2011 Minor League Affliate changes

BigMac12

Looks like there will be several noticable changes for some minor league teams in terms of affliation.

Texas will now have AAA affilate in Round Rock & A-Advance in Myrtle Beach.

Toronto's Short Season A will be in Vancouver.

Altanta's A-Advance in Lynchburg

The Astros and Reds will have to change affilates, too, but no press releases have been announced.

I'm just hoping that Toronto leaves Las Vegas.

Looks like there will be several noticable changes for some minor league teams in terms of affliation.

Texas will now have AAA affiliate in Round Rock & A-Advance in Myrtle Beach.

Toronto's Short Season A will be in Vancouver.

Altanta's A-Advance in Lynchburg

The Astros and Reds will have to change affiliates, too, but no press releases have been announced.

I'm just hoping that Toronto leaves Las Vegas.

Round Rock is owned by Nolan Ryan and Greenberg owns the Myrtle Beach team. Rangers are keeping it in house.

I usually use this site for my updates:

http://minorleaguesource.com/pdc.html

Some opinions from me:

- Tough call with Toronto and Vegas. I know for sure they want out of Sin City, but the only remaining option open in Triple A is Oklahoma and it'll be a dogfight between them and the Astros.

- Keep your eyes on the Cali League as the Dodgers are rumored to buy into Rancho Cucamonga, leaving Inland Empire and Bakersfield to be dealt between the Reds and Angels.

I wonder if the Astros will take over longtime Rangers affiliate in OKC?

Most likely.

I was hearing that OKC doesn't really want the Astros, so they might end up in Nashville, while the Brewers take over the Redhawks.

Brewers already re-upped with Nashville:

http://www.ballparkdigest.com/201009153083/minor-league-baseball/news/nashville-brewers-renew-pdc

All thats left in AAA are:

- Pawtucket (not leaving Boston)

- Sacramento (odds are Oakland re-ups)

- Portland (Padres will stay, especially if they but the team and move to suburban San Diego)

- Vegas (Jays contract expires in 2010)

- Oklahoma City (free agent now that Rangers left)

Someone remind me why Toronto hasn't tried to cozy up to Buffalo or go back into Syracuse?

The Mets are trying to build their upstate fan base, so I cant see them leaving Buffalo.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That's as may be, but they had what was seemingly a sweetheart deal with Syracuse. Now they're stuck trucking players in from Vegas, which makes no sense at all.

What would be a great situation for them would be to buy Portland outright(snif) and move them to Winnipeg of all places (Say what you want, that town supports the Goldeyes like crazy), and let SD go back into Vegas. If the Jays' mandate in signing on with Vancouver is to find and groom Canadian talent, then placing their AAA team in another Canadian city that supports baseball in general is the way to go. Plus upgrading Canwest Park to the league-minimum 12,500 is, as I'm told, "a cakewalk."

Of course there are travel issues, but it's not like Portland and Tacoma aren't on an island up in the PCL anyway; they're still 700 miles from their nearest opponents, so Winnipeg being 700 or 800 miles from Iowa doesn't make a difference either.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Someone remind me why Toronto hasn't tried to cozy up to Buffalo or go back into Syracuse?

IIRC they napalmed their bridges with Syracuse over the last couple years of that affiliation. Presumably this would preclude a return.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

IIRC they napalmed their bridges with Syracuse over the last couple years of that affiliation. Presumably this would preclude a return.

Yeah, I'm not sure what exactly happened, but when the Jays left Syracuse, it was because the Chiefs ran them out of town in favour of the Nationals. I suspect it may have had something to do with personnel moves by JP Ricciardi that cost Syracuse wins and fans.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Yeah, it's Canada, but Vancouver is thousands of miles away. You don't want to have your callups thousands of miles away if you can help it.

Put the Blue Jays' affiliate in Hamilton. Come on, AAA Baseball, time to Make It One.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, it's Canada, but Vancouver is thousands of miles away. You don't want to have your callups thousands of miles away if you can help it.

Put the Blue Jays' affiliate in Hamilton. Come on, AAA Baseball, time to Make It One.

Okay, which team do you want to move to Hamilton?

The Arizona Diamondbacks.... :P

I saw, I came, I left.

:bonk:

I thought they were bound for Winnipeg.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I was joking about Hamilton. I don't think they have a AAA facility nor the desire to build one. Ottawa would serve their purposes well, since I know they had a AAA team that moved to Allentown.

I don't think there are any IL towns that are particularly endangered, either. Everyone seems to have a nice new park.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived