If the Bills moved to Toronto

Tygers09

Personally, I'd like to see something different, like the St. Pats

Too close to Patriots, I think.

oh...yeah. shoulda thought of that. moving on, I read in a thread somewhere on here that Argonauts is beloved by the Toronto populace, and because the NFL would likely spell the end of the CFL franchise, the name would need to move to the NFL. Any truth to that?

An NFL team in Toronto would mean either a) relocation or B) ceasing operations for the Argos most likely... In scenario a), the Argos backers will fight to the the death to stop the Bills from coming - Scenario B), the NFL team could end up being called the Argonauts instead of the Bills as neither BILLS or BUFFALOES has any relevence to the city of TO.

canada.png

Argonauts is one of the best nicknames in sports, and I'd welcome it in the NFL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Argonauts is one of the best nicknames in sports, and I'd welcome it in the NFL.

Yes!

Plus, let's face it if the NFL comes to town the CFL Argos are leaving, either folding or looking for someplace else to call home. I firmly believe if Rogers or MLSE (maybe the 2 joint together) would fork out the money for the rights to a name/identity that has been synonymous with Toronto football since 1873.

They'd be stupid not to.

That said, just so everyone knows, I love the Bills and I hope they stay in Buffalo.

I also love the Argos and I hope they stick around too.

The NFL in Toronto would be so cool, but i'm on the fence about it happening due to the harm it would do to the CFL and the fact that a 50,000 seat Rogers centre wouldn't be big enough so there would need to be a new stadium that would need some public money. Money that the city does not have as they went broke about 4/5 years ago.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm kind of hesitant about having a Canadian team in the NFL. Although it would be fun to travel up north to Canada to watch my Vikings, I'm not sure it will happen any time soon.

I am completely against it...for many reasons.

Despite their success record (or lack of), the Bills have one of the most loyal fanbases. I really do not think we'll ever see them move.

The next team we'll see move will be the Jags...probably to L.A., where they become the Bruisers.

87Redskins.png

I wanted people to suggest nicknames for if the Bills moved to Toronto. Instead half of the threads are of course, the cause and effect of if the Bills moved. Geez people certain have a hard time understanding the topic of discussion, or never read the what the point the first person is trying to make or asks...

If the Canadian football act was still enforced/around they wouldn't have let the Bills play in Toronto.

It was nothing but a bull :censored: act made up to prevent a second rate league threaten the CFL. The money making machine that is the NFL would and will be welcome with open arms.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived