An Alternate Universe's New Orleans Saints

robbman21

Since February I've been thinking about doing this one outside of the mega-project that's blown away all my expectations as far as how well it's been recieved and the feedback and good words I've gotten from it. I had chosen what teams were which way back before the Giants ever upset the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII, so it was a big coincidence when our Colts became their Saints and then ended-up facing off in Super Bowl XLIV a couple of months later. Our Saints are not their Colts, that's yet to be revealed, but what if in another world somewhere, the team we know as the Saints really are the Colts?? I'm guessing this is exactly how they would look. I wanted to take a break from the two series and throw another twist and kink into the infinite alternate reality that my mind explores both daily and nightly. I think this is really Army-ish, but I'll let you guys decide. I do love the simplicity of the two-color scheme and I think in another world this helmet is looked at as an untouchable classic. But that's in another world. In this world, enjoy...

Saints1.png

SaintsLogo.png

98Falcons.png

I love it, as I do all your alternate universe concepts. I love the way this works with two colors plus white rather than the colts one other color (which looks great as well). But the fact that there are two other colors gives this a great look.

Nice work.

RockiesSig.png

Technically, the Colts have a one-color scheme (white isn't a "color"), but that doesn't make either their uniform or this one any less gorgeous. Awesome. Even if this wasn't a "take a team's uniforms and give them another team's identity" project, there isn't a thing I would change, besides maybe the wordmark.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I love the simplicity of the fleur-de-lis helmet logo that pays homage to the simplistic Colts horseshoe. Everything here looks like it could've been a classic design had it been used by the Saints in real life.

Nice work. Again.

Punch9

I've been thinking for a few years now that this is the helmet the saints should be wearing, I just never got around to making the visual. Glad to know it looks just as good as I thought. I know you're trying to mimic the Colts here, but I can't help but think that the pants would look better with a single stripe like the helmet (and like the Colts' throwback pants!).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived