2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up with these lop-sided hockey score lately. Toronto over Atlanta by 8 goals? Ottawa beats Pittsburgh?

Crazyness shocked.gif

Ducks added to that later with a 6-0 win over Columbus.

Far and away their easiest game of the season. Everything just kinda came to them. It was extremely refreshing to watch a game like that for the Ducks. That was the type of game they really needed, especially after the type of game they had against Nashville on Wednesday. Entertaining to be at as well. Goals, saves, chippyness, fights, home team wins big.

But yeah, some crazy scores around the NHL lately.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I was expecting the Thrashers to close the gap after it was 5-1 Leafs. Maybe not a comeback (though it wouldn't have surprised me) but a 5-3 game seemed likely. Then, instead of giving up goals, they scored four more. As a Leafs fan that shocked me.

I'm scared.

If I can interrupt to talk about good teams for a minute, the Canucks whupped the Oilers 6-1 last night, running their unbeaten-in-regulation streak to 15 (13-0-2), and still leading the NHL with 59 points.

And, since I'll be at the game tonight against Detroit, this will be a perfect time for the streak to end.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I agree but its not like losing Kostopoulous would be detrimental just replace him Craig Conroy.

The Ben Eager incident made the Kosto hit nothing in the major spotlight. Even though the Kosto hit was legit tough to watch.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wings fan get their wish. Tom Kostopoulous gets the book thrown at him, 6 games for the hit on Stuart.

Flames fans could care less, It's only Tom Kostopoulous.

In my opinion, it wasn't enough. But something is better than nothing....

Here's a good article from you're very own Calgary Herald on the incident+suspension.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/hockey/calgary-flames/Flame+game+sounds+fair+crime/4083752/story.html

Darren Dreger says that the Rangers have acquired Wojtek Wolski from Phoenix for Michal Rozsival.

WOO! OMG! YES!

(I obviously dislike Rozsival).

That's right, just confirmed on Rangers website.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I don't need to see the hit because it's been the same song and dance on every hit for the last few years. It's always the most heinous assault the game has ever seen and it always requires a swift and heavy punishment. We've 180ed from the equally fallacious "let the players police themselves with goons and honor codes!" and have instead chosen to go with "I'm telling Mom and she's gonna be so mad!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Detroit's "#1 Goalie" has a higher gaa than his "backup" and the backup is out 6-8 weeks and neither of them (their gaa) are that great.

This can't bode well for their playoff chances can it?

Yeah, the Red Wings and their 59 points in 43 games are on a collision course with disaster.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived