Winnipeg Jets Concept

flyersfan4888

This is just a "rebirth" project for the Winnipeg Jets, if they were to move back to the MTS Centre and become an NHL team again. I used Scottie Upshall as my sample jersey because he is a really good player for the current Phoenix Coyotes and I think Winnipeg Fans will enjoy his style of play. The Jumbotron is not my original drawing, unfortunately, as it was the original concept pic for the Manitoba Moose when they were moving to the MTS Centre, i just edited it (sort of) for the Jets. I know my last concept did not go over well, but I am holding my head up high and trying again. So, here you go, my Winnipeg Jets Concept. C&C welcomed!

b5k10x.jpg

"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.? - 'Broad Street Bullies' coach Fred "The Fog" Shero

1z4y8ms.jpg

"A guy broke into my apartment last week.. He didn't take the TV, just the remote. Now he drives by and changes the channels.. Sick b***ard"

As easy as it would be to just bring back the old logo, I think if the Jets ever returned they would at least modernize the logo a bit. It's still a classic logo, and would work well as a throwback alternate, but it's a little outdated by current NHL standards IMO.

I think the black hem stripe on the home sweaters is unnecessary. The blue is also way to purplish. I like the shoulder yokes on the away jerseys.

Totally agree.

I think the black hem stripe on the home sweaters is unnecessary. The blue is also way to purplish. I like the shoulder yokes on the away jerseys.

Totally agree.

I think the black you see there is just the shadow of the other side of the jersey.

Ok....in response to GMW79 and Puck, i realized that I did add a black hem without even noticing (thanks burgess for sticking up for me :D) here is the updated design, the blue s a little more vibrant so it doesn't resemble purple like it had before.....if you want me to switch back...just tell me!!! The shoulder patches...i did'nt really think that they looked awkward until i looked at them, but when i tried to resize them, it messed up the flow, so i switched it back to its "awkward" form...

33ur9r6.jpg

"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.? - 'Broad Street Bullies' coach Fred "The Fog" Shero

1z4y8ms.jpg

"A guy broke into my apartment last week.. He didn't take the TV, just the remote. Now he drives by and changes the channels.. Sick b***ard"

I like that centre ice is the whole logo instead of the logo contained in a faceoff circle. Nice simple classic concept, but I would hope that the new Jets would update and modernize a little bit and use a classic jersey as an alternate.

A very nice, modern take on the Jets uniforms. It that team ever does return, I think this is what they should be wearing.

I think my only complaint has to be the hemstripe. If the look was intentional, it doesn't look too bad, but it feels as if you're heavily restricting yourself to the template's boundaries, so to say, and making it much smaller than it can be.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I don't like this logo wise, two primaries that have already been used and on the same jersey is too much. Reusing the logos is also against my likings. The uniforms aren't bad at all, but try something original for the logo.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Good color changes, but the blue on the road sweater/socks still looks like it has a bit too much purple to it (but maybe I'm color blind or it's the red/blue "blending"). My vision problems or not, the logo is still purplish too. Again though, the home sweater looks way better now.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived