Logo News From The Grapevine

the_cynic

With the NBA season winding up I was just curious if anyone has heard of any plans to change any uniforms, logos, courts, etc. for the 2004-05 NBA season. I know through my inside sources with the Utah Jazz that they plan to change their colors & logo within the next year for the 2005-06 season but is there any rumors as to what will go on with the rest of the league? The only changes I'm aware of for the 2004-05 season is the Charlotte Bobcats coming in but somebody please tell me that the Warriors, Wizards, & Bucks plan to do something in the near future.

old_utah_jazz_logo.jpg

(I'm pretty sure the Jazz will be shooting for something close to the original look)

charlotte_bobcats.jpg:puke:

hideous_logos.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jazz could use a change... of name...

The Bucks could use an update, but nothing too drastic.

The Wizards and Warriors IMO have decent looks. They're unique, a little futuristic, but not requiring a change.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'll give you props for your comments but I think it'll be a long time before the "Utah Jazz" become anything else. We all know there's better names that would fit Utah and please don't mention any but the "Jazz" have really caught on in Utah and it'll be a cold day in hell before that changes within the organization. This is kind of off topic but it really bites my butt that Pete Maravich has his number retired by an organzation that he's never played for.

I think the Bucks could use a nice overall. I'm sure they'll keep the traditional green and purple but something needs to be done.

I'll admit that the Wizards and Warriors logos are fine for now but how about those Warriors away jerseys?

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

i figure i might as well get my AK47 jersey before the end of next year then :D

the Bucks, although i'm okay with the current scheme i'd like to see green be the primary color again...i'm merely hoping for switching around the green and purple so that green's main, purple's secondary.

Bobcats-sucked when it was unveiled, still sucks. let's just hope they have a decent uniform cus nothing can save the logo.

Wizards-i'm okay with it. nothin that needs changing, IMO, seeing as they don't plan on going back to Bullets anytime soon :cry:

Warriors: JESUS DO SOMETHING!!! i dunno, this identity is just...ideas that were executed without thinking. not "not thinking it through," or "not thinking about how the logo would go with anything." just no thinking involved in this crapload...just, i dunno, here's a fresh sheet of paper. :therock:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

W/o opening the can o' worms that is the Suns' uniforms, I must say -- the Bucks' green-and-purple travesties must go.

As for the Wizards, I kinda dig the uniforms. The color scheme is nice. But the logo looks like it was made of construction paper. Yick.

Yes, the grizzle should be switching, I believe PANTONE may have leaked their snazzy new color scheme.

The jazz need to stick with the black, and bronze, and add something else. maybe keep the purple, they arent exactly a joke of a franchise that needs a TOTAL overhall, just a logo overhaul.

Im with Sy and others, the Wiz are ok, but the Warriors need to ditch the Red-Orange, and the logo on the back left leg, ala Kriss Kross.

I like the Jazz current logo it fits for Utah, but they still need a name change.

The Wizard logo is terrible it does need a change, the Bobcats logo does not bothe rme though.

However what is worng with the Warriors and Bucks I think they are great logos.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This is kind of off topic but it really bites my butt that Pete Maravich has his number retired by an organzation that he's never played for.

If you're talking about the Jazz being the organization that he never played for then you're wrong no matter how you slice it.

Pete Maravich played for the Jazz beginning in 1974. While he certainly had his highs and lows he stuck with the team until January 1980 (after the franchise moved from New Orleans to Utah in 1979). He only played 17 games with the Jazz after the move before he was waived and subsequently signed with the Celtics.

So, to wrap things up, Pete Maravich played for the New Orleans Jazz for six seasons. The franchise was the same one that set up shop in Utah in 1979. Plus, he played 17 games after the franchise had moved.

Now that's just dumb.

obviously you don't know George Shinn, Ray Wooldridge, and company. the Hornets will go down as one of the worst managed franchises in all of professional sports, ever. they really don't get it.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I think he was bemoaning the fact that the Hornets retired his jersey.

That's exactly what I was saying!

Retired Number's To Come

Archived