Lebron Wins Roy

Joshawaggie

LeBron does deserve so does Carmello its too bad it was not a split award because really to me both had one of the best rookie seasons in the history of the NBA.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

LeBron does deserve so does Carmello its too bad it was not a split award because really to me both had one of the best rookie seasons in the history of the NBA.

I think it's crap. Will it take a first round win for these people to realize Carmelo was a better player this year? Making the playoffs in the Western conference as opposed to missing them in the East speaks for itself.

The Cavaliers were STILL nothing until they made some pretty big trades.

Carmelo played HUGE when his team needed him to and made the big shots. Gun to my head, I'd pick Carmelo to be on my team over Lebron any day of the week.

First they rob Garnett of the MVP last year... and now they rob Carmelo of ROY. Such crap.

IUe6Hvh.png

I could still go either way, as much as I love Melo.

But I am curious...anyone know if a player has won freshman of the year and rookie of the year in consecutive years?

I'd guess not. I'd even say it was rare to see one player awarded both, not even consecutive years!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I knew deep down inside that Lebron would win it!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Sorry but I just barely found out who won the ROY. I've been under a rock working all weekend.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Well, it's the 2nd straight year a High School has won the award. Amare actually deserved it though.

Since the NFL looks like it may win their case against early entry's into the draft, I'm wondering if the NBA would be willing to add a rule like that too. I don't believe David Stern would be against it and the Players union would probably favor it considering it'd have a positive effect on low salary veterans positions on teams.

IUe6Hvh.png

Being a Denver native, I know EXACTLY why 'Melo didnt even get co-ROY.

It's because when Denver was getting blown out by the Pistons in Detroit near the end of the season Anthony refused to go back into the game.

It was said that if he had not pulled that little stunt, he would have been lone Rookie of the Year.

I agree that 'Melo was more valuable to his team, but LeBron was more valuable to the league. America will always root for the high school kid more than the guy comin' out of college. Think about it. Shaq, Jason Kidd, & Allen Iverson never got the hype that such players as Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, and Lebron did because everyone's like, "He's coming straight outta high school, he must be the best ever, blah blah blah." Carmelo Anthony, as awesome as he is, will be in Lebron James' shadow until he wins a championship, which I'm willing to bet won't happen as long as he stays in the West.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I don't think high school kids get anymore hype than college players usually do. Shaq got a ton of hype and attention along with Yao Ming, Elton Brand, Vince Carter, Tim Duncan, etc. LeBron James was just a special case this year. Nobody has ever come out of high school with so much talent and potential as this young kid. Not only can he play the game really well but he also has a good head on him. When have you ever scene LeBron be cocky in an interview or commercial. LeBron and Carmelo are in two different worlds. Sure LeBron likes to get a attention but Carmelo can't wait to be the next Michael Jordan poster boy. Maybe it's just be but I find Carmelo more annoying than LeBron.

Retired Number's To Come

One thing's for sure, the future is looking bright!

lebron_roy.jpg

Retired Number's To Come

oh well. I'm sure Lebron would rather be in Carmelo's position right now, anyway. But atleast he can watch his good friend play on TV now.

And watch him get knocked to the floor! :D

Retired Number's To Come

Are you a believer that trophy's should be changed? I think it looks good and it's tradition. I don't know of many who really look at it and think it's ugly.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived