Logo News From The Grapevine

the_cynic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Obviously you don't know George Shinn, Ray Wooldridge, and company.  The Hornets will go down as one of the worst managed franchises in all of professional sports, ever.  They really don't get it."

Then again, I don't get the Bidwells [Cardinals] in Arizona, the Wirtz [blackhawks] family in Chicago, the Brown [bengals] clan in Cincinnati, or Donald Sterling in Clipperland. And of course, with the whole Eli Manning debacle, you just might add the Spanos family [Lightning Dolts] in San Diego.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

old_utah_jazz_logo.jpg

"Yes, Utah, widely known for their jazz." :D

"They sure are. I love the classic Utah jazz songs 'At Home With My Many Wives' and 'This Water Ain't Salty Enough.' (Note: I made these up.)"

OMG, I'm ROTFLMMFAO!!! When I thought of "Utah Jazz" at first, my mind was thinking more along the lines of The Morman Tabernacle Choir singing the songs made famous by Lawernce Welk and his Champagne Music Makers! But I'm way OT on this.:notworthy:

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I think he was bemoaning the fact that the Hornets retired his jersey.

That's exactly what I was saying!

Pistol is a legend. Especially in New Orleans. I understand why they did it and i see no problem with it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think he was bemoaning the fact that the Hornets retired his jersey.

That's exactly what I was saying!

Pistol is a legend. Especially in New Orleans. I understand why they did it and i see no problem with it.

That maybe so but he still never played for the Hornets franchise. If everyone was allowed to do this then it would create a lot of messes.

Do the Bobcats get to retired #23 just because Michael Jordan is from North Carolina?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think the retired #'s should go with the franchise, not the city.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I seem to be in the minority at this board about the Bucks purple, but at a lifelong Bucks fan, I hate it.

For one it makes no sense because nothing in the forest is purple. Also, most Wisconsinites see purple as the Vikings color, so what they were smokin' when they chose it, I have no idea.

Anyway, I thought now might be a good time to post a Bucks concept I drew up a couple months ago.

red_gold.gif

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Aww, your going with the "Denver Nuggets" method. I do like the new designs though. It's a good upgrade and adding some red makes it stand out too. Can I make a suggestion though, using red & green could make the Bucks look like "Reindeer". These could be considered as Christmas uniforms.

Retired Number's To Come

MilTown.........

I love your concept. I completely agree with you, these should be the colors of the Bucks, not purple. Besides, I was pretty sure the usage of Vikes purple on the Bucks part didnt go over to well with people in Packer country. Now you just affirmed that for me.

But, I feel if your gonna go retro with the Bucks, you need to make one of there secondary logos the primary logo. The "Horns and B-Ball" logo is simply one of the best in basketball today. It's traditional look would go perfectly for your retro theme.

B0000AE7SP.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._AA500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

If your going to use this logo, I suggest you make a little alteration..........make the basketball red cause it would look closest to a real basketball. I hate these teams that color there basketball's like the Grizz upcoming gold basketball in the bear and claw logo they will use for the new logo. The "Background triangle" should be green to convey the forest effect, and the horns should be gold cuase real Buck horns are a brown-ish color anyways. Thus gold horns would make sense.........

NYCdog.png

MilTown.........

I love your concept. I completely agree with you, these should be the colors of the Bucks, not purple. Besides, I was pretty sure the usage of Vikes purple on the Bucks part didnt go over to well with people in Packer country. Now you just affirmed that for me.

But, I feel if your gonna go retro with the Bucks, you need to make one of there secondary logos the primary logo. The "Horns and B-Ball" logo is simply one of the best in basketball today. It's traditional look would go perfectly for your retro theme.

B0000AE7SP.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._AA500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

If your going to use this logo, I suggest you make a little alteration..........make the basketball red cause it would look closest to a real basketball. I hate these teams that color there basketball's like the Grizz upcoming gold basketball in the bear and claw logo they will use for the new logo. The "Background triangle" should be green to convey the forest effect, and the horns should be gold cuase real Buck horns are a brown-ish color anyways. Thus gold horns would make sense.........

Does anyone know what the new Grizzlies changes will look like?

Retired Number's To Come

yes....very cool. pantone posted the color scheme in a previous thread.....the bear head is much simpler and much cooler.....straight on view of the head.....that's all the info i'll give.

yes....very cool. pantone posted the color scheme in a previous thread.....the bear head is much simpler and much cooler.....straight on view of the head.....that's all the info i'll give.

Well that's all the info he really gave.

Retired Number's To Come

they're antlers, man...bulls have horns not deer :D

Umm........Yeah, those thingey's. Antler's, horns......what's the difference? Well okay, its kinda hard to imagine Rudolph or Bambi with bull horns...... :wacko:

You know, speaking of Rudolph (some of you know where this is heading)........I just though of a wicked idea for the Buck "Christmas-ey" look. Give that Buck a red nose......it would be a real winner with children in the merchandising department and fit perfectly for Christmas time.

And having good ole' Rudolph as your team's mascot, that would be good for all the kiddies its meant for.

Imagine Rudolph........riding around the court on a Harley with a hot cheerleader hanging all over hime. I'm pretty sure his nose wont be the only thing that's red.........

NYCdog.png

they're antlers, man...bulls have horns not deer :D

Umm........Yeah, those thingey's. Antler's, horns......what's the difference? Well okay, its kinda hard to imagine Rudolph or Bambi with bull horns...... :wacko:

You know, speaking of Rudolph (some of you know where this is heading)........I just though of a wicked idea for the Buck "Christmas-ey" look. Give that Buck a red nose......it would be a real winner with children in the merchandising department and fit perfectly for Christmas time.

And having good ole' Rudolph as your team's mascot, that would be good for all the kiddies its meant for.

Imagine Rudolph........riding around the court on a Harley with a hot cheerleader hanging all over hime. I'm pretty sure his nose wont be the only thing that's red.........

That's my wet dream!

Retired Number's To Come

Aww, your going with the "Denver Nuggets" method. I do like the new designs though. It's a good upgrade and adding some red makes it stand out too. Can I make a suggestion though, using red & green could make the Bucks look like "Reindeer". These could be considered as Christmas uniforms.

It's not exactly the Nugs' route. I changed the font to be more consisitent with the Bucks' floor art. Look at it next time the Bucks are on TV (which is about as often as Tim Thomas turns down the chance to go to a titty bar), it's a big difference.

I also made the letterhead smaller and the numbers bigger. But that might not be as obvious as I thought.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived