Texas Legends Logo

Windmill360

If the logo is trying to elude to an animal skull then somewhere Georgia O'Keefe is puking in her grave.

bad logo.

We get it. The shape of any longhorn skull is inherently similar to that of the female reproductive system, and the third grader in some of us can't see beyond that when critiquing an otherwise engaging mark such as this. Grow up a little. Art imitates life, and there are countless pieces of successful art that are either phallic or yonic in nature. It'd be great if that sort of thing could quit being labeled 'taboo' and eventually be accepted for its beauty, concept and craft instead of being beleaguered for what it vaguely resembles.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If the logo is trying to elude to an animal skull then somewhere Georgia O'Keefe is puking in her grave.

The logo is trying to get away to an animal skull? Wha?

It looks like a kid's fairy princess wand from a terrible angle.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

bad logo.

We get it. The shape of any longhorn skull is inherently similar to that of the female reproductive system, and the third grader in some of us can't see beyond that when critiquing an otherwise engaging mark such as this. Grow up a little. Art imitates life, and there are countless pieces of successful art that are either phallic or yonic in nature. It'd be great if that sort of thing could quit being labeled 'taboo' and eventually be accepted for its beauty, concept and craft instead of being beleaguered for what it vaguely resembles.

Chill out there cowboy...did I ever elude to a reproductive system??? Get off your high horse and join the rest of us. You are jumping waaaaaay off target here and trying to defend a pretty $hitty logo here by trying to show us your apparently unending knowledge of art and art history. Please, spare me. I was making a joke. If you don't like it then fine. Don't insult me. Just say your don't like it. Nobody is labeling it taboo. Its a crappy logo. period. Its certainly no Houston Texans logo no matter how much you wish it were.

The logo is trying to get away to an animal skull? Wha?

It looks like a kid's fairy princess wand from a terrible angle.

I guess my joke flew over your head too.

sigh.

lets move on.

No, I got your joke. The point was that the word 'elude' is not what you're looking for in that sentence (nor was it the second time).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

bad logo.

Chill out there cowboy...did I ever elude to a reproductive system??? Get off your high horse and join the rest of us. You are jumping waaaaaay off target here and trying to defend a pretty $hitty logo here by trying to show us your apparently unending knowledge of art and art history. Please, spare me. I was making a joke. If you don't like it then fine. Don't insult me. Just say your don't like it. Nobody is labeling it taboo. Its a crappy logo. period. Its certainly no Houston Texans logo no matter how much you wish it were.

No, but you alluded to one with the Georgia O'Keefe comment. I didn't insult you. The comment wasn't even aimed solely at you. I stated that I think that the critiques in general could be much stronger. Whether I like the logo or not, I think the criticism could (and probably should) be at least a little bit relevant to the principles of design, i.e. "Is it attractive? Is it appropriate?" Not, "It looks like a vagina." While not a direct critique on the work, your joke was the catalyst for me to voice my opinion on the topic of people deriding logos that bear any sort of vague resemblance to an 'anatomical' feature.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived