World Cup 2010 sigs - *All 32 teams*

lost_limey

I personally recognise most nations better from their shirt logo than their federation logo, from the ones you showed, I'd recognize pretty much all of them better if it was their shirt logo. Also Cameroon and Ivory Coast are the latest logos those ones are the old ones, even if they are from the official FIFA site.

I should get that Chile logo to you later on today hopefully.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally recognise most nations better from their shirt logo than their federation logo, from the ones you showed, I'd recognize pretty much all of them better if it was their shirt logo. Also Cameroon and Ivory Coast are the latest logos those ones are the old ones, even if they are from the official FIFA site.

I should get that Chile logo to you later on today hopefully.

For the first part, that's because you're probably north american, and we europeans tend to have different views at football design :) no offense!

Regarding the bolded text, at first it seemed to me too, that they're the new federations' logos. But so far no official statement has been made about it, and FIFA and their respective federations' official sites still use the "old" ones. These two crests are made by Puma, as a part of the whole jersey design process. It is not uncommon for Puma to design different shirt badges than the federation logos. Having said that, until I see an official statement or updating their official sites with the new logo, I will consider these to be nothing else but shirt badges. And don't get me wrong, I personally ADORE the new Cote d'Ivoire badge. It is light years better than the federation logo.

As for Chile, they have used a different badge from their federation logo for years now. It's that ellipse with the chilean flag in it.

2010-Chile-World-Cup-Jersey-Home-Soccer-Jerseys.jpg

Actually I am European, but no offence taken anyway. :)

As for the Cameroon and Ivory Coast logos you're perfectly right, they could just purely be fabrications by Puma and not for official use by the FAs of both countries. I know that Puma tried to do the same thing for Togo in changing their badges for their new kits, but this idea was rejected by them. Both of the newer logos contain the federation's name so for me I am going to say these are the new logos. Using that their website's are yet to contain the new logo's is a bit of a weak argument as African countries tend to spend very little, both money wise and time wise on the aesthetic side of their website and by looking at the current state of their websites this seems to very much be the case.

Actually I am European, but no offence taken anyway. :)

As for the Cameroon and Ivory Coast logos you're perfectly right, they could just purely be fabrications by Puma and not for official use by the FAs of both countries. I know that Puma tried to do the same thing for Togo in changing their badges for their new kits, but this idea was rejected by them. Both of the newer logos contain the federation's name so for me I am going to say these are the new logos. Using that their website's are yet to contain the new logo's is a bit of a weak argument as African countries tend to spend very little, both money wise and time wise on the aesthetic side of their website and by looking at the current state of their websites this seems to very much be the case.

Couldn't agree more on your last sentence :) I really hope that they're gonna be the official FA logos, at least for Cote d'Ivoire. BTW, where in Europe are you?

And if you DO WANT to use shirt badges, why haven't you put North Korea's flag instead of the federation logo, 'cause that's all they have on the jerseys.

KoreaDPRFlag.png

Would it be possible to have Brazil one with the name of the country in portuguese? BRASIL

THanks

Braasil.png

Nice sigs, I think Honduras be look better if you add new crest from jersey:

Honduras1.png

How's that for the three of you?

Excellent work on the Chile badge, mr Curswine. let me knock out a sig.

Edit: Presto!

Chile-1.png

As I've also updated the Cameroon sig with the correct dates, I have now officially finished all 32 World Cup nations (plus Canada and the Republic of Ireland)

Awesome work! Like how you put the participating years in each banner. Nice touch.

Thanks. I just felt it needed somethng in the banner outlines to tie the thing together, and years of participation seemed natural.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived