Golden State Warriors Redesign

cjzilligen

Hey guys,

Taking a quick little break from my football league design to mock-up a decent identity for Golden State; the logo change really bugged me beacause of the fact that their previous uniforms were actually pretty decent. The rumored uniforms for this next season are pretty hideous IMO, but that's for another thread...

My goal here was to create a solid medium from the previous identity and now their current. What I did was mix the 'Warrior' figure with the Golden Gate Bridge, along with a little 'twist' if you will. The new primary is a Warrior hoisting the Golden Gate Bridge in front of a blue basketball. My intentions were to tie the Warriors nickname with the city of San Francisco, and the warrior supporting the bridge (a well known structure of California) could possibly influence this idea. The secondary is the same Warrior in front of a blue basketball; the tertiary is a simple 'GS' monogram (used on the collar and shorts). The uniforms are below:

Home

warriorhome.png

Road

warriorroad-1.png

Alternate

warrioralternate.png

Warrior fans, bash it if you must.

I concur. This is a wonderful blend of retro and modern. I love the main logo, but I think the away uniform needs some work. The white wordmark with a yellow border just doesn't look good, and I don't think the number color looks good against the dark navy background.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I agree about the wordmark on the away jersey, but the rest is awesome. I would love to see this used instead of the new logo. Great color combination as well.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I think the logo needs to work to make it come together, but I LOVE the idea. Nice blend of eras, and it's a much more interesting look than their new logo (which was a big disappointment to me). If you worked on doing a re-render of the warrior instead of the cut-and-paste, this could really work. Maybe make him look like more of a Greek titan (Atlas?) towering over the bridge.

I don't really like the typeface, however. It seems very generic, which is the same problem I have with the new copperplate look. Also, while the colors look nice together, they are very similar to the Nuggets, and slightly less similar to the Grizz. I wouldn't mind navy, yellow/gold, and orange. I loved that combo.

This is a very compelling start. I'd love to see you see it through to something more refined.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

love the idea as well, I would lose the lighter blue, combined with yellow and navy it screams Denver to me.

I had problems with the man in the logo as well, At first glance it looked pretty cool, but it just doesn't work since he's in front of parts that he should be behind and vice versa. Personally, I'd just loose the guy and keep the bridge and you have a great logo.

logo alone makes this great, very well done there - i can't help but think nuggets/lakers for the unis a bit, but they're clean and simple which is definitely a plus - nice work on the whole concept really

16jfa.png

The Bridge seems to get lost. The Center mast seems to be a problem. You have both the near and far columns in front of the body, but then you have the suspension cables behind.

I would almost switch so the Warrior is behind the bridge, using his hands to climb up. It just seems the order is wrong.

EDIT: And I think the off-axis bridge does the logo injustice.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

GREAT start- honestly, you have a real nice concept here.

I agree with what mostly everyone else said, you need to fix the wordmark on the away jersey.

Take a look at Marquette, you may want to try some top of fixed border like this:

NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+Anaheim+Second+SHxKPv-eopFl.jpg

But like I said, great start. As far as the logo, it's lot better than the rubbish they just introduced.

Honestly this is a great idea. The wordmark on the jerseys could use a little something, right now they're a bit plain. And even though the logo is really nice, I cannot figure out how he is holding that bridge, almost like he's standing in the middle of it, but somehow he's shown in front of the support cables or whatever those things are called. Same with mavrxboy2, I'd need to see a bigger image for final judgement.

Archived