Virginia Commonwealth University Football

lost_limey

Well, it's like this, one of the Universities local to me is Virginia Commonwealth University,. Currently they are a member of the Colonial Athletic Association conference, and they are one of the few CAA schools that don't have a football team, merely a basketball entry that has on occasion made the first round of the NCAA tourney.

I was feeling like a making a football concept for one of the universities around here (Richmond, VA) and as the Richmond Spiders already have a perfectly good football identity, and team, I thought I'd throw some love VCU's way. So presenting my idea for a team that might one day exist in CAA football, the Virginia Commonwealth University Rams:

VCUFootball.png

C&C is welcomed, and will almost certainly be of better quality than the intro to this post.

I would move the horns to the sleeves. And I dont like the two colored jerseys, the home needs white and the road needs gold. Other than that i really like it, love the number font. I think black pants on the road would look great too

What he said. That would allow the TV numbers to move to the shoulders too.

Packers-2.png

VCUFootballUpdate.png

Updated:

• TV numbers on shoulders
  • Horns on sleeves
  • Attempted a horn helmet, didn't work. Attempt still there as alt helmet for home

Couldn't figure a way of adding gold into the road or white into the home jerseys that didn't feel forced.

Updated:

• TV numbers on shoulders
  • Horns on sleeves
  • Attempted a horn helmet, didn't work. Attempt still there as alt helmet for home

Couldn't figure a way of adding gold into the road or white into the home jerseys that didn't feel forced.

outline the numbers?

Also, try to make the horns on the sleeve look the the throwback Rams, it would look much better. The helmet with the logo looks way better than the helmet with the horn

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tried to make the horns on the helmet look like the throwback St. Louis Rams style, and thanks to my skills, it looked terrible, so I'm not pursuing that direction. After all this is meant to be a VCU Rams concept, not a throwback NFL concept.

To include white on the home and gold on the road, if I decide to update, I'm thinking of taking a few cues from the primary logo and going with an offset shadow on the wordmark and numbers.

Archived