Martin Done

Brass

Jacques Martin has been dismissed as the head coach of the Ottawa Senators. They will also replace one of the assistant coaches, and the goalie coach.

***FULL STORY***:http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/04/211732.html

Was this fair, Martin has had some success with them, and they played a tough opponent in this year's playoffs.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, Toronto might have been tough, but that was the fourth time in five years that the Leafs have ousted the Sens. Martin's been the coach of the Sens for 8 years. They've made the playoffs 7 of those 8 years, and they've never even been to the Stanley Cup Finals. I think that the team is just tired of mediocrity and wants to take an aggressive step towards a Cup win. It's sad to see him go, but I think the Sens made the right move.

two words: Grady Little

Does that mean Martin let Lalime in there too long? :D

exactly. too bad for martin, he will find a new team. as for otta-wah wah wah, good luck finding a coach that can get do as well of a job as Martin did.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

IM not shocked at all the Sens have been at the top so long but have not been able to win the big one, eventually the Coach will have to take the next step of go home.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hate to see him with a job, because Ithink he is a good coah, but except for last season, the Sens haven't gone far into the playoffs, and if they think that a new coach with new strategies will do it, more power to them. jaques should find a job somewhere. i think he could do great things with the Panthers

I agree with Pat Quinn blasting Ottawa's front office over this.

I firmly believe that it's the players who decide to go to the next level. Your coach can bring you to the door, and even open the door for you, but you have to walk through. There are some coaches who prevent you from reaching that level. Jacques Martin is not one of those coaches. He brought the Sens to open doors in a couple of different seasons, and this year at least, Ed Belfour basically shut the door on them.

Longest. Metaphor. Ever.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Columbus needs a coach. I hope Doulg Maclean isn't a power crazy Jackass and actually hires somebody who he can't push around. A regular everyday coach would be great for the Jackets.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived