Calgary Flames Concept

the swed

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was curios of how Calgarys late 90,s kits would look like today on the edge template and I cheated a little bit and used Calgarys current template.

I put into some connection to the past and cleaned it up a little bit.

Concept 1

calgary95concept.png

calgary95conceptroad.png

Concept 2

calgary95concepttake2.png

calgary95concepttake2ro.png

Maybe a white stripe at the bottom of the home jersey and a red on the road? Plus, those lines that came upwards from the hem were one of the key features of the 90's jerseys. Maybe they can find their way on here?

I was curios of how Calgarys late 90,s kits would look like today on the edge template and I cheated a little bit and used Calgarys current template.

calgary95concept.png

calgary95conceptroad.png

Calgary's current jerseys and by extension template are simply awful. I would go back to the drawing board on this one for a couple of reasons

1) Pick either Sleeve stripes or shoulder yoke. The way the yolk runs into the sleeve stripes looks amateurish.

2) Use Horizontal hem stripes. Especially if you're trying to emulate a 90's design. Hockey jerseys are not meant to have vertical striping (in spite of what Reebok would like to have us believe) this isnt football.

3) Pick a consistant striping pattern. You got a white yolk and black sleeve stripes on the home, and you got a red yolk on the away bleeding into more red on the sleeve stripes.

Criticism aside I do like the idea (edgifying the 90's uniforms) and I like that used the White Flaming C as opposed to Black version, I just think it could use some work. Hope this helps.

Concept 1

calgary95concept.png

calgary95conceptroad.png

Concept 2

calgary95concepttake2.png

calgary95concepttake2ro.png

Not a big fan of white shoulders on the red jersey. The black "C" has really grown on me as a Flames fan. They either need to use it or lose the black entirely through the entire jersey.

When I saw 90s I was expecting a Edge version of this beauty.

Flames12.png

NHLUNIFORMS.COM

I. Hate. These.

Yeah the Flames current jerseys are so much better <_<

The current Flames set is far from perfect, but they are still so much better than the version above.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived