financial interest in its opponent. Don't blame a charter jet. Man, I wish both fanbases' teams could lose this series.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Coyotes had a quick turnaround too and they were going on the road, and are playing at 11 AM according to their body clocks.

They are also younger than the Wings and they had to win to stay alive.

... and the problem with that is?...

...not allowing teams to fully recover from the previous game. If you're watching this game, the Wings look tired. And when you're tired you take bad penalties. And if you're too tired to defend those penalties, you're gonna pay the consequences.

This is a scheduling loss if I've ever seen one.

Yeah because the Coyotes didn't have to play in Glendale late Friday and then play game 6 36 hours later on the other side of the country...only the Wings...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

We will be seeing a Crosby vs Ovechkin err Pittsburgh vs Washington ECF. Fleury better get his act together if they want to repeat.

-Dan

The Caps haven't gotten through Montreal, yet....

Boston/Philadelphia/or Montreal could give Pittsburgh headaches too.

lol

Anythings possible. Not that I need to remind you that the Caps have a hard time closing out series. So yes, I am overly concerned about Game 6 tomorrow.

The Coyotes had a quick turnaround too and they were going on the road, and are playing at 11 AM according to their body clocks.

And who's fault is that? The Wings should have played like they were facing elimination too.

It's not our fault you chose to root for a very talented team that draws ratings.

6fQjS3M.png

Apr. 14 at Phoenix Coyotes 10:00 PM ET L 2 - 3

Apr. 16 at Phoenix Coyotes 10:00 PM ET W 7 - 4

TWO DAY LAYOFF + TRAVEL DAY + AFTERNOON START

Apr. 18 vs. Phoenix Coyotes 3:00 PM ET L 2 - 4

Apr. 20 vs. Phoenix Coyotes 6:30 PM ET W 3 - 0

Apr. 23 at Phoenix Coyotes 10:00 PM ET W 4 - 1

TWO DAY LAYOFF + TRAVEL DAY + AFTERNOON START

Apr. 25 vs. Phoenix Coyotes 2:00 PM ET L 2 - 5

Apr. 27 at Phoenix Coyotes TBA

Okay I'm sorry that your world-class hockey players are generally in their late twenties and early thirties and as such eminently unable to handle the rigors of charter air travel.

You guys are really going to blame the schedule? How about blame Howard for the 5 goals he let go by him? Or maybe blame your power play unit for the job they did today? Nah, I guess its just easier to blame the time the game started. The Wings had more than enough opportunities to make it a close game today and they couldn't get it done. Simple as that.

Hopefully Doan will be back on Tuesday and I can finally witness the Coyotes in the second round.

PopHeading-1.gif

Okay I'm sorry that your world-class hockey players are generally in their late twenties and early thirties and as such eminently unable to handle the rigors of charter air travel.

Says the man whose team is playing in a series that is a full game behind every other series.

You guys are really going to blame the schedule? How about blame Howard for the 5 goals he let go by him? Or maybe blame your power play unit for the job they did today? Nah, I guess its just easier to blame the time the game started. The Wings had more than enough opportunities to make it a close game today and they couldn't get it done. Simple as that.

Hopefully Doan will be back on Tuesday and I can finally witness the Coyotes in the second round.

Or, I could blame the Wings being tired = taking bad penalties = 3 Phoenix PP Goals + 1 SH goal off a bad turnover. And yeah, which one of those goals were Howard's fault?

I need to look up a lot of penalty-related statistics. How did Detroit do on the kill this year? Last year's postseason, regular season, year before that? Have the Red Wings always been this awful at this, or do they just have absolutely no idea what to do on a penalty kill because they have never ever had to kill a penalty before? I can see it now: Pavel Datsyuk scans the ice looking to set up a play, only sees three teammates, counts again, yep, one-two-three, thinks to himself wait I know this there are supposed to be five of us OH GOD SOMETHING IS THE MATTER WITH MY BRAIN I AM CONCUSSED, immediately flops on the ice to draw a penalty, nothing happens, sheepishly gets back up, skates to the dressing room. Kris Draper comes on the ice, thinks to himself why am I playing in a game I'm freaking Kris Draper SOMETHING IS VERY AMISS, freezes dead in his tracks, Coyotes score.

I need to look up a lot of penalty-related statistics. How did Detroit do on the kill this year? Last year's postseason, regular season, year before that? Have the Red Wings always been this awful at this, or do they just have absolutely no idea what to do on a penalty kill because they have never ever had to kill a penalty before? I can see it now: Pavel Datsyuk scans the ice looking to set up a play, only sees three teammates, counts again, yep, one-two-three, thinks to himself wait I know this there are supposed to be five of us OH GOD SOMETHING IS THE MATTER WITH MY BRAIN I AM CONCUSSED, immediately flops on the ice to draw a penalty, nothing happens, sheepishly gets back up, skates to the dressing room. Kris Draper comes on the ice, thinks to himself why am I playing in a game I'm freaking Kris Draper SOMETHING IS VERY AMISS, freezes dead in his tracks, Coyotes score.

You're a clown.

Internet gold!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I haven't heard anything, so my guess is he's good to go tomorrow night. Look: the fundamental difference between Ovechkin on Campbell and Hossa on Hamhuis is that Campbell was nowhere near the play, while Hossa, Hamhuis, and Kane were all in proximity to the puck. You can't make a strong case for intent to injure on Hossa's part, not when they're involved in a play and trying to win a game from one goal down. That's not when you set out to straight-up hurt somebody.

You can also note that it was instantly apparent that Campbell had been severely effed up by the hit, so that particular referee was within his rights to call intent to injure and toss Ovechkin, and when it became apparent that Campbell was out for the season with a concussion and broken bones, this in conjunction with Ovechkin's boarding history warranted the suspension. Hamhuis was obviously shaken up, but didn't have to leave the game, and Hossa has no priors to speak of this season.

Lucky Pierre (you see, because he likes to be in between the men) insists that Hossa should have been ejected and suspended, but he doesn't have a case. Just because the hits look kind of similar on a split-screen without mentioning intent and context does not mean they should have congruent punishments. Dumb. Man, I wish that guy would get caught at Customs with a gerbil up his ass so that American audiences would not be subjected to that gobbler.

I haven't heard anything, so my guess is he's good to go tomorrow night. Look: the fundamental difference between Ovechkin on Campbell and Hossa on Hamhuis is that Campbell was nowhere near the play, while Hossa, Hamhuis, and Kane were all in proximity to the puck. You can't make a strong case for intent to injure on Hossa's part, not when they're involved in a play and trying to win a game from one goal down. That's not when you set out to straight-up hurt somebody.

You can also note that it was instantly apparent that Campbell had been severely effed up by the hit, so that particular referee was within his rights to call intent to injure and toss Ovechkin, and when it became apparent that Campbell was out for the season with a concussion and broken bones, this in conjunction with Ovechkin's boarding history warranted the suspension. Hamhuis was obviously shaken up, but didn't have to leave the game, and Hossa has no priors to speak of this season.

Lucky Pierre (you see, because he likes to be in between the men) insists that Hossa should have been ejected and suspended, but he doesn't have a case. Just because the hits look kind of similar on a split-screen without mentioning intent and context does not mean they should have congruent punishments. Dumb. Man, I wish that guy would get caught at Customs with a gerbil up his ass so that American audiences would not be subjected to that gobbler.

Overall, it was just an accident. I thought that Hawks got the shaft when they accessed him the 5 minute major. There wasn't an intent to injure by Hossa at all - his arm was simply out to slow down a bit and put body on Hamhuis as soon as he could to apple pressure. If Hossa showed no signs of slowing down or making an attempt to get to the puck, then you could say that it was dirty. However, that's not the case.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived