New Ottawa Senators Logo.... With Heart

Howie

You really cant compare anything from before the current Seantors became a team. So to compare the two from the 1992-1993 season on here we go...

The Sens have won 3 Division titles, 1 Presidents trophy and have an overall record of 402-442-115-22 for a total of 941 points

As for the Leafs, they have won 1 divsion title, no Presidents trophys and have an overall record of 476-378-112-18 for a total of 1082 points.

The Sens have more success banners wise raising 4 as compared to 1 for the Leafs but the overall advantage goes to the Leafs. You also cant forget that the Sens were an expansion team and those first few years were horrible.

You left out the results between Toronto and Ottawa in the playoffs :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really cant compare anything from before the current Seantors became a team.  So to compare the two from the 1992-1993 season on here we go...

The Sens have won 3 Division titles, 1 Presidents trophy and have an overall record of 402-442-115-22 for a total of 941 points

As for the Leafs, they have won 1 divsion title, no Presidents trophys and have an overall record of 476-378-112-18 for a total of 1082 points. 

The Sens have more success banners wise raising 4 as compared to 1 for the Leafs but the overall advantage goes to the Leafs.  You also cant forget that the Sens were an expansion team and those first few years were horrible.

You left out the results between Toronto and Ottawa in the playoffs :P

4-0 WHAT???

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

we have 12 and one of those is a president's trophy u have one more piece of fabric than us. wow that should obviosly make u better than us. HA!!!

yes, you have 11 cup banners....that your team didn't win. congrats.

Tis a shame the poor kid cant put a proper sentence together nor count nor know anything about the history of his favorite team. If only he knew his team is from 1993 and the banners it raised are from a completely different team from 60 years earlier. Tis a shame Ottawa tends to name their new teams after previous failed teams.

I'm 19 1 year older than you

Hi, how are you?

we have 12 and one of those is a president's trophy u have one more piece of fabric than us. wow that should obviosly make u better than us. HA!!!

yes, you have 11 cup banners....that your team didn't win. congrats.

Tis a shame the poor kid cant put a proper sentence together nor count nor know anything about the history of his favorite team. If only he knew his team is from 1993 and the banners it raised are from a completely different team from 60 years earlier. Tis a shame Ottawa tends to name their new teams after previous failed teams.

I'm 19 1 year older than you

Maybe so, but I seem to know more about YOUR team then you do, which is quite sad if I dont say so myself. :P Well hell, half of the people who talk about the Sens arent even Sens fans and know alot about them.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What are you talking about?!?! I know way more than you do! :cursing:

"we have 12 and one of those is a president's trophy u have one more piece of fabric than us. wow that should obviosly make u better than us. HA!!!"

12 eh? I could have sworn it was 9. Or to be more exact, zip, zero, notta!

Trust me, Yashin and Daigle would agree that I seem to know more about my enemy then you know about your team. :P

To quote Wikipedia:

Founded: 1992-93 (franchise awarded December 6, 1990)

Arena: Corel Centre (capacity 19,311)

Former Home Arena: Ottawa Civic Centre (1992-1995)

Uniform colours: black, red, white

Logo design: Roman legionnaire

Division titles won: 3 (1998-99, 2000-01, 2002-03)

President's Trophies won: 1 (2003)

League championships won: 0

Rival(s): Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens

Minor league affiliates: Binghamton Senators (AHL), Charlotte Checkers (ECHL)

One of the greatest and most famous teams of the early years of hockey, the Ottawa Senators existed from 1901 to 1934 -- winning nine Stanley Cups in that time -- before folding as a casualty of the Great Depression.

- That Franchise as the Sens won 9 cups, not these mythical 12!

Stanley Cup Champions by Franchise

The following is a list of Stanley Cup champions since 1915, the year the cup was first awarded on an annual basis. Prior to 1915 it was a "challenge" cup: teams could challenge the champion throughout the year, so there was no clear annual winner.

Note: Arenas and St. Patricks are former names of the Toronto Maple Leafs; they are listed only under "Maple Leafs." Further, the Ottawa Senators team cited is the original franchise that folded in 1935; the current Senators have won no Cups.

Franchise Championships

Montreal Canadiens 24

Toronto Maple Leafs 13

Detroit Red Wings 10

Boston Bruins 5

Edmonton Oilers 5

Ottawa Senators 4

New York Islanders 4

New York Rangers 4

New Jersey Devils 3

Chicago Blackhawks 3

Philadelphia Flyers 2

Colorado Avalanche 2

Pittsburgh Penguins 2

Montreal Maroons 2

Dallas Stars 1

Tampa Bay Lightning 1

Calgary Flames 1

Victoria Cougars 1

Seattle Metropolitans 1

Vancouver Millionaires 1

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Well, you seem to think that the current Senators have won 11 Stanley Cups when they've actually won 0. That automatically proves you wrong.

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY, thing the Senators have bragging rights over the Leafs is ONE President's Trophy. THAT'S IT!!! Everything else, the Leafs have won more than the Senators. You can not prove me wrong on any of this.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well, you seem to think that the current Senators have won 11 Stanley Cups when they've actually won 0. That automatically proves you wrong.

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY, thing the Senators have bragging rights over the Leafs is ONE President's Trophy. THAT'S IT!!! Everything else, the Leafs have won more than the Senators. You can not prove me wrong on any of this.

I can. He said 12 Stanley Cup wins. :)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Actually, he was referring to the number of banners hanging. He said one of those twelve was for a President's Trophy.

And just because you're a year older than someone doesn't mean you're smarter than them. James Craven was 42 and he was easily the dumbest :censored: to ever post on this boards.

:D

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Actually, he was referring to the number of banners hanging. He said one of those twelve was for a President's Trophy.

And just because you're a year older than someone doesn't mean you're smarter than them. James Craven was 42 and he was easily the dumbest :censored: to ever post on this boards.

:D

Ottawa056.jpg

I count 13 banners in total, including the 2 "number retiries".

Wow, its amazing how they even manage to put the wrong logos on those jerseys!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Ottawa056.jpg

I count 13 banners in total, including the 2 "number retiries".

Wow, its amazing how they even manage to put the wrong logos on those jerseys!!

11 + presidents trophy banner = 12

My bad, Well...9 Stanley Cup banners, then 2 division championship ones plus a Presidents Trophy one...so yes, 12, but only 3 of them should rightfully be hanging there...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Why the hell is this topic still going? Look once Heatley and company take the Leafs out to the woodshed and beat them senseless in the playoffs this spring, Sens fans can talk plop. But until then we really can't. But Leafs fans, your day of reckoning is drawing near, and Darcy Tucker won't save you.... :hockeysmiley:

Eastern Conference Standings:

1. Ottawa 46

2. NY Rangers 44

3. Carolina 38

4. Buffalo 39

5. Philadelphia 38

6. Tampa Bay 37

7. Montreal 35

8. Toronto 35

If things hold up, we may have ourselves Toronto/Ottawa series in the first round ... like that will settle this feud.

6uXNWAo.png

Why the hell is this topic still going? Look once Heatley and company take the Leafs out to the woodshed and beat them senseless in the playoffs this spring, Sens fans can talk plop. But until then we really can't. But Leafs fans, your day of reckoning is drawing near, and Darcy Tucker won't save you.... :hockeysmiley:

Just watch your words, because we'll be spoon feeding them to you once you realise with Lalime or not, you will still end up eating your words. Hasek wont be a savoir, he will once again be schooled by his former master. The one thing that has me happy is the Western Conference teams NOT named Colorado can own you, so even if for some magical, mystical reason we are eliminated before we get a chance to play you, I take comfort in knowing that Calgary and Vancouver can whoop your asses.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I agree on all counts... I'm enjoying it while it lasts :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

His next what?

He's the next football player that couldn't make the NFL, decided to go into pro-wrestling, but is now washed up and tries to be in the lime-light by taking small roles in B movies?

I don't know, I can't see Hasek playing college football at his age.

1998 was was 7 years ago. WAKE UP IT'S ALMOST 2006!

damn, sens fans are thicker then i thought :rolleyes:

did you ever watch pro wrestling? if you did, then you'd know that goldberg's catch phrase was "(Insert Opponent), You're Next!"

Neon_Matrix said that Hasek would be the next player to go done on an injury, saying "hasek your next!" goldberg was one of my favorite wrestlers, so i decided to have some fun with that.

yeah, goldberg didn't have the size to make it in the nfl, what the hell does that have to do with the toronto maple leafs owning the ottawa senators? what the hell does hasek playing football have anything to do with it? NOTHING! have we completly destroyed your arguments with ACTUAL facts that you have to resort to insulting a funny image i made? wow. sens fans...shesh :wacko:

I'm on neither side of this particularly. I was just taking a shot at your grammatical skills. ^_^

I see that you did fix it, however.

Oh, yeah, and this is no longer about logos...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Mmmmmmhhh... je vois les fils (Senateurs et Maple Leafs) combattre là-bas.

Prenez-le facile ! ;)

Signature : Papá Canadien

(C'est une plaisanterie!)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived