Stolen Work

Davidson

EDIT:

I have removed the email address of the offending party as he has written to me expressing remorse and contrition for his actions.

Whilst what he did was wrong, i think jeff has learned a valuable life lesson.

as he is a student and barely past being considered a minor, i think any further retribution may be disproportionate and could cause servere damage to his education.

i will soon remove the screenshots of his site. In the mean time I Will leave these images posted as a guide to how not to make a start in the design industry.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that is just insane! It doesn't help that some of these were clearly made in MSPaint, and some appear like they were ripped straight from presentation templates. Also, Goannas isn't spelled "Guana". This kid is about to get destroyed.

And as an aside, it it sad that I find it discouraging that none of my work has been stolen (yet)?

TDZiMMB.png

And as an aside, it it sad that I find it discouraging that none of my work has been stolen (yet)?

Hahah i was thinking the same thing.

Man I wonder sometimes what goes through some peoples minds.... You would expect something like this from an 8 year old or something but this guy (21 years old) claims that he's had a fondness for drawing ever since he was a kid... This is one of the first things you learn it is NOT ok to do.

Thanks for posting the originals, I was curious to see how blatant this was.

I thought he would have at least changed a few things up to hide his thievery but nope, he's pretty much copied the logos outright. You got to wonder what people like this are thinking... Stealing a bunch of concept logos from a community of designers so they can flaunt them as their own on the web? You can't fix stupid.

Archived