Red Wings Logo Concept

YessSir32

All I can say is wow.. good one.. I actually wondered about a 2 winged logo with the wheel in middle and 2 wings coming out each side, ya know one wing on each side... that one I might be interested in seeing somehow.... but wow great work .. I like that logo look.. only thing that bother me is the shield shape, isn't that from the Montreal Wanderers logo?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

All I can say is wow.. good one.. I actually wondered about a 2 winged logo with the wheel in middle and 2 wings coming out each side, ya know one wing on each side... that one I might be interested in seeing somehow.... but wow great work .. I like that logo look.. only thing that bother me is the shield shape, isn't that from the Montreal Wanderers logo?

thanks, shields from detroit cougars logo

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

• 4 months later...

The Wheel in the shield is a bit bland, IMO, but the two "D" variants look good. Maybe you could incorporate the wheel into one of them. What if you put a very small rendition of the wheel at the bottom point of the winged shield?

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

All I can say is wow.. good one.. I actually wondered about a 2 winged logo with the wheel in middle and 2 wings coming out each side, ya know one wing on each side... that one I might be interested in seeing somehow....

Mike Vernon had one on his mask back in the day.

1995-96+Pinnacle+Masks+Mike+Vernon.jpg

vernon_june.jpg

Here is an update:

I cleaned up the logo a bit with my best efforts from MS Paint. The second logo is one that GMW79 recommended. Jerseys will come after some C&C. Any input on how the jerseys should look? Enjoy!

RedWingsConcept.jpg

Not to be a jerk but I'm not sure if the wheel works in that logo.

I didn't take it that way at all, It was a suggestion made by another member so I wanted to show him how it looked.

I didn't take it that way at all, It was a suggestion made by another member so I wanted to show him how it looked.

Am I the only one who thinks that D doesn't fit in that shield? It looks like it's been shoe-horned in there.

Am I the only one who thinks that D doesn't fit in that shield? It looks like it's been shoe-horned in there.

I agree. Symmetrical feathers and just oddly asymmetrical D. Not sure how to fix it though.. Maybe instead of D you could do a RW that like form into the wings...

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

And I, the one who made the suggestion, agree with all of you. It doesn't look good at all. I was just curious, and thanks to YessSir32 for trying it out.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived