Home Brewery Branding

sirantlers

I'm very new to any photoshopping at all. I have tried to design a few logos but they have been a big fail! I was looking for some help from my fellow logoteers. I am and have been brewing my own beers for the last 7 months, but now I want to be able to brand them with names and labels. The name of the brew is ARMY MAN, as in the little green plastic army men. Anyways, all I ask if that you incorporate something army man (preferably plastic green men) into your logo for any of the listed brews. I'm also looking for a main ARMY MAN BREWING CO Logo...

Here's what I'm Brewing:

Recon Rouge (Scottish Ale)

Atomic Amber Ale (Barleywine Style Amber Ale)

Hand Grenade Hop Ale (IPA)

Call in the Cavalry Chocolate Stout(Stout)

Manhattan Project Mocha Porter(Porter)

6th Battalion Bocktoberfest(Bock Style Octoberfest)

Here is a few that I worked on myself:

Since I can't post the pics for some reason:

My link

My link

My link

Thanks!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very new to any photoshopping at all. I have tried to design a few logos but they have been a big fail! I was looking for some help from my fellow logoteers. I am and have been brewing my own beers for the last 7 months, but now I want to be able to brand them with names and labels. The name of the brew is ARMY MAN, as in the little green plastic army men. Anyways, all I ask if that you incorporate something army man (preferably plastic green men) into your logo for any of the listed brews. I'm also looking for a main ARMY MAN BREWING CO Logo...

Here's what I'm Brewing:

My link

My link

My link

Thanks!

I'd like to help you with this project. Are you actually having the labels produced, or is it just a 'for fun' project?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Here's what I'm Brewing:

My link

My link

My link

Thanks!

I'd like to help you with this project. Are you actually having the labels produced, or is it just a 'for fun' project?

Awesome! I'm actually going to be printing the labels myself at first. I'm hoping to really get everything to take off and get to the point where I'm having the labels produced in mass.

Two things I'm really looking to use, unless you have something better......Sticking to using the Plastic Army man as much as possible, as well, Using the Stencil font. For some reason, the Stencil font is exactly the effect I'm looking for.....

It is going to have to fit on a label that is:

Plain B24500

3.25" x 4.25"

(Matte finish)

If you have any questions, let me know. Other than that I'm looking for one main Branding logo (something I can use of a poster) and labels for all Six Beers we're brewing.....

Just from a marketing standpoint, you really should shorten the names to make the more rememberable. People will shorten them anyways. Fore example 6th Battalion Bocktoberfest, just shorten it to 6th Battalion or just Battalion etc.

Just from a marketing standpoint, you really should shorten the names to make the more rememberable. People will shorten them anyways. Fore example 6th Battalion Bocktoberfest, just shorten it to 6th Battalion or just Battalion etc.

I agree with this.

However, I think you can still stick with your original plan...just don't emphasize the type of beer as much as the name. Something like:

ATOMIC

AMBER ALE

But obviously much more cool.

I'm absolutely fine with that, I would just like to have the type of beer somewhere on the Bottle, weather its on the bottom or whatever, but everything can be shortened and I'm open to suggestions.

I'm also going to to be adding one beer to the lineup:

The Widowmaker Winter Ale

QUICK UPDATE:

This is the template I'll be using for the labels....

http://www.onlinelabels.com/ol500.htm

They are 4" X 3".

I'm absolutely fine with that, I would just like to have the type of beer somewhere on the Bottle, weather its on the bottom or whatever, but everything can be shortened and I'm open to suggestions.

I would agree with shortening the names. People would more than likely just say "Hey, have you tried 6th battalion?" rather than the whole name. For instance, my favorite beer is Fat Tire...

fat-tire.jpg

When I go into a bar, I don't ask the bartender for a "Fat Tire Amber Ale"

IUe6Hvh.png

I would agree with shortening the names. People would more than likely just say "Hey, have you tried 6th battalion?" rather than the whole name. For instance, my favorite beer is Fat Tire...

fat-tire.jpg

Yep,completely agree.....And I'm open to any suggestions....So be as creative as you would like and shorten anything you want as long as it has the ARMY MAN BREWING CO. on it....

fat-tire.jpg

Off topic here, but I'm not a fan of Fat Tire from New Belgium. They push it really hard as their flagship brew...but Mothership and 1554 (one of the darkest beers I've had that drink really light) are much better to me.

Carry on. I just love brew.

Some things. I think if somehow you used a clip art-y man, with a good script over it, it'd be great. Then just adjust it for the type. I might whip up what I have in my head.

Also, made in Buffalo? And theres no Buffalo Soldier?!

EDIT: I had this in mind, then you adjust it to the flavor.

ArmyMan2.png

OH SNAP What if each flavor had a different pose of army guy? Like Recon Rouge was the radio guy.

In my opinion, raysox has the right idea, in which all the labels have similar design elements. The idea of using a different army man silhouette for each is also very good. The other thing that is important is font usage. The plain, basic stencil font has a bit of an amateurish look, no matter where it's used. There are a ton of stencil fonts out there that are more refined and have more character. I'll be creating a series of labels this weekend. I don't do that many pro bono projects anymore, but I'd like to do this one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

In my opinion, raysox has the right idea, in which all the labels have similar design elements. The idea of using a different army man silhouette for each is also very good. The other thing that is important is font usage. The plain, basic stencil font has a bit of an amateurish look, no matter where it's used. There are a ton of stencil fonts out there that are more refined and have more character. I'll be creating a series of labels this weekend. I don't do that many pro bono projects anymore, but I'd like to do this one.

Yep, I think he does as well. I'm very curious to see what you come up with Andrew.....Raysox, love what you did man. I'm a big fan of the concepts you come up with so thanks for helping with this....I would also love to use a different army man for each flavor....I think its a great idea....

First is the logo. I don't have an army man in here at the moment, but I designed the logo so that you can put whatever you want in the center of it; stars, eagle, insignia, a buffalo, various poses of army men, etc. It's meant to be versatile. EDIT: Here is a version with an army man.

armyman1.png

armyman2.png

And now for the label. I only drew up one army man thus far, because I wanted to get your approval before I go ahead and create the labels for the other brews. The plan is for each of the labels to follow this sort of look, but with small variations to the layout, color scheme, a different army man pose, you get the idea. You could also use colorized photos in the background instead of the tiger stripe camo I've used here. I'll make the other labels after I get the heads up from you.

AH

reconrouge.png

First is the logo. I don't have an army man in here at the moment, but I designed the logo so that you can put whatever you want in the center of it; stars, eagle, insignia, a buffalo, various poses of army men, etc. It's meant to be versatile. EDIT: Here is a version with an army man.

armyman1.png

armyman2.png

And now for the label. I only drew up one army man thus far, because I wanted to get your approval before I go ahead and create the labels for the other brews. The plan is for each of the labels to follow this sort of look, but with small variations to the layout, color scheme, a different army man pose, you get the idea. You could also use colorized photos in the background instead of the tiger stripe camo I've used here. I'll make the other labels after I get the heads up from you.

AH

reconrouge.png

Absolutely Killer. Spot on as far as what I was looking for.....Love the camo stripes in the background. Also the way the Army Man's base is also the E in Rouge....If I actually had funds coming in from this already I would pay you for your work, thats how good I think it is.....

We are going to do a slight variation of the flavors previously stated:

Manhattan Project Vanilla Bean Porter(Porter)

The Widowmaker Winter Spice Ale

Buffalo Soldier Brown Ale

If you have any other questions let me know....Other than that I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I can get the layouts done pretty quickly, but I'm going to have to get some good pics of different army men poses, and that may take a little while, so I may just toss the radio guy in the layouts as a placeholder. Are you planning on expanding your business in the future?

I can get the layouts done pretty quickly, but I'm going to have to get some good pics of different army men poses, and that may take a little while, so I may just toss the radio guy in the layouts as a placeholder. Are you planning on expanding your business in the future?

Thats the plan.......The sky is the limit for where we can take this idea....I would love to have this work out into a restaurant style brewery with military items on the walls....But for now, it's beginning with home brew that we are attempting to prefect. We will begin to sell if to friends and family at some point in time and test out the market for it. If it goes anywhere at all, I will let you know and you will be compensated for sure.....Worse case, I send you few beers with your logo on it to sample......

Archived