NHL Third Jersey concepts

knnhrvy16

Hey guys!

Boredom set in really bad today, and I wanted to try something new. I had some ideas in my head for possible third jerseys for some teams, and it led me to try my hand at giving the Thrashers and Sharks such a jersey.

First off, I give you Atlanta.

With Atlanta, I wanted to try something out of the box for them, and something that would effictively use every color in thier scheme. I know they have lots of different colors, but thats what made it fun and challenging. I always wondered what the flying bird alternate would look like if it were flying in a different direction, like straight over instead of straight up. This, and an inspiration from old uniforms past like the Nuggets and Astros, gave me this idea:

NHLThirdsATL.png

And now I leave you with San Jose.

San Jose was purely made to honor the California Golden Seals of old. The uniform, wordmark, and colors were all inspired by the Seals. Call it a "fauxback", if you will. I was really, REALLY curious to see what something like this would look like and always thought it be cool to see the Sharks either do something like this or pull off the real deal (a Seals throwback) someday, so I couldnt help but resist trying this concept.

NHLThirdsSJ.png

Anyways, tell me what you all think!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I love how you did something original here.

That being said, the Thrashers jersey design instantly reminded me of the gay flag. Also you will want to put the helmet stickers in a different spot, near the top of the helmet would be better.

Great job on being outside the box :)

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Both are cool. On the Thrashers move the bird to the right a little more and do not have the stripes past the wing tips and the head. Also scrap the wide dark blue. Just use the other 4 colors as wide stripes, but thin them a little and have the dark blue seperate the colors like a pinstripe. Yea I know it would look a little 90's Penguinsque. As for the Sharks I just don't like the font you used for "Sharks".

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I really enjoy these. They are new ideas, and now the usual ones that we see, day in and day out. Dare I say it, but the Thrashers concept would look AWESOME with a gradient. Stronger near the back of the logo and weaker towards the front - as if it's creating a "flight pattern" so to speak. For the Sharks one, this would probably be a good time to add numbers on the front, right under the "Sharks" wording. Without it, the front looks pretty bland.

Keep up the good work! I'd love to see some more!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Both are very good ideas, and I think they function well as alternate jerseys. I think you've done a great job with the San Jose faux-back. I don't have any suggestions to better it.

On the Thrashers jersey, I get why you reoriented the logo, but I don't think you really needed to, and I don't think it's working horizontally. Also, I think you need a double outline on the back numbers just to differentiate them from the stripes a bit more. I'd try white numbers, with a navy blue outline, then a tan outline.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Great job here, definitly thought i'd never see something like it. Very creative Thrashers concept. Unique that you used the Golden Seals uniform for the Sharks. Understandable for the fact they play in California. Only thing I dislike is that fact it really isn't relevant to the Sharks franchise history, unless I missed out on something.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Great job here, definitly thought i'd never see something like it. Very creative Thrashers concept. Unique that you used the Golden Seals uniform for the Sharks. Understandable for the fact they play in California. Only thing I dislike is that fact it really isn't relevant to the Sharks franchise history, unless I missed out on something.

Seals became the Barons.

Barons merged with the North Stars

The NHL dissolved the merger in 1990 (91?)

The dissolved merger left the NHL with an available franchise.

The new franchise is the San Jose Sharks.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Loving the rainbow guts Thrashers.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Charger, you nailed it. That's exactly the inspiration for the Sharks third!

With the Thrashers, I again thank you all for your comments, and I noticed that many of you said it was good but there were also some concerns (like the closeness to the gay flag, which I honestly hadn't even noticed until pointed out). I'm currently at a loss as to how to tackle it, should I keep the rainbow guts theme or change it entirely?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived