New Giants (and Jets) Stadium logo

xxvnyg80

My NY Giants season tix came today and there is a logo for the new stadium on the paperwork. The Giants are calling the stadium "New Giants Stadium"

The Jets have been calling it New Jets Stadium for a while now. Thought I would pass it along.

Untitled-1.jpg

nygiants-1.png

I wonder if this specific logo will only be used for the inaugural season and we'll see another "permanent" one starting next year. Or do they simply pull off the 2010 and "Inaugural Season" portion. It's actually not bad, and switching out the Jets Logo and Green for Giants and Blue and it works well for both.

I agree, trying to force everything into an oval shape makes the Jets' version seem kind of forced, but honestly I think I like it just slightly more then the Giants version. It just seems like more of a logo, whereas the Giants version seems more like a bunch of elements thrown on top of each other. In the end it worked out for the Giants, but in terms of what makes a better logo, I think the Jets have a slight edge.

That being said, both are similar enough yet unique enough to work side-by-side. Well done New York football.

logo looks pretty good, except for that stupid "glow" around it. i guess the NYG design intern put this together

...or to have the blue elements stand out from the blue background....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I agree, trying to force everything into an oval shape makes the Jets' version seem kind of forced, but honestly I think I like it just slightly more then the Giants version. It just seems like more of a logo, whereas the Giants version seems more like a bunch of elements thrown on top of each other. In the end it worked out for the Giants, but in terms of what makes a better logo, I think the Jets have a slight edge.

That being said, both are similar enough yet unique enough to work side-by-side. Well done New York football.

You mean well done New Jersey football.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

logo looks pretty good, except for that stupid "glow" around it. i guess the NYG design intern put this together

...or to have the blue elements stand out from the blue background....

why is there a blue logo on a blue background to begin with? and the answer to the problem is to add an outer glow? for shame

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You mean well done New Jersey football.

No, I don't.

As long as these logos stay in the program guides and off the uniforms, I'm good with 'em.

Get used to disappointment. </dread_pitate_roberts>

So here's the Jets version:

145107533.jpg

Close, but not the same logo. I like the perspective better in the Jets' version, but the Giants' skyline is so much more iconic.

I'm pretty suprised no naming rights have been bought yet.

What's up with that? Especially for a NY team and stadium that just got the Super Bowl, no name? Weird.

2ly2w09.jpg

I'm sure the Jets wouldn't have any problem with that...

Of course, as long as their money is green, maybe they'd be willing to compromise.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As long as these logos stay in the program guides and off the uniforms, I'm good with 'em.

Get used to disappointment. </dread_pitate_roberts>

So here's the Jets version:

145107533.jpg

Close, but not the same logo. I like the perspective better in the Jets' version, but the Giants' skyline is so much more iconic.

The stadium looks like a car tire here.

87Redskins.png

Blame it on the economy. I suspect they're willing to hold out for a year or two to get the maximum amount when they do sign a deal. Super Bowl's not for another three plus years, after all.

I'm not the first to suggest that the perfect sponsor is out there:

jet_blue_logo_blog.jpg

Or...

gglo.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived