New Ottawa Senators Logo.... With Heart

Howie

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His next what?

He's the next football player that couldn't make the NFL, decided to go into pro-wrestling, but is now washed up and tries to be in the lime-light by taking small roles in B movies?

I don't know, I can't see Hasek playing college football at his age.

1998 was was 7 years ago. WAKE UP IT'S ALMOST 2006!

damn, sens fans are thicker then i thought :rolleyes:

did you ever watch pro wrestling? if you did, then you'd know that goldberg's catch phrase was "(Insert Opponent), You're Next!"

Neon_Matrix said that Hasek would be the next player to go done on an injury, saying "hasek your next!" goldberg was one of my favorite wrestlers, so i decided to have some fun with that.

yeah, goldberg didn't have the size to make it in the nfl, what the hell does that have to do with the toronto maple leafs owning the ottawa senators? what the hell does hasek playing football have anything to do with it? NOTHING! have we completly destroyed your arguments with ACTUAL facts that you have to resort to insulting a funny image i made? wow. sens fans...shesh :wacko:

I've met some of the most dense Sens "fans" ever here. One conclusion I can tell you I have made about most Sens fans is that most dont know anything about the team they claim to support. Its quite sad and annoying, especially when some believe they have won one of the playoff meetings and dont know who Yashin was. Ugh, its turning into a full time job, schooling these "fans" is becomming something I seem to be doing alot lately. There are the few who actually know their team, but they are a rare bunch, but when it gets to the point where someone who HATES that team knows more about it then people who support it, it becomes pathetic. I guess I can also say the fact I know so much about the Sens and hockey in general is quite sad...but hey...if it gets me a job, I wont complain!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What are you talking about?!?! I know way more than you do! :cursing:

Well, you seem to think that the current Senators have won 11 Stanley Cups when they've actually won 0. That automatically proves you wrong.

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY, thing the Senators have bragging rights over the Leafs is ONE President's Trophy. THAT'S IT!!! Everything else, the Leafs have won more than the Senators. You can not prove me wrong on any of this.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I can. He said 12 Stanley Cup wins. :)

I said 12 banners, not stanley cup banners, all i was saying is we have 12 BANNERS in the corel centre and one of those 12 is a presidents trophy banner leaving 11 stanley cup banners.

Hi, how are you?

Why the hell is this topic still going? Look once Heatley and company take the Leafs out to the woodshed and beat them senseless in the playoffs this spring, Sens fans can talk plop. But until then we really can't. But Leafs fans, your day of reckoning is drawing near, and Darcy Tucker won't save you.... :hockeysmiley:

YAAAAAAAAAAA :D

Hi, how are you?

Why the hell is this topic still going? Look once Heatley and company take the Leafs out to the woodshed and beat them senseless in the playoffs this spring, Sens fans can talk plop. But until then we really can't. But Leafs fans, your day of reckoning is drawing near, and Darcy Tucker won't save you.... :hockeysmiley:

Just watch your words, because we'll be spoon feeding them to you once you realise with Lalime or not, you will still end up eating your words. Hasek wont be a savoir, he will once again be schooled by his former master. The one thing that has me happy is the Western Conference teams NOT named Colorado can own you, so even if for some magical, mystical reason we are eliminated before we get a chance to play you, I take comfort in knowing that Calgary and Vancouver can whoop your asses.

We played them once each so far.

So i guess if we beat you twice that means will whoop your hella-gay asses twice as hard!

Hi, how are you?

His next what?

He's the next football player that couldn't make the NFL, decided to go into pro-wrestling, but is now washed up and tries to be in the lime-light by taking small roles in B movies?

did you ever watch pro wrestling? if you did, then you'd know that goldberg's catch phrase was "(Insert Opponent), You're Next!"

Neon_Matrix said that Hasek would be the next player to go done on an injury, saying "hasek your next!" goldberg was one of my favorite wrestlers, so i decided to have some fun with that.

yeah, goldberg didn't have the size to make it in the nfl, what the hell does that have to do with the toronto maple leafs owning the ottawa senators? what the hell does hasek playing football have anything to do with it? NOTHING! have we completly destroyed your arguments with ACTUAL facts that you have to resort to insulting a funny image i made? wow. sens fans...shesh :wacko:

I've met some of the most dense Sens "fans" ever here. One conclusion I can tell you I have made about most Sens fans is that most dont know anything about the team they claim to support. Its quite sad and annoying, especially when some believe they have won one of the playoff meetings and dont know who Yashin was. Ugh, its turning into a full time job, schooling these "fans" is becomming something I seem to be doing alot lately. There are the few who actually know their team, but they are a rare bunch, but when it gets to the point where someone who HATES that team knows more about it then people who support it, it becomes pathetic. I guess I can also say the fact I know so much about the Sens and hockey in general is quite sad...but hey...if it gets me a job, I wont complain!!

Oh I can't beLEAF you guys can't take a joke.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

His next what?

Honestly :rolleyes:

Hi, how are you?

Well, you seem to think that the current Senators have won 11 Stanley Cups when they've actually won 0. That automatically proves you wrong.

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY, thing the Senators have bragging rights over the Leafs is ONE President's Trophy. THAT'S IT!!! Everything else, the Leafs have won more than the Senators. You can not prove me wrong on any of this.

I said 12 banners, not stanley cup banners, all i was saying is we have 12 BANNERS in the corel centre and one of those 12 is a presidents trophy banner leaving 11 stanley cup banners.

*sigh* look at the pic I posted on the other page and count how many "Stanley Cup" banners are hanging up there. If you say more then 9, I will conclude Mike Harris really F*ed ya over when you were learning math...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

OK listen. You know what really "grinds my gears" about leaf fans is the boo-ing of Daniel Alfredsson because of the fake stick-throwing gesture it was a joke. It's not as bad as actually throwing the stick and hitting some guy in the nose. We don't boo your Captain for actually throwing it and hitting the poor guy. OR one time at the ACC the kiss cam went on Alfy and Fisher and fisher gave a smooch right on the captain's helmet. But when we did it at the Corel Centre, Thomas and some other guy didnt even smile.

It shows that Toronto fans and players have no humour what so ever

Hi, how are you?

*sigh* look at the pic I posted on the other page and count how many "Stanley Cup" banners are hanging up there. If you say more then 9, I will conclude Mike Harris really F*ed ya over when you were learning math...

I know my bad, they dont have the one's from the Ottawa Silver 7 i think they won 2 and thats why the Hockey News Yearbook put 11.

Sorry

Hi, how are you?

His next what?

Its not my fault you guys are SENSless when it comes to knowing what a joke is and what not knowing anything about your team is. :)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

His next what?

Its not my fault you guys are SENSless when it comes to knowing what a joke is and what not knowing anything about your team is. :)

What the Hell are you talking about we just said it was a joke!

Hi, how are you?

But I thought you said we never won the Stanley Cup.

poke-poke Mr Bear

I know my bad, they dont have the one's from the Ottawa Silver 7 i think they won 2 and thats why the Hockey News Yearbook put 11.

Sorry

Your partly correct, if you look, in 1906 the Ottawa Senators (no relation to the current ones) split the cup with the Montreal Wanderers and again in 1910. So they did win the cup 11 times, but two of those victories were split victories, hence why they arent counted. In actuality, none of those banners should even be there. B)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

poke-poke Mr Bear

:D:hockeysmiley:

Hi, how are you?

poke-poke Mr Bear.

*sigh* I pointed out the fact that there are 9 Stanley Cup banners hanging, not they they belonged to the team whos hanging them. :) so Poke Poke Mr. Friar

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I'm on neither side of this particularly.  I was just taking a shot at your grammatical skills.    ^_^

I see that you did fix it, however.

Oh, yeah, and this is no longer about logos...

thanks for pointing that out to me. can't believe i missed that.

no problem, my comments were in regards to friarcanuck, not you.

Your partly correct, if you look, in 1906 they split the cup with the Montreal Wanderers and again in 1910. So they did "win" the cup, 11 times, but they were split victories so they are not counted. But yet again, none of those 9 banners are consiered to be from the current Sens. B)

There was no "split" as you call it. Back then the Stanley Cup was a Challenge Cup. So both are Cup wins.

Your partly correct, if you look, in 1906 they split the cup with the Montreal Wanderers and again in 1910. So they did "win" the cup, 11 times, but they were split victories so they are not counted. But yet again, none of those 9 banners are consiered to be from the current Sens.  B)

There was no "split" as you call it. Back then the Stanley Cup was a Challenge Cup. So both are Cup wins.

Two victors were awarded the same prize, therefore it can be considered a shared victory, and it is those 2 wins which are not represented by banners. So it looks like I'm not the only one who doesnt see those 2 wins as concluding a difinitive victor. I know it was a challenge cup, but it still doesnt explain why 2 finalists would be named while at the same time it was rare 2 names would appear on the cup at once.

To quote my friend Wikipedia again:

It was originally used as the trophy given out to the top amateur hockey team in Canada, decided by the acceptance of a challenge from another team by the Cup holders and trustees.

Lord Stanley had made several preliminary regulations regarding the Cup:

The Cup also acted as the league championship of the league that the champion belonged in.

The Cup was not the property of any given team at any given time.

The Cup trustees have the final say on disputes should there be any on who the Cup holder should be.

Challengers for the Cup must have won their league championship.

The challenge games (where the Cup could change leagues) were to be decided either in one game affair, a two-game total goals affair, or a best of three series, to the benefit of both teams involved. All matches would take place on the home ice of the champions, although specific dates and times would have to be approved by the trustees.

Ticket receipts from the challenge games were to be split equally between both teams.

A league may not challenge for the Cup twice in one season.

The Cup champions have the responsibility to return the Cup in good condition when required by the trustees.

The Cup champions could add a silver ring to the Cup to commemorate their Cup victory.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

poke-poke Mr Bear.

*sigh* I pointed out the fact that there are 9 Stanley Cup banners hanging, not they they belonged to the team whos hanging them. :) so Poke Poke Mr. Friar

excatly.

yeah, you guys have 9 cup banners. funny thing about those banners, YOUR TEAM DIDN'T WIN THEM. the ottawa senators of today started opperations in 1993, and have won a total of 0 cups. just because a team that USED to play in your city won something dosn't mean it belongs to a new team. the leafs have won 13 cups. using the logic the senators use we could claim a 14th cup, because there used to be a team here called the blue shirts that won one. but we don't claim that 14th cup because the blue shirts and the maple leafs are TWO SEPERATE TEAMS, much like the ottawa senatos that moved to st. louis, then folded in 1934 and the ottawa senators of today. THEY won those cups, not an expansion team in 1993.

the funny thing about the senators (who started play in 1993, and have zero cups). they were not the only expansion team in 1993, the other team belonged to tampa bay. so your beloved senators are no older then the lightning. your own team agrees with this, because during the bolts 10th year anniversery, the sens also celebrated their 10th anniversey.

since 1993 the senators have made the playoffs 8 times. in that time their expansion brothers the lightning have made the playoffs a mere 3 times. yet the bolts already have one cup, while the sens can't seem to get past the maple leafs.

they've met the leafs 4 times in the playoffs, and we've beaten you each time. don't feel bad, boston can't beat montreal (montreal leads the playoff match up 24 series to 2, or something like that). point is, some teams just have trouble beating one praticular team in the playoffs. don't worry sens fans, i'm sure you guys will get your first cup sooner or later...when you don't meet the leafs in the playoffs.

Archived