Espn Making It Better Polls

NJTank

I'm amazed, looking at the Padre's unis how DIFFERENT the homes and roads are. Is that common?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm amazed, looking at the Padre's unis how DIFFERENT the homes and roads are. Is that common?

let's see...

Red Sox-home has piping around neck, road has piping around sleeves

Pale Hosers (aka White Sox)-home has #-Sox and pinstripes, road has Chicago #

Tigers-home has english D, road has Dodger style Detroit #

Bronx Bombers-home pinstripes/NY, road NEW YORK

D-Backs-home is sleeved(regular, not alt) with A, road sleeveless w/Arizona

Cubs-home pinstripes/C-ubs, road CHICAGO in blue, red #

Reds-home red undershirt, pinstripes, # C-reds...road black undershirt, CINCINNATI #

Astros...home pinstripes, black lettering, brick front #...road plain, brick lettering, black front #

Dodgers-home plain, road has blue piping around neck and sleeves

Expos-home has pinstripes and blue lettering, road has sleeve trim and red lettering

Mets if you count their pinstripes-home has pinstripes, road has piping. if you count the 'snow white' ones, then no difference.

Phils-home has pinstripes, road has sleeve trim

i'm not counting those jerseys whose only difference is script (i.e. Padres, Twins) but this does show that it's common for home and road jerseys to be completely different in baseball. also shows the most common difference is that the home jersey has pinstripes while the road does not.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thanks, discrim... I hadn't really thought about it before, but you are right... the font style difference is what really gets me about the Padres. I don't dislike either one, really.. it just looks like different teams home and away.

I LOVE Damon's new look.

I called him all last year - Unfrozen Caveman Centerfielder

Now, he REALLY look like it!

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Did you LIKE the vet better than the new, or do you just not like anything negative said about Philly at all?

ΓΔΒ!

Easy there. I'm not saying that the Vet was better than CBP, but that kind of hatred toward Philadelphia stuff gets to me. CBP is a great place. After seeing two games there so far, it's a great place to watch a game. It's just new, there aren't many memories there. There were a lot of memories at the Vet. Just defending something that many didn't appreciate.

Go Phils. Big win today.

I take offense at the results of the Veterans Stadium poll and the results. I'm one of the 13% who voted for old Veterans stadium. Ohh well, Vet RIP.

Same here. Never saw a baseball game there, but went to a ton of Army/Navy football games there, and liked it. I haven't been to CBP yet, but i've been to Lincoln Financial, and of course its a better stadium, but the Vet was just...the Vet.

Well, amen. I agree.. history has a place, and should be honered and respected. I remember being a little aggrivated when they torn down Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium. But, now that we've got Turner Field, the Georgia Dome, and a couple years under our belts, I'm fine with it.

Sorry to have sounded snippy. I understand missing the old stomping grounds!

ΓΔΒ!

I would vote for the new Padres jerseys b/c I love the Home and Alternate unis... but that road uniform is a crime against humanity. Everytime I look at it, it looks like they've rolled around in sandy mud. So what if it's different? Different does not always equate to good.

I take offense at the results of the Veterans Stadium poll and the results. I'm one of the 13% who voted for old Veterans stadium. Ohh well, Vet RIP.

Yeah man, I voted for Old Veterans Stadium too... How come you Americans keep blowing up all of our World Series Stadiums, trying to erase the memory? :flagcanada::flagcanada::flagcanada:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I take offense at the results of the Veterans Stadium poll and the results.  I'm one of the 13% who voted for old Veterans stadium.  Ohh well, Vet RIP.

Yeah man, I voted for Old Veterans Stadium too... How come you Americans keep blowing up all of our World Series Stadiums, trying to erase the memory? :flagcanada::flagcanada::flagcanada:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I agree. Even though I don't like the team, I always thought that the BLUE Jays had nice uniforms and designs until last year's uniforms. Now, they need more blue in their uniforms. The design is sharp, and in some of the concepts with blue, the uniforms look nice.

I would vote for the new Padres jerseys b/c I love the Home and Alternate unis... but that road uniform is a crime against humanity. Everytime I look at it, it looks like they've rolled around in sandy mud. So what if it's different? Different does not always equate to good.

I totally agree... The sand color just isn't... right, somehow. Maybe if they'd have gone with powder-blue...

I voted for the new look because, as Meat Loaf sang, "two out of three ain't bad."

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Yeah.... I voted new...

Even though what I really wanted to vote was old-old... like before she died her hair black.. she was a 100% cutie with blond hair on her first album cover.

ΓΔΒ!

Archived