New Ottawa Senators Logo.... With Heart

Howie

But I thought you said we never won the Stanley Cup.

poke-poke Mr Bear.

*sigh* I pointed out the fact that there are 9 Stanley Cup banners hanging, not they they belonged to the team whos hanging them. :) so Poke Poke Mr. Friar

excatly.

yeah, you guys have 9 cup banners. funny thing about those banners, YOUR TEAM DIDN'T WIN THEM. the ottawa senators of today started opperations in 1993, and have won a total of 0 cups. just because a team that USED to play in your city won something dosn't mean it belongs to a new team. the leafs have won 13 cups. using the logic the senators use we could claim a 14th cup, because there used to be a team here called the blue shirts that won one. but we don't claim that 14th cup because the blue shirts and the maple leafs are TWO SEPERATE TEAMS, much like the ottawa senatos that moved to st. louis, then folded in 1934 and the ottawa senators of today. THEY won those cups, not an expansion team in 1993.

the funny thing about the senators (who started play in 1993, and have zero cups). they were not the only expansion team in 1993, the other team belonged to tampa bay. so your beloved senators are no older then the lightning. your own team agrees with this, because during the bolts 10th year anniversery, the sens also celebrated their 10th anniversey.

since 1993 the senators have made the playoffs 8 times. in that time their expansion brothers the lightning have made the playoffs a mere 3 times. yet the bolts already have one cup, while the sens can't seem to get past the maple leafs.

they've met the leafs 4 times in the playoffs, and we've beaten you each time. don't feel bad, boston can't beat montreal (montreal leads the playoff match up 24 series to 2, or something like that). point is, some teams just have trouble beating one praticular team in the playoffs. don't worry sens fans, i'm sure you guys will get your first cup sooner or later...when you don't meet the leafs in the playoffs.

Oh your lucky you only have to deal with this stuff on here, where I am right now there are alot of "sens fans" so I gotta school them on a regular basis on the history of their team and my team. Its draining, but it has to be done!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But I thought you said we never won the Stanley Cup.

poke-poke Mr Bear.

*sigh* I pointed out the fact that there are 9 Stanley Cup banners hanging, not they they belonged to the team whos hanging them. :) so Poke Poke Mr. Friar

excatly.

yeah, you guys have 9 cup banners. funny thing about those banners, YOUR TEAM DIDN'T WIN THEM. the ottawa senators of today started opperations in 1993, and have won a total of 0 cups. just because a team that USED to play in your city won something dosn't mean it belongs to a new team. the leafs have won 13 cups. using the logic the senators use we could claim a 14th cup, because there used to be a team here called the blue shirts that won one. but we don't claim that 14th cup because the blue shirts and the maple leafs are TWO SEPERATE TEAMS, much like the ottawa senatos that moved to st. louis, then folded in 1934 and the ottawa senators of today. THEY won those cups, not an expansion team in 1993.

the funny thing about the senators (who started play in 1993, and have zero cups). they were not the only expansion team in 1993, the other team belonged to tampa bay. so your beloved senators are no older then the lightning. your own team agrees with this, because during the bolts 10th year anniversery, the sens also celebrated their 10th anniversey.

since 1993 the senators have made the playoffs 8 times. in that time their expansion brothers the lightning have made the playoffs a mere 3 times. yet the bolts already have one cup, while the sens can't seem to get past the maple leafs.

they've met the leafs 4 times in the playoffs, and we've beaten you each time. don't feel bad, boston can't beat montreal (montreal leads the playoff match up 24 series to 2, or something like that). point is, some teams just have trouble beating one praticular team in the playoffs. don't worry sens fans, i'm sure you guys will get your first cup sooner or later...when you don't meet the leafs in the playoffs.

Oh your lucky you only have to deal with this stuff on here, where I am right now there are alot of "sens fans" so I gotta school them on a regular basis on the history of their team and my team. Its draining, but it has to be done!

Don't stop spreading the word, my brother. The heritc that is the Sens fan MUST be enlightened, at any cost! Can I get an AMEN!?!?!?

~EDIT~

Just thought of something. No active team in the NHL has any legitament claim to the original Senators 9 Cup wins. HOWEVER if any team were to claim those 9 Cups it would be the St. Louis Blues, seeing as it was in the city of St. Louis that the orginal Sens team called home before dying.

Note: I am not saying that the Blues have 9 Cup wins, just that they have just as much right to claim the history of the original Senators then the current Senators.

The original Ottawa Senators/Silver Seven died in 1934 as the St. Louis Eagles. They died, and they tok their history to the grave. Sens fans, stop claiming history that isn't yours :cursing:

Two victors were awarded the same prize, therefore it can be considered a shared victory, and it is those 2 wins which are not represented by banners. So it looks like I'm not the only one who doesnt see those 2 wins as concluding a difinitive victor. I know it was a challenge cup, but it still doesnt explain why 2 finalists would be named while at the same time it was rare 2 names would appear on the cup at once.

The 1906 and 1910 banners are missing cause your picture is not current enough. I may be wrong but I'm sure they're up there since the last time I was in the Corel Centre (March 2003)

As for having two Cup winners in one year during the Challenge era is because the Ottawa Silver Seven won it in 1903 and defended the cup from nine challengers until the Montreal Wanderers beat them in March 1906.

Each team that held the Cup during a year won in fair and square.

Where's Scotty Morrison when you need him?

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Two victors were awarded the same prize, therefore it can be considered a shared victory, and it is those 2 wins which are not represented by banners. So it looks like I'm not the only one who doesnt see those 2 wins as concluding a difinitive victor. I know it was a challenge cup, but it still doesnt explain why 2 finalists would be named while at the same time it was rare 2 names would appear on the cup at once.

The 1906 and 1910 banners are missing cause your picture is not current enough. I may be wrong but I'm sure they're up there since the last time I was in the Corel Centre (March 2003)

As for having two Cup winners in one year during the Challenge era is because the Ottawa Silver Seven won it in 1903 and defended the cup from nine challengers until the Montreal Wanderers beat them in March 1906.

Each team that held the Cup during a year won in fair and square.

Where's Scotty Morrison when you need him?

Why are you even debating this? Even if the Sens do have 11 cups banners, it dosn't change the fact that IT WASN'T YOUR TEAM THAT WON THEM!

Are we bringing this up again? Fine I'll bite if it makes you happy

Even thought the Maple Leafs have won 13 Cup (1 as Arenas, 1 as St. Patricks and 11 as the Maple Leafs), you haven't won one since 1967. What's your excuse? The Blackhawks have made it to the final in 1992 and they haven't won a Cup since 1961!

A teams history should not be scraped because they change names or move. The current Ottawa Senators taking the history of the original Senators/Silver Seven is a bad attempt at getting legitamacy in the NHL as an expansion team, while still 'honoring' Ottawa's hockey past.

The Browns history belongs to Baltimore, not the expansion team.

The current Washington Nationals has Montreal's history, not Minnesota's or Texas'.

the current Montreal Alouettes has the Baltimore Stallions history, not the old Alouettes/Concordes history.

In theory, if the Tampa Bay Lightning decide to move Winnipeg and win the next Stanley Cup, they have two. One from Tampa and one from Winnipeg. A teams history isn't destroyed because they moved.

As for the Stanley Cup debate, the total Stanley Cup list should be as follows:

Montreal Canadiens 24

Toronto Maple Leafs 13 (11 Maple Leafs, 1 St. Patricks, 1 Arenas)

Detroit Red Wings 11 (10 Red Wings, 1 Victoria Cougars)

Ottawa Senators 11 (7 Senators, 4 Silver Seven)

So I guess you weren't reading this thread back in November.

Now excuse me, I have to make KD.

Even thought the Maple Leafs have won 13 Cup (1 as Arenas, 1 as St. Patricks and 11 as the Maple Leafs), you haven't won one since 1967. What's your excuse? The Blackhawks have made it to the final in 1992 and they haven't won a Cup since 1961!

The current Ottawa Senators never made the Finals ever. Their excuse is the same...they have been unable to beat every team they face in a single playoff year, because that other team has proved that they are superior.

And the city of Ottawa hasn't won the Cup since 1927, a longer drought than Toronto by FORTY YEARS!!! What's your excuse? (And as I mentioned before, being forced to fold because of the Depression is NOT an excuse because six other teams managed to survive regardless.)

And the logo on those Cup banners currently hanging in Ottawa are incorrect because that logo never existed before 1992. Never mind that it was a completely different team that COINCIDENTALLY happens to have the same name.

--Roger "Likes the Sens in spite of their fans" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The current Ottawa Senators never made the Finals ever. Their excuse is the same...they have been unable to beat every team they face in a single playoff year, because that other team has proved that they are superior.

And the city of Ottawa hasn't won the Cup since 1927, a longer drought than Toronto by FORTY YEARS!!! What's your excuse? (And as I mentioned before, being forced to fold because of the Depression is NOT an excuse because six other teams managed to survive regardless.)

And the logo on those Cup banners currently hanging in Ottawa are incorrect because that logo never existed before 1992. Never mind that it was a completely different team that COINCIDENTALLY happens to have the same name.

So we're all slightly above average?

senators1.jpg

If you want to honor the team who won those cups, use the proper logo.

The Leafs use the St. Pats logo and Arenas logos on their cup wins, along with each corresponding leaf from the jersey of the year they won the cup. This is honoring a previous teams accomplishments, not slappin some new logo on someone elses win.

04_03_03_019.sized.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

senators1.jpg

The Leafs use the St. Pats logo and Arenas logos on their cup wins, along with each corresponding leaf from the jersey of the year they won the cup. This is honoring a previous teams accomplishments, not slappin some new logo on someone elses win.

So go cry about it to the league or the team. I don't flipping care!

senators1.jpg

If you don't care then why are you arguing with us? Hummm?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

senators1.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh..............oh forget it. You guys win, I guess you were right all along.

senators1.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh..............oh forget it. You guys win, I guess you were right all along.

Dammmn right, hail to the cheif!

Don't worry, we'll see what happens on saturday, I predict we will get a royal whoopin, but who knows.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Evidence #4630646555357 that sarcasm does not travel throught the internet.

Fine, guess its time to whip out the sarcasam brackets!!! [sARCASAM] [/sARCASAM].

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Just thought I'd post this little emoticon for kicks:

leafscup.gif

OMG ITS MATS SUNDIN!!!!

Besides that obvious point, did anyone hear about the Sens game tonight? I think they got a shut-out...I mean got shut-out, by Turco and his Stars. If I remember correctly, when Toronto played them, they were able to muster A goal, while Ottawa, well, I think the team has finally succumb to ED...poor kids need some Viagra to give their "boost" back. I've been saying all along, they weren't gonna keep dominating once they started to play some good teams.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived