Jets Inagural Season Uniform Patch

Dexter Morgan

please allow me (speaking on behalf of giants fans) to laugh at the jets, once again, for their feeble attempt to big-time the giants

Um, the Jets aren't "big-timing" anybody anymore. The new stadium is a 50/50 split, remember? And the Jets do indeed play there, so it's not wrong of them to call it "The Home of the Jets."

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

the jets inferiority complex over playing at Giants stadium has been well documented over the past 26 years..

I'm not sure where you are from "lights out" or if you follow the teams on a daily basis, but since Buddy's son took over the jets the organization has gone out of its way to promote themselves as the "team of NY".

I do understand the 50/50 split.. and that the teams are equal tenants... I'm not debating that... but the "home of...." is boldly displayed on the patch AND takes a not-so-subtle shot at the giants.

"Um", i hope that clarifies my initial post.

the jets inferiority complex over playing at Giants stadium has been well documented over the past 26 years..

I'm not sure where you are from "lights out" or if you follow the teams on a daily basis, but since Buddy's son took over the jets the organization has gone out of its way to promote themselves as the "team of NY".

I do understand the 50/50 split.. and that the teams are equal tenants... I'm not debating that... but the "home of...." is boldly displayed on the patch AND takes a not-so-subtle shot at the giants.

"Um", i hope that clarifies my initial post.

the only one with an inferiority complex around here is you, no one was talking about the giants until you brought them up.

I think it blows. Home of the Jets? They couldn't think of anything else to put there? The Jets unis were made awful by recent Reebok templates. They are way too cramped as it is, with the half-assed shoulder stripes, the ridiculous captain C and the unnecessary Jets patch. The only way this would be good is if it replaced the Jets patch for a year.

The Jets unis would likely look the same regardless of the manufacturer. The sleeve hemming and striping is certainly not a Reebok creation.

I think he's referring to how in the past few seasons, some players' jersey cuts look like this:

calvin-pace.jpg

Instead of there being a green/white double stripe insert on the shoulder (white/green on the whites), they have a triple stripe insert like on the Colts' jerseys so that the outermost white stripe makes the green stripe not flush against the contrasted "sleeve" panel like it's supposed to be.

What it's supposed to look like:

alg_jets_mark_sanchez2.jpg

I think it blows. Home of the Jets? They couldn't think of anything else to put there? The Jets unis were made awful by recent Reebok templates. They are way too cramped as it is, with the half-assed shoulder stripes, the ridiculous captain C and the unnecessary Jets patch. The only way this would be good is if it replaced the Jets patch for a year.

Every team has the Captain C....

eli-manning.jpg

cutler_bears.jpg

Dallas Cowboys dont have a "C" patch and i might be wrong but Oakland Raiders dont either.

Eagles dont have a "C" patch, amd im glad they dont

The Jets unis would likely look the same regardless of the manufacturer. The sleeve hemming and striping is certainly not a Reebok creation.

I think he's referring to how in the past few seasons, some players' jersey cuts look like this:

calvin-pace.jpg

Instead of there being a green/white double stripe insert on the shoulder (white/green on the whites), they have a triple stripe insert like on the Colts' jerseys so that the outermost white stripe makes the green stripe not flush against the contrasted "sleeve" panel like it's supposed to be.

What it's supposed to look like:

alg_jets_mark_sanchez2.jpg

That's interesting - I never realized they switched to the triple stripe. Is that on all jerseys, or is that lineman wearing a custom cut like many linemen do? It'd look better if the underside of the sleeve was white, instead of being a single piece of fabric continued from the side panel.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It'd look better if the underside of the sleeve was white, instead of being a single piece of fabric continued from the side panel.

It actually was that way until about 2004/5 or so, I didn't understand them making the change to green then, and I still don't.

chad-pennington-arms-raised-signed-photo.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It'd look better if the underside of the sleeve was white, instead of being a single piece of fabric continued from the side panel.

It actually was that way until about 2004/5 or so, I didn't understand them making the change to green then, and I still don't.

That was actually a template change which I'm pretty sure Reebok applied across the board for all teams that use the basic set-in sleeve template. They made it so the stretchy side panel extends all the way to the sleeve cuff, instead of the sleeve completely wrapping around. I think this happened after '05 (maybe '04, not sure) because I have an Eagles jersey from '02 (former Jet Hugh Douglass) where the sleeve is one piece, and then a Dawkins that I got in '05 that has the side-panel insert in the sleeve. So I guess in this case, it might be fare fair to blame Reebok.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That was actually a template change which I'm pretty sure Reebok applied across the board for all teams that use the basic set-in sleeve template. They made it so the stretchy side panel extends all the way to the sleeve cuff, instead of the sleeve completely wrapping around. I think this happened after '05 (maybe '04, not sure) because I have an Eagles jersey from '02 (former Jet Hugh Douglass) where the sleeve is one piece, and then a Dawkins that I got in '05 that has the side-panel insert in the sleeve. So I guess in this case, it might be fare fair to blame Reebok.

Well if it is all on Reebok that sucks. Here are two Jet replicas I zoomed in on at the armpit. One is an "earlier" Pennington and one is a "later" Curtis Martin:

th_P1010945.jpgth_P1010947.jpg

Kind of hard to tell what's going on in the first photo there - what is the white part that is between the strips connected to? I'm assuming that there's a seam around the armpit where the green side panel ends (that is how my HD jersey is). On your Martin jersey, there probably isn't any seam there.

Kind of hard to tell what's going on in the first photo there - what is the white part that is between the strips connected to? I'm assuming that there's a seam around the armpit where the green side panel ends (that is how my HD jersey is). On your Martin jersey, there probably isn't any seam there.

They both have seams. I have a Revis authentic and it's also all green up to the sleeve cuff and has a seam as well.

They both have seams. I have a Revis authentic and it's also all green up to the sleeve cuff and has a seam as well.

That's odd. I'm fairly certain that my Dawkins authentic doesn't have the seam. I'm not home right now, but I'll check tomorrow. If yours has the seam, then there's no reason why it couldn't be white. If it has the seam, it seems like that would be the Jets' fault, not Reebok's.

There are many things wrong with the current Jets look. It is way too clutered with the Jets patch. Aside from that, they either need to force Reebok to come up with a template that can somehow keep the stripes and make them look respectable (decrease the stripe thickness, make stripe inserts two stripe instead of three) or go to an entirely different look. I know Reebok wouldn't do that, as they are trying to move all teams over to their new garbage template. The current unis just don't work anymore. And yes, I think the problems with the Jets unis are FAR more eggregious than stripes cutting off on the Bears and Steelers unis.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived