Atlanta Braves concept

AlaskaAJ

Well, I've been working on this all day, and I can't wait to see what you guys think. :D

BravesConcept.png

I really took inspiration from the MN Twins new logo, so... whaddya think?

On another note- I know the words "Atlanta" and "Baseball Club" may be off center, that's not my forte...

ccslcsig-4.png

If you use a guide to cut down the middle of the circle horizontally and another guide vertically, it'll be easier to gauge the amount of text you have on either side. It doesn't look off by much.

Shift the ATLANTA part over just a bit and move the BASEBALL CLUB part up a bit (possibly by pressing the SPACE bar a couple times if you're using Illustrator's curved text tool). That being said, I don't think the serif font goes well with the script font of Braves. I'd also change the circle and outline on the script to a darker blue, since it looks a bit too light to me. I'm not a baseball fan though, so that might be their actual colours and I'm just not used to seeing the logo to differentiate it from what you've posted. It's a good start though, so keep at it.

The second rendering is well-executed, but all you did was take the existing primary and add two pieces of information that everybody in America knows: that the Braves are a baseball club from Atlanta. It looks good, but it doesn't make a good thing better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the negative space circle needs something... even if its just baseball seems.

However... the Baseball Club... I absolutely love it. I always love baseball teams that have that. Reminds me of the minors. I absolutely love it. love it love it love it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Why? It's completely extraneous. You shouldn't have to note that you're a baseball club. The "San Diego Padres Baseball Club," as opposed to what, the "San Diego Padres Competitive Basket-Weaving Club"? If you think it looks minor-league, that's a pretty solid indication that it shouldn't be major-league.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm back, been at my mom's house... just a note saying i'm exploring objects to replace the "Baseball Club", maybe something like the Brewers logo... whaddya think?

That would actually make sense since there's a Milwaukee Brewers Soccer Club (that pre-dates the current incarnation of the baseball club by a couple decades!)

Archived