Calgary Royals

chickenfish13

• 3 weeks later...

This name and logo are already 100 times better than the Calgary Hitmen identity. However, the Dub is 100 times better than the AJ, so I guess it evens out.

The WHL is 100 times better than the AJHL? What are you smoking?

It's better hockey, yeah, but it's a step. Not "100 times".

This name and logo are already 100 times better than the Calgary Hitmen identity. However, the Dub is 100 times better than the AJ, so I guess it evens out.

The WHL is 100 times better than the AJHL? What are you smoking?

It's better hockey, yeah, but it's a step. Not "100 times".

I was using hyperbole in order to make an interesting post. Nothing more. My main point was to state just how much I dislike the Hitmen name, logo, colours, etc. and how I wish the Flames would have changed it when they bought the team. For me, the tie-in with Graham James and professional wrestling is more than enough reason for a new image. There are so many better team names in Calgary hockey history to choose from. I would have even embranced the rumoured "Calgary Junior Flames" moniker over what they have now.

If the Hitmen could at least bust out a Wranglers or even Centennials throwback jersey, I would be impressed.

It looks cool, plenty of changes through out the CJHL. In my end of the nation, our league has a new logo. Is it me, or why does Calgary have 2 teams? I'd relocate to a smaller market then have a team in a city where there is the WHL and NHL.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Now the Calgary Mustangs... not a terrible logo, but too forced into a "c" shape, and the mane like thing is kinda weird. I like the colors though. I want to see what the secondary logo is, its in the background of the website.

mustangs.jpg

Website

Someone said it looks like a fish (maybe it's a seahorse)... I think it looks like a shrimp...

Archived